Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Mara's midgets At REDSKINS

TK

I have to give it to them.  They played their butts off in the second half.  The running game was impressive in the second half.  You must have a running game to win so they better take notice of that this off season.  But boy the Giants are really bad.  That was one of the most pathetic offensive showings I have ever seen.  Eli looked horrible.  

Just now, joeken24 said:

Aha! So the truth comes out. Kinda the opposite of last week.

Yes, losing the game last week doesn't change the fact that we played well for 58 minutes.

It requires some honesty and a little effort, but I found its better to consider the entire game and outcome whenever possible.

Schedule sets up well.  Full week of rest, then Dallas, who’s lost 3 in a row, essentially in an elimination game for both teams. 

then long rest, which will be helpful if they win in Dallas.  

Paloffs are now.  They’re going to need to win 6 in a row to have a chance to get in.  They have a chance....

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

With 5 seconds before the 2 min warning, you can call a quick, safe pass.  They’re thinking run all the way, so you have the element of surprise.

the only thing that hurts you is an INT.  Sack doesn’t really matter, incomplete doesn’t matter, because you’ll get to the 2 min warning anyway.

There is no way in hell you call a quick pass of any kind in that situation.  We have a mashed up OLine, and KC already chucked one pick six in this game.  You absolutely run the ball there and kick the FG.

I know you're not a fan of Gruden's play calling, and rightfully so at times.  But this criticism is unwarranted.

I don't think this game was as bad as people say considering that the entire left side of our line were backups, two of them not even on the roster at the start of the year, our tackles were both obviously hurting, and Crowder got hurt.  I actually think Perine might have got knicked at one point.  But at the end of the game we actually got a running game going.  I'd say next week we'll probably bring John Kling up from the PS, maybe cut Caraun Reid or Pete Robertson

Defense played well consider we're down to our fifth string ILB and missing another starter on the DL

Certainly things to complain about.  (What was with that cluster**** on the punt/non-punt/delay?  I assume that's 100% on Jay.  

Still.  It's a division win.  Hard to get mad after those.  

We had a 100 yard rushing day, from Perine.  Props to a whole lot of backups, for that one.  

Archived