Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Mara's midgets At REDSKINS

TK

3 minutes ago, carex said:

I don't think this game was as bad as people say considering that the entire left side of our line were backups, two of them not even on the roster at the start of the year, our tackles were both obviously hurting, and Crowder got hurt.  I actually think Perine might have got knicked at one point.  But at the end of the game we actually got a running game going.  I'd say next week we'll probably bring John Kling up from the PS, maybe cut Caraun Reid or Pete Robertson

Defense played well consider we're down to our fifth string ILB and missing another starter on the DL

Yes. Thank you! 

2 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Another gritty effort from Cousins who endured 6 sacks behind a line made up of 4 backups.

I just dont understand how the haters cant see this. Through the injuries Kirk keeps putting us in position to win. By no means was this his best game but hey division games are always tricky. The record goes out the window. And the giants did just beat KC last week. 

Im with Kirk ?

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

With 5 seconds before the 2 min warning, you can call a quick, safe pass.  They’re thinking run all the way, so you have the element of surprise.

the only thing that hurts you is an INT.  Sack doesn’t really matter, incomplete doesn’t matter, because you’ll get to the 2 min warning anyway.

And if there is fumble or a sack - if which there were 6 because you have 3 guys playing Oline there were not even on the team to starting the season - they didn't even start last week!!  The C is literally off the street! How about a holding call? 

There is nothing safe about a pass! It's the dumbest thing you can do there. It's the play that gives them best chance to get the ball back without us scoring! They are hoping you call pass!

You call 3 safe running plays and kick the FG for the win!! Period! This is the type of ridiculous criticism that makes no sense!! Just complaining to complain!

This is the kind of game where both teams looked mediocre for the majority of the game.  The 'Skins managed to look decent for 25% of the game and fortunately because of their opponent, that was all it took to win.

I would be more ok with the nature in which the 'Skins won today, if say they were able to come away with wins in Nawlins.  The problem is they have blown enough opportunities this season that once again the margin of error in order to stay relevant is so slim now.

Just wanna say that 4th & 1 delay of game after the timeout was ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE. That infuriated me. As for the rest of the game pretty mediocre overall, although loved what I saw from Crowder been waiting for that effort all year. Run blocking showed some promise....Perine showed a burst. Still a pretty mediocr

Archived