Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

LOL TK.  I actually think the Vegas Roomba is going to be a great fan experience...…..they seem to have it right as far as the scale (65K), as well as open doors that are going to provide a great view of the Strip on the north side. Snyder needs to look at it for a model of what he should build here, IMO.  LA's new place is getting more attention.....and the whole complex does look palatial...….but it seems like the stadium experience is going to feature too many suite levels that is going to push the upper deck too high for a good viewing experience (like FedEx). 

If Allen was going to be fired, why would we wait until the season is over?  Dan is so going to botch whatever he does. If it doesn't happen by 4am monday morning, it may not.

I still think Bruce is "helping" pick the new coach. That Tampa assistant looks good.  Or at minimum, interfering in and effecting the process. Those interviewed for our HC gig are probably pushing back to his presence, and forcing Dan's hand. And hopefully driving Bruce into exile. 

What's he doing here?

hqdefault.jpg

So just seeing if I’m keeping up...

-Allen out of football ops

-May still be president

-the word is he will be “out of the building”

-people speculate how the **** you keep the team president out of the building

-I wonder if “out of the building” simply means he has an office elsewhere but still shows up at the building to “pick Dan up for golf”

- The Riverboat is rumored to be the coach.

- The Riverboat is rumored to be the coach without a GM already in place and no good personnel guys tied to him to bring in as GM.

-Nothing has changed.

5 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I was listening to Finlay's podcast and he said he couldn't say Bruce was being fired because "he didn't know", but he said he wouldn't be surprised if Bruce had some spot doing something but it wouldn't be football related.

I guess the big thing here is what is Bruce Allen's title come Monday? When Bruce hired Scott he became team President which gave him ultimate power, I want to know if he will be in a position of power. 

Bruce doesn't have to be in a position of power.  He's still employed, he will have Dan's ear. He will slowly undermine hte new coach/gm and eventually get his job back.

5 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

He's clearly putting that ridiculous info out there that the Rams might be interested. There is no way in hell Boy Wonder would want that man anywhere near that FO. It's a jedi mind trick on Snyder.

100 percent this. So obvious. Amazing what PFT will run with. 

5 hours ago, TK said:

Bruce fired from football ops.

More heads to roll.

Bruce is OUT of the building BUT will still be working on the stadium deal AWAY from the Park. 

Trent isn't working on a new deal.

HC has been offered to Rivera-He hasn't said NO but he's still watching the Cowboys & Giants.

Marvin Lewis tied to Riddick

Rivera tied Moroocco 

Rick Smith tied to no one but helped build Shanny's last SB roster & his work in Houston

Dan has had prelim talks with Macarty

Is someone at Redskins Park giving you this info. or since you work for Dan here; you are privileged to certain info?

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

How long do you expect Dan to wait for Rivera? Before moving to plan B?

I doubt Cowboys hire Rivera.  When they move on from Jason Garrett, for some reason, I expect Jerry to want somebody with a direct Cowboy connection. 

And he’d be crazy to choose NY if he’s given more control here. 

Jerry is going to:

1. Asks the Saints if Sean Peyton can be traded for?

2. See if Mike Zimmer, gets fired from Minnesota.

3. Is Urban Meyer really interested in the Cowboys?

4.  See if Lincoln O'Reily is interested?

I think Rivera would be down Jerry's list.

4 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I hear you, but I'm pretty sure the Rooney rule doesn't apply to front office positions so this is worrisome. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooney_Rule

>>>The Rooney Rule is a National Football League policy that requires league teams to interview ethnic-minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation jobs. It is sometimes cited as an example of affirmative action, as there is no quota or preference given to minorities in the hiring of candidates<<<

It's supposed to.

Bruce being stripped of being a part of football operations but possibly remaining in the building does not sit well with me. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28385206/source-bruce-allen-no-longer-running-redskins-football-operations

Pretty much the ol' bait and switch if you ask me. Put a ****ing face on a puppet GM. Kyle would be perfect for the position in that case. He's used to this ****. Everybody seems to think he's the answer. I'm almost rooting for him to get the position just to see what happens. Its not like this organization is going to magically change the narrative or even the culture in a one year span anyway. Might as well face another year of dysfunction. Additionally if Bruce is anywhere in the building, he'll find a mic in his face which will continue the narrative about Dan and Bruce when head scratching decisions are made. Because lets be honest, Kyle wouldn't be able to just step in that position without some of Bruce's guidance. Particularly if he's right down the damn hall.

**** that. Get 'em all the out a here.

6 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Dan owns the site right?  So, aren't the mods technically in his employ; even if it's a volunteer thing?

Those words don’t mean what you think they mean. :)  

Employ would mean payroll checks, W2s, benefits... etc. 

59 minutes ago, TK said:

Those words don’t mean what you think they mean. :)  

Employ would mean payroll checks, W2s, benefits... etc. 

Ah, so more like an intern... Working for free is probably better than the thousands of dollars I’ve willingly handed Dan over the years. 

3 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Bruce being stripped of being a part of football operations but possibly remaining in the building does not sit well with me. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28385206/source-bruce-allen-no-longer-running-redskins-football-operations

Pretty much the ol' bait and switch if you ask me. Put a ****ing face on a puppet GM. Kyle would be perfect for the position in that case. He's used to this ****. Everybody seems to think he's the answer. I'm almost rooting for him to get the position just to see what happens. Its not like this organization is going to magically change the narrative or even the culture in a one year span anyway. Might as well face another year of dysfunction. Additionally if Bruce is anywhere in the building, he'll find a mic in his face which will continue the narrative about Dan and Bruce when head scratching decisions are made. Because lets be honest, Kyle wouldn't be able to just step in that position without some of Bruce's guidance. Particularly if he's right down the damn hall.

**** that. Get 'em all the out a here.

That's a creepy proposition because it puts two worlds against one another. Bruce's friend (best friend?) is AJ Smith. But AJ Smith's son is Kyle. We don't know much about Kyle's relationship with Bruce. As far as I know Kyle Smith was promoted based on Doug's recommendation after the Scot Mc stuff. But I find it hard to imagine that Bruce doesn't like or think highly of Kyle. Heck Mike Shanahan thought highly of him when he was here. But did Bruce fear him as a possible threat to his job? 

Its not hard to imagine that AJ Smith would stick with Kyle over Bruce. Heck, its not even hard to imagine that AJ Smith is one of the consultants who Snyder is talking to. If I remember correctly, he was close to becoming the GM at the time of Scot but he thought low of RG3 and so didn't want to invest in him. And that "soured" the relationship between him and Dan. But who knows what has happened since then, and who knows maybe AJ Smith was high on Haskins? But Dan repaired things with Williams so who knows. 

So I'd believe that Bruce is further from Dan's ear than he's ever been right now. Even if AJ is not a part of the committee, the fact that there is a committee that doesn't include Bruce and that committee is recommending removing / restructuring / reassigning / demoting Bruce is a knock on Bruce & Dan because Dan can't look at what Bruce has been saying as gospel any more.

The question is who will get in Dan's ear to fill the void? And lets be real because to me this is less about Bruce and more about stuff like who will be there to carry out Dan's dirty work (drafting Sanchez, drafting Moss, trading for McNabb, trading for RG3, drafting Haskins). Right now the story is too cut and dry for it to be done. If we had Schaffer / Smith / Rivera or Lewis as out top three positions, I'd be amazed but I doubt it happens because then when Dan wants to draft Judy over Chase Young who will go into the room to do it for him? Doug? So maybe Kyle is a dummy GM or maybe there's more to the story. 

is AJ Smith Bruce's friend? 

Back at the start of the entire Scott McGloughlan thing wasn't Smith working in an advisor role that got Dan thinking they needed a football guy running football operations (GM) alongside Bruce... But Bruce baulked at the idea of Smith and brought in his friend Scott in, instead? 

Archived