Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Cousins Play For The Skins In 2018

Veryoldschool

Will Cousins Be Back In 2018?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cousins play for the Skins in 2018?

• Yes, as part of a LTD.
    • Yes, on a tag for a year
    • No, the Skins tag him and manage to trade him
    • No, the Skins let Cousins walk and he signs a LTD with another team

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:02 PM

3 hours ago, bobandweave said:

Kirk knows this and still is a guy just wanting to get what he considers a fair offer. I still wonder if the team has any idea what a fair offer to Kirk really is. That’s the most maddening part of this situation. The reports don’t seem to show a case of them knowing that since the most recent deal was so bad the team felt they had to set the record straight about when they made offers, when they spoke, and then provide the particulars of the contract breakdown and were oblivious as to how bad the organization looked doing that

The problem with the front office is that no respectable team does what Bruce did to Kirk. Holding that press conference after the deadline was the dumbest thing they have done in years and that’s saying a lot. They get one more shot at this and I hope they have learned what not to do but I have my doubts.

How is it the whole world sees this except BA/Snyder? 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To each their own, disagree 100%.  But to play along, by the time they pick:  Allen, Darnold, Rosen, and even Mayfield are likely gone. The next pool of QBs I think are at best projects so IMO it will be welcome back to 4-12 for years.

I've watched these guys play. They are all projects.

Anyone who seriously thinks that Colt McCoy can come in here and just take over and be as productive as Kirk Cousins ..

a.) watched no preseason this year and didn't see how noodle arm performed ... against backups.

2.) is just really dumb and knows absolutely nothing about football.

d.) a and 2

On the radio this morning Chris Cooley mentioned that there are three people in the front office who aren't sold on re-signing Kirk Cousins. He wouldn't elaborate but if I had to guess, those three are Bruce Allen, Dan Snyder, and Ruce Ballen. 

Kevin Sheehan then pointed back to that dastardly July 17th statement in which Bruce Allen painted "Kurt" as a greedy SOB who was unwilling to compromise for the betterment of the team. 

Now back track to the multiple reports from Jerry Brewer, Mike Jones, and Chris Russell (who were all 100% correct about the Scot Mcloughan fiasco) about how Dan and Bruce are still sore over the failed Robert Griffin the Turd experiment and here we are.  

I honestly don't know which is worse, the Browns front office or the Redskins front office. 

The Browns had a chance to draft Carson Wentz or Deshaun Watson but passed on both, meanwhile the Redskins ACTUALLY HAVE a legit and good franchise QB but front office management doesn't want him because of feelings. 

11 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

On the radio this morning Chris Cooley mentioned that there are three people in the front office who aren't sold on re-signing Kirk Cousins. He wouldn't elaborate but if I had to guess, those three are Bruce Allen, Dan Snyder, and Ruce Ballen. 

I'd say Dan Snyder, Bruce Allen, & Doug Williams who is is technically Ruce Ballen!!  

49 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

Why wouldn't  Dan like Kirk? Last offseason Kirk talked about how they met in private and Dan expressed his desire for Kirk to stay in DC? Are we back to blaming Dan for all that is wrong now? 

Either he's directly responsible or he's hiring the people who are. So yes. 

1 hour ago, beachboy757 said:

Why wouldn't  Dan like Kirk? Last offseason Kirk talked about how they met in private and Dan expressed his desire for Kirk to stay in DC? Are we back to blaming Dan for all that is wrong now? 

Snyder gets what he wants. History shows that about him over and over again.

At that time youngest CEO of a NY stock exchange publically traded company

Basically stalking his wife until he wooed her into a relationship

So many players and coaches in the past he wanted and signed.

If anyone can ultimately make Cousins stay here it’s Snyder. If Kirk leaves a lot of the blame is on his shoulders 

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The idea coming from Mike Jones that the other owners at this stage don't care for Bruce IMO adds maybe an interesting dynamic.

My dream scenario is that the minority owners get together with Kirk's agent and force Dan to fire Bruce, hire a real GM, and then Kirk is willing to hammer out a fair market deal with the new GM.

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just for kicks, had Bruce signed Kirk in 2016 to the 3 year deal at 19M per, this team would have saved 5M this past season and would be sitting with close to 40M in cap space in 2018.  With a bonus of goodwill perhaps leading Kirk to take a hometown discount on the next contract.

Kirk would be locked into playing for us in 2018, for only $19.5M, a total steal compared to his market value.  There would be no articles about the 17 other teams that to sign Kirk, because none of those teams would be allowed to talk to him until March 2019.  The Redskins would be negotiating a contract extension right now, because competent organizations don't let their franchise QBs play contract years.

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

Basically stalking his wife until he wooed her into a relationship

Was a potted plant involved?

Just going by what’s been reported in the Post.

Only thing that comes to mind about a potted plant was the WWE angle with Mitch the potted plant between Chris Jericho and Dean Ambrose. Classic stuff for us wrestling heads

absolutey random thought as I wait to go to the Cotton Bowl tonight. 

6 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Kevin Sheehan then pointed back to that dastardly July 17th statement in which Bruce Allen painted "Kurt" as a greedy SOB who was unwilling to compromise for the betterment of the team. 

Do you recall what segment you heard the three people drill?  I listened to it just now I listened to segment 2 where they talk Kirk a little.  I listened to the full segment 3 where it was almost all Kirk. I don't doubt you heard it but struggled to find it.

While, I didn't hear the 3 people drill I did hear them talk about it from the framework in context of Kirk's point of view.  Sheehan speculated that Kirk didn't trust 1 or maybe 2 in the front office, then Cooley goes hey maybe is four or something like that.  But they seemed to be exchanging theories versus inside information.

The gist of the points I took from it:

Sheehan was slamming Bruce Allen without using his name much.  He more or less implied there is a good chance Kirk thinks Bruce is not that smart (I assume in terms of building a football team) and not that honorable.  He said Bruce's press release will leave in infamy if Kirk isn't back.  Said that release was mean spirited and unnecessary.  And his point was more or less why would Kirk want to be at a place where the president tries to turn the fanbase against you.

Sheehan thinks there is a good chance the team will go into the abyss if Kirk leaves so he doesn't care about this season and as to what they are building because they likely have to start from scratch anyway in 2018.  Sheehan thinks Kirk is an honorable dude who doesn't feel that certain people (he seemed to be specifically implying Bruce) in the FO are honorable-good people and that's the driving force for why Kirk might not want to be back as opposed to the money. 

Cooley played up again Kirk's 90% approval rating.  Cooley and Sheehan (especially Cooley) have been basking for weeks in that Kirk critics are simply a relentless vocal minority and don't represent much of the fanbase -- when you factor the 2 polls they did.

Cooley thinks the team is going places with Kirk.  They need to work it out.  Kirk deserves a salary that is slightly higher than Stafford's deal. 

Some talk about how Kirk has never been given a market deal, yet.

4 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Either he's directly responsible or he's hiring the people who are. So yes. 

I get your point. I guess I feel some slight sympathy for Dan at times. He has to be one of the most hated if not THE most hated owner in football. We all know he has made some dumb ass decisions when it comes to the Redskins but the names he gets called and every small mistake being made out to be a huge **** up by him can be tough to see sometimes.

There is only one way this gets done where it makes any sense to anyone and thats to go high on guaranteed money/length and hopefully get a break on the yearly cap hit - something along the lines of 5/125 - 100 guaranteed.  This would show Kirk he is our guy for the long haul and give him the respect and security he seems to value, while potentially keeping the cap hit manageable, especially in the later years where the QB market will have further ballooned.  If I am boss for a day I come out with something along those lines day 1 to Kirk's camp and hold to it (this is sort of what I thought donk BA had in mind when he said he thought it was not a complicated situation).  Any form of tag is just a deal with the devil at this point, 34 million is ludicrous.  Am I way off base here?

13 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To each their own, disagree 100%.  But to play along, by the time they pick:  Allen, Darnold, Rosen, and even Mayfield are likely gone. The next pool of QBs I think are at best projects so IMO it will be welcome back to 4-12 for years.

I wish I could agree with you cause I like KC, but his resume' in games that we need to have is not good. I don't see him as a guy who is confident enough to win games when we need him to step up. I certainly wouldn't overpay to keep him. 

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

Hilarious.

Dude has made literally BILLIONS off this team, and never won ****, yet claims that "all he wants to do is WIN" and people still buy it and feel sorry for him?

j1y8rzjq3h37r8jj.jpg?djet1p5k

I'm in your camp....make room.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

I wish I could agree with you cause I like KC, but his resume' in games that we need to have is not good. I don't see him as a guy who is confident enough to win games when we need him to step up. I certainly wouldn't overpay to keep him. 

I disagree with how you characterize Kirk.  But to each their own.  Moving on -- you'll say you want to draft someone.  Who do you think the Redskins are going to draft at #16 or so that will improve the team and take it a step further than Kirk?

9 hours ago, beachboy757 said:

I have never stop blaming Dan Snyder and if the Skins fail to sign Kirk I'm going to blame Snyder.  

So Breelands is hitting FA, Gruden was quite non commital on Zach Brown, and we are led to believe Gruden is safe for 2018. 

I sense preparation could be under way for a massive Cousins tag number against the cap, little other FA activities, already preemptied by Dougs comments that we only need to tinker with the squad, whilst Gruden and Cousins play out 2018 still on a shot leash. 

I mean that would suck. We need to commit now. You either buy into a longer term vision right now or clear the decks and start over right now.

Archived