Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Cousins Play For The Skins In 2018

Veryoldschool

Will Cousins Be Back In 2018?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cousins play for the Skins in 2018?

• Yes, as part of a LTD.
    • Yes, on a tag for a year
    • No, the Skins tag him and manage to trade him
    • No, the Skins let Cousins walk and he signs a LTD with another team

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:02 PM

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

He’s a loser.  Stats be dammed 

Yep, he is a loser. No one else on that team has anything to do with it. He is just a loser doing a lot with a little. That being said, he sure does like leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth at the end of the season. What a putrid game. One of his worst by far. 

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/the-blow-it-up-redskins-appear-ready-to-gamble-on-stability/2017/12/30/7b9fe5da-ecda-11e7-b698-91d4e35920a3_story.html?utm_term=.4a7d76b9dd1b

Barring a humiliating loss to the 2-13 Giants and an 11th-hour change of heart, Snyder will retain Gruden, who has three years remaining on his contract, and grant Allen a ninth year as his chief football adviser.

Does today count as humiliating?

3 minutes ago, LaxBuddy21 said:

Yep, he is a loser. No one else on that team has anything to do with it. He is just a loser doing a lot with a little. That being said, he sure does like leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth at the end of the season. What a putrid game. One of his worst by far. 

Nobody else thinks they deserve to be the highest paid player in league history. You reap what you sow

As I said in the assessment thread, Cousins gave his critics every excuse they could possibly desire and provided nothing for his supporters. It shouldn't matter and the FO should come out with a strong initial offer as soon as they are permitted, but man, Cousins gave them nothing today.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

As I said in the assessment thread, Cousins gave his critics every excuse they could possibly desire and provided nothing for his supporters. It shouldn't matter and the FO should come out with a strong initial offer as soon as they are permitted, but man, Cousins gave them nothing today.

It’s not just today.  His checkdown stats are phenomenal.  But he’s a losing record as a starter and his big game performances are legendarily bad.  

If he needs so so much more around him to win, how on earth can we afford to pay him what he wants 

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

It’s not just today.  His checkdown stats are phenomenal.  But he’s a losing record as a starter and his big game performances are legendarily bad.  

If he needs so so much more around him to win, how on earth can we afford to pay him what he wants 

It's hard to argue that when the going gets tough Cousins folds. He has led a number of game winning drives (several of which the defense found nearly miraculous ways to erase), but when talking about the Franchise QB leading the team and putting the team on his back when it matters most... We haven't seen it enough.

My feeling is still LTD or let him walk. No transition tag and no franchise tag. He's a good to very good QB. We probably can get to 7-9, 8-7-1, etc. without having kthe highest paid QB in league history. He's a good/very good QB, but when we look at his ceiling and floor... his floor can be really, really low.

Kirk has always folded under pressure in the biggest games and moments and for the kind of "franchise qb money" he has been paid and wanting to be the highest paid player in NFL history, get real!!!!!

I would tag and trade him and just start over because if he needs "everything" around him perfect in order to win a championship then why do we need him, many less expensive options available.

I would keep upgrading the team, dominant LG, NT/DT, RB, WR and Edge rusher and draft a QB. 

28 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Does today count as humiliating?

Everything was on the line today.  Could it be a bigger game than this?  I was surprised that the game wasn't bumped up to Sunday night.  We were all on the edge of our seats because the high stakes.  Even higher stakes than last weeks game against Denver.  The weather was perfect for throwing the ball around.:ols:

And we've all made the case before -- the stats back it up.  Really no QBs have bad games, it just doesn't happen to anyone really -- really its just Kirk.  So yeah I'd assume big time humiliating considering the stakes and the weird happenstance of a QB having a bad game.  I don't know if Kirk will ever bounce back from this.  :ols:

1 minute ago, LaxBuddy21 said:

Literally everyone else thinks they deserve market value. Your opinion of value is irrelevant. Market value is what market value is. 

His market value is not the best qb in the nfl.  Just because he’s not as bad as Beck or Waffle doesn’t mean he’s as good as the top 10 QBs.  

I hope Zach Brown resigns with Skins.  I wonder if he wants to stay?  If he leaves that will be a bad sign for next year.

I wonder what Cousins is thinking about whether or not he wants to play on this team next year given the receivers he had this year.

His performance today was putrid.  7-9 is a losing season which means extreme frustration for fans and players to face up to now.

2 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I wonder what Cousins is thinking about whether or not he wants to play on this team next year given the receivers he had this year.

Larry Michael asked him after the game whether he wants to be back.  Kirk say yeah if they will have me -- and then something to the effect of it being a positive experience for him.

Honest question. Last year he had his weapons. He had McVay. He threw a game ending pick. Fast forward to this year. Same opponent. No weapons. No McVay. Threw a game ending pick. Both games the opponent had zilch to play for. NADDA! If we give him a large contract who do we put around him to make him better? At what cost? Will there be enough money to go around? With a salary cap in place they cannot load this team up at all the skill positions. They just cant. So once again I ask how do we pay for the pieces that he needs?

12 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

His market value is not the best qb in the nfl.  Just because he’s not as bad as Beck or Waffle doesn’t mean he’s as good as the top 10 QBs.  

First of all, he is in the top 10. Second of all, his ranking is irrelevant to his market value. Quarterbacks don't get paid on their ranking. Top half quarterbacks get paid on the timing of their contracts. 

This game is apples to oranges to last year's game against the Giants.  It's not like we had it all on the line and the Giants didn't again.  What was on the line today is there same playoff permutation that I missed on?  Both teams had nothing on the line.  Why was today more important than the Denver or Arizona game?

It's been a season long thing for those who aren't sold on Kirk to come out and bash Kirk and globalize the game as the definitive one to judge on him when he has a bad game.  So I wouldn't expect today to be different.   But this was a meaningless game.  So this is not an example of him failing to perform in a high stakes matchup.  

They re-sign him and draft a QB because that’s easiest and safest thing to do 

we’ll end up with 7-8 wins again and we do the same dance next year. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This game is apples to oranges to last year's game against the Giants.  It's not like we had it all on the line and the Giants didn't again.  What was on the line today is their same playoff permutation that I missed on?  Both teams had nothing on the line.  Why was today more important than the Denver or Arizona game?

It's been a season long thing for those who aren't sold on Kirk to come out and bash Kirk and globalize the game as the definitive one to judge on him when he has a bad game.  So I wouldn't expect today to be different.   But this was a meaningless game.  So this is not an example of him failing to perform in a high stakes matchup.  

Nope, just him sucking beyond belief against a team that he sucks beyond belief against every year 

at this point, his performances against NYG have to be a red flag 

Archived