Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

He set Jim Ross on fire once. He also raped the corpse of his dead girlfriend. Full endorsement!!

Has this been posted yet?

Our country is so screwed...

I posted that awhile ago.  Stephen Colbert made fun of that ad on his show.

That being said, I thought Helmer somewhat redeemed himself with his ad where he filmed himself buying an assault rifle in less than 10 minutes with no background check.  Still, I feel like he's not ready for prime time.  

46 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I really hope the Dems don't blow this and don't put all their eggs in the "people still dislike Trump, right?" basket. 

That's going to be their problem.  In some parts of the country, what the Dems stand for cant win.  They need to find issues etc that can win in places that Trump won.  And simply being the candidate that's not GOP wont do it in enough places.

17 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Issues are not an issue. Trump won thanks to 8 years of cultivating a base that was full of ignorance, hate, and fear. You're not going to change those people's minds. All you can do is whip up a frenzy on the other side.

Agree with this.  The argument should begin and end with "This is not okay."  Trump's base is 35%, and he'll get a few more % because of the economy.  That still leaves plenty of votes to win with if they can be convinced that Trumpism is bad for them, bad for their kids, and bad for America, which is not a hard argument to make.  Dems in every swing district should follow the lead of Connor Lamb and take whatever positions they need to on the issues, claim the middle ground if they need to, talk about the economy if their district isn't going great, and let the constant stream of Trump scandals prove their point.  

24 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Issues are not an issue. Trump won thanks to 8 years of cultivating a base that was full of ignorance, hate, and fear. You're not going to change those people's minds. All you can do is whip up a frenzy on the other side.

8?  As soon as Hillary became the (D) candidate that can be changed to 20+ years.  The right wing had been working on her for a long time to prepare for 2016. The "lets fix what the black guy did to us" sentiment was combined with the already irrational "I have no idea why I actually hate her, but I do" attitude towards Hillary.

And let's be real for a second.  Everything they said about Hillary, they also said about Obama, and will say about whoever the next (D) candidate did.  However it worked on Hillary because the seeds of hate had been planted over many years long before she actually ever ran. That strategy isn't going to work going forward unless say, Nancy Pelosi is the nominee?

I think some of you are underestimating the power of one-issue voters.  Whether it be guns or abortion or immigration or whatever, I am worried about the number of people that will vote for people they KNOW are horrible only because they think their one issue is under attack.  And I think that will be a lot higher than 35%. 

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Agree with this.  The argument should begin and end with "This is not okay."  Trump's base is 35%, and he'll get a few more % because of the economy.  That still leaves plenty of votes to win with if they can be convinced that Trumpism is bad for them, bad for their kids, and bad for America, which is not a hard argument to make.  Dems in every swing district should follow the lead of Connor Lamb and take whatever positions they need to on the issues, claim the middle ground if they need to, talk about the economy if their district isn't going great, and let the constant stream of Trump scandals prove their point.  

I feel like you’re over estimating the number of people who didn’t know that last election, but know that now. 

I

6 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

That's going to be their problem.  In some parts of the country, what the Dems stand for cant win.  They need to find issues etc that can win in places that Trump won.  And simply being the candidate that's not GOP wont do it in enough places.

That isn't just for 2018 but for 2020. Odds are Dems nominate someone who can't win in 2020. Dems will win some house seats in 2018 but will it be the 23/24 seats they need to win control? 

I'm at my McOffice and they have FOXNews on... I'm sitting here watching them undermine our democratic institutions and intentionally mislead people so that they will support the subversion of our constitution and rule of law and I'm just kinda like, "why is this allowed?"

8 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Odds are Dems nominate someone who can't win in 2020.

They need to nominate me, I'm telling you. You guys think I'm kidding. I would straight up destroy that fat ****. Debate him to death.... literal death. Send him to heaven just so Barbara Bush can deliver an axe kick to the top of his ****ed up haircut (She's taking lessons from Joon Rhee), sending him spiraling down to hell where he'll spend the rest of eternity getting raped by the devil.

I'm Sacks 'n' Stuff and I approve this message,

5 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I'm at my McOffice and they have FOXNews on... I'm sitting here watching them undermine our democratic institutions and intentionally mislead people so that they will support the subversion of our constitution and rule of law and I'm just kinda like, "why is this allowed?"

They need to nominate me, I'm telling you. You guys think I'm kidding. I would straight up destroy that fat ****. Debate him to death.... literal death. Send him to heaven just so Barbara Bush can deliver an axe kick to the top of his ****ed up haircut (She's taking lessons from Joon Rhee), sending him spiraling down to hell where he'll spend the rest of eternity getting raped by the devil.

I'm Sacks 'n' Stuff and I approve this message,

Better get started.  If you're the savior, better start running. 

If Trump gets reelected and the GOP has full control after 2020, they are going to try to take away the term limits on the presidency.

Every single thing he does or word he says, must to be tied to all the Republicans.  Trump is the GOP now and the GOP is Trump.  They should just rename the party the Trump party.  Tie everything Trump to all the GOP candidates.  Will it work everywhere? No, heck it might help get the GOP candidate elected in some places.  You just to tie the ****hole president to all things GOP and hope it hurts the GOP candidate in enough places to give the Dems the House.

8 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Hope you order Freedom Fries comrade. :)

20 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think some of you are underestimating the power of one-issue voters.  Whether it be guns or abortion or immigration or whatever, I am worried about the number of people that will vote for people they KNOW are horrible only because they think their one issue is under attack.  And I think that will be a lot higher than 35%. 

One issue -  It just means that an issue is so important to them that that is a gate qualifier to determine if a candidate is an option. One of mine (probably the #1 gate for me) is identity politics. Does one support it, want to implement identity politics policies, use it as wedge issue etc. If so that eliminates them as an option (That means all Democrats, Trump and Trumpsters).

15 minutes ago, visionary said:

Extremely likely that the GOP will be running openly racist candidates in three Senate races this year:

1. West VA

2. Virginia

3. California

Small chance it happens in Arizona with Joe Arpaio running for Jeff Flake's seat. However, if John McCain passes away, it's extremely likely that Arpaio will not have a strong enough challenger and could very well be the nominee.

Archived