The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

7 hours ago, KDawg said:

So just seeing if I’m keeping up...

-Allen out of football ops

-May still be president

-the word is he will be “out of the building”

-people speculate how the **** you keep the team president out of the building

-I wonder if “out of the building” simply means he has an office elsewhere but still shows up at the building to “pick Dan up for golf”

- The Riverboat is rumored to be the coach.

- The Riverboat is rumored to be the coach without a GM already in place and no good personnel guys tied to him to bring in as GM.

-Nothing has changed.

So the clown show continues.🤣😠☹️😢

As long as danny boy runs his fantasy football team nothing is going to really change, cosmetics at best. After Cerrato and Allen who's going to be the next yes man ?

Allen to the Rams !

hi-res-888f416755f8ec5f890037cf07cd9f8c_

Yessss ! He's back as our HC :744:(allright, I know I ingested too many substances during Xmas) :silly:

Tomorrow there may be a new phrase associated with the Skins- "Losing off the Field".  For many years we joked about the Danny firing up

his jet to go get a high priced worthless free agent and called it "Winning off the Field" because we hoped the free agents he brought back on

the plane would pan out.    It will definitely be Losing off the Field if we find out Bruce is still employed by the Skins, even if he works remotely

from the Shenandoah Mountains in a small hut and only has dial up internet service and an old telephone.  Also fans will be so angry another

new term will emerge- the Deadskins until this owner completely cuts ties with Allen- regardless of who he puts in the front office and who

he hires as the next Head Coach.

3 hours ago, dyst said:

This loser of an owner is gonna pick the HC before hiring a new GM?

You know this how?  Maybe he picked a GM and then picked a coach.  No one knows diddly squat and its all a guessing game as to who is gonna be hired and in what order.  For all we know he chose Schaeffer/Smith as Pres and GM and they pointed him to Rivera

Though Paulsen contradicts the point here as to Lewis.  So wow Marvin is such a get he'd be HC with serious personnel powers, too?    :(

2 minutes ago, boston skins fan said:

You know this how?  Maybe he picked a GM and then picked a coach.  No one knows diddly squat and its all a guessing game as to who is gonna be hired and in what order.  For all we know he chose Schaeffer/Smith as Pres and GM and they pointed him to Rivera

It is possible that Dan's "committee" is making these recommendations or he has a new GM and just isn't saying it.  I am betting not.  but you never know, I gather we will find out soon. 

Obviously all speculation but the situation and moves being thrown around right now are underwhelming at best. Bruce still has a job? Really? Then Marvin Lewis? Riddick? Is Dan so hated no one actually in the league will work for him? This would mark yet another time when Snyder hires a bunch of people no one else will touch. Bruce Allen didn’t have a job before Dan hired him too. These people aren’t working for a reason. Dan may not be stupid, but he’s blind as a bat. Either that, or the stigma around him is really that bad. Even Jerry Jones does better at hiring people than Dan.

The two names in the running so far, Rivera & Lewis, are both Defensive coaches which allows the the team to keep Kevin O'Connell in place as the OC. Remember, ever since Jason Campbell (Gibbs/Saunders/Zorn), our young QBs(RG3/Kirk- Kyle/McVay/LeFleur) had been constantly getting new OC which some pointed to as screwing up their development.   

1 minute ago, TK said:

The two names in the running so far, Rivera & Lewis, are both Defensive coaches which allows the the team to keep Kevin O'Connell in place as the OC. Remember, ever since Jason Campbell (Gibbs/Saunders/Zorn), our young QBs(RG3/Kirk- Kyle/McVay/LeFleur) had been constantly getting new OC which some pointed to as screwing up their development.   

Which would make sense and be the first time Dan has hired a defensive minded coach. But then some are also saying Hue Jackson would be in play? Yet another guy who couldn’t get a job in the NFL. 

Bruce not being completely out is still the most baffling part of this. He’s made no progress on the stadium and quite frankly I really question the validity of his use in talks. A winning team is what will get the deal done, not some semi-well connected greaseball politician.

6 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Which would make sense and be the first time Dan has hired a defensive minded coach. But then some are also saying Hue Jackson would be in play? Yet another guy who couldn’t get a job in the NFL. 

Hue was a pretty good RB coach here under Spurrier. 

But Rivera is still (as of last night) the front runner.

Rivera ... Lewis ... ugh. Neither excites me in any way. Nor does a "reassigned Bruce Allen." 

I want to see Snyder in front of that microphone on Monday APOLOGIZING to the few fans remaining who care and taking responsibility for the implosion of this franchise. Pretty much guarantee he's not man enough to do it. 

And remember, you can't spell "reassigned" without "ASS". 

1 minute ago, Dissident2 said:

Rivera ... Lewis ... ugh. Neither excites me in any way. Nor does a "reassigned Bruce Allen." 

This is pretty much where I've been at. Though after sleeping on it, I've warmed up on the Rivera front from "ewww" to "well if it keeps O'Connell here with Haskins we'll see". 

Bruce still needs to be out of the League. 

46 minutes ago, boston skins fan said:

If I knew I would not have put a question mark at the end of my post. Joking aside I really don’t know, but wouldn’t be surprised since Snyder is the opposite of Midas.

25 minutes ago, TK said:

Not to insult KOC and compare him to Haslett, but this smells like the same type of scenario we’ve seen in the past.  Hire a head coach who will take some leftovers.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not to insult KOC and compare him to Haslett, but this smells like the same type of scenario we’ve seen in the past.  Hire a head coach who will take some leftovers.

Yep and this is why these rumors stink.

Just hire a new and legitimate GM. Let the GM hire and announce the head coach. Let the new head coach bring his own staff without stipulation.

It shouldn’t be this difficult.

13 minutes ago, TK said:

This is pretty much where I've been at. Though after sleeping on it, I've warmed up on the Rivera front from "ewww" to "well if it keeps O'Connell here with Haskins we'll see". 

Bruce still needs to be out of the League. 

The only thing really making me happy about Rivera is the threat of Lewis getting the job. 

Although, 43, Smith and KoC staying, etc, theres some bright spots.

Again, this is like the bargaining stage of death here in the thread.

"Ok, Bruce is going to stay but what if we keep KOC and Eric Schaffer gets more power to....... and Marvin Lewis has lunch with Rivera......"

Cleaning house means everyone. It can't be personal. But the entire front office, coaches, med staff, scouts, EVERYONE if you really want to start over and hand the keys to a new leader.

cleanhouse.jpg

Archived