GM: Kyle smith

Senior Vice President of Football Operations: Eric Schaffer

Senior Vice President of Player Personnel: Urban Meyer

Head Coach: Ron Rivera

Defensive Coordinator: Rob Ryan

Defensive Line Coach: Sam Mills or Karl Dunbar

Offensive Coordinator: Kevin O’Connell 

Rob Ryan?! 

I like elevating Schaffer and K Smith, Smith has shown he can find good players in all rounds including undrafted rookies and Eric seems to have the likability factor and good name that Bruce doesn't have.

Our main issue has been player retention and negotiations with current players and prospective free agents, Bruce has killed us there and turned the entire league against us.

For me, it's all about the hierarchy, who is in charge and who has the ultimate power, if Bruce is still President of this team after tomorrow then none of this matters, I don't care if he's the "stadium" guy he can no longer have any power over anyone in this franchise.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/12/27/nfl-coaching-news-rumors-2019-black-monday

An update: A source says that owner Dan Snyder assembled a small circle of football people earlier in the season to help him with Washington’s search process. None of those people work for the team. So he hasn’t done it alone, but those with the team aren’t involved.

No coach is going to win without a qb. If Haskins develops both Rivera and Marvin are capable of going to the dance. The only issue in that scenario is the OC will continually change because successful OCs get snatched up fast.

The only guy in the mix I’m absolutely against is Bienemy. he’s Zorn 2.0. Complete disaster waiting to explode.

I would really like to roll the dice with Urban but I’m good with Rivera. Marvin without Hue Jackson is good too. I hope they retain Callahan as line coach.

4 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Rob Ryan?! 

He’s already here, and has done a pretty great job with our linebackers all things considered. Foster and Brailford on the IR to start the season. Holcomb and Sweat are rookies that have led a top 10 sacking defense. ( #9 surprisingly). John Bostic in his first year here. Anderson looks like he might actually be a contributor. 

6 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/12/27/nfl-coaching-news-rumors-2019-black-monday

An update: A source says that owner Dan Snyder assembled a small circle of football people earlier in the season to help him with Washington’s search process. None of those people work for the team. So he hasn’t done it alone, but those with the team aren’t involved.

This is what I have been hoping he would do for a while. A guy with a need to be the boss and be involved, the best you can ask for is he surround himself with people who think differently than he does and will tell him the truth. Influence him with hopefully good information. 

I hope that’s what this was (assuming it happened at all) 

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

No coach is going to win without a qb. If Haskins develops both Rivera and Marvin are capable of going to the dance. The only issue in that scenario is the OC will continually change because successful OCs get snatched up fast.

The only guy in the mix I’m absolutely against is Bienemy. he’s Zorn 2.0. Complete disaster waiting to explode.

I would really like to roll the dice with Urban but I’m good with Rivera. Marvin without Hue Jackson is good too. I hope they retain Callahan.

Marvin plays to not lose. He mismanaged the game and gets out coached every second half of every meaningful game. He’s got the motivational skills of a ham sandwich. He is terrified of the moment. Coaches like Sean Payton, McVay, Pederson, Tomlin, and almost every newer younger coach will take his lunch money week in and week out. Callahan is a bum as well. Appreciate his services leading this team to the #2. Now kindly pack your **** and get out. 

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

He’s already here, and has done a pretty great job with our linebackers all things considered. Foster and Brailford on the IR to start the season. Holcomb and Sweat are rookies that have led a top 10 sacking defense. ( #9 surprisingly). John Bostic in his first year here. Anderson looks like he might actually be a contributor. 

His defenses have historically been terrible. Poor tacklers and were always near the bottom in sacks and turnovers. No thank you.

As for all the other rumors, I hope we just say no to Rick Smith and elevate Kyle. I'm thrilled with his last few drafts and udfa's, a few more years of drafts like we've had recently and we will have a young, deep and good team. (Assuming we get a decent HC and DC)

I could live with Rivera and to a lesser extent Lewis.. mostly because of his hard on for hue Jackson.. the guy is a terrible coach.

Overall, out of everything I'm hearing, I feel really blah about the names that have been floated.

Who knows. Maybe a few 8-9 win seasons will put butts in seats with these guys.. instead of the flashy Spurrier type hiring.

32 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The nice thing about Rivera/Lewis is that their histories suggest the will run a tight ship. This team needs discipline. We’ve seen The positive effects of that even during Callahans failed stint

Lewis runs a right ship? He had some of the dirtiest players in the NFL playing on his watch. 

9 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

He’s proven to be a mediocre at best DC in the past. Also oversaw a historically bad D in New Orleans. He’s an undisciplined mess on and off the field. 

34 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I hope we hire Ron Rivera just so he can trade Josh Norman twice.

He didn't trade him the first time, the GM just revoked the franchise tag he hadn't signed. Hopefully Rivera wouldn't have the power to trade anyone here.

2 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

His defenses have historically been terrible. Poor tacklers and were always near the bottom in sacks and turnovers. No thank you.

As for all the other rumors, I hope we just say no to Rick Smith and elevate Kyle. I'm thrilled with his last few drafts and udfa's, a few more years of drafts like we've had recently and we will have a young, deep and good team. (Assuming we get a decent HC and DC)

I could live with Rivera and to a lesser extent Lewis.. mostly because of his hard on for hue Jackson.. the guy is a terrible coach.

Overall, out of everything I'm hearing, I feel really blah about the names that have been floated.

Who knows. Maybe a few 8-9 win seasons will put butts in seats with these guys.. instead of the flashy Spurrier type hiring.

Im thinking more of a co defensive Coordinator role. Ideally I’d rather have Rex Ryan over Rivera. But I can respect the decision to get a guy that brings professionalism and the willingness to build around the skill sets of the best players on the the team. Rob Ryan had a serious role in the patriots defense  winning 2 superbowls. 

31 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The nice thing about Rivera/Lewis is that their histories suggest the will run a tight ship. This team needs discipline. We’ve seen The positive effects of that even during Callahans failed stint

Huh?  Love ya, Burg....But Lewis' MO for years has always been that his teams have very little discipline (think all the off the field issues Cincy had for years). 

26 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Rob Ryan?! 

My thoughts exactly. If we allow Rob Ryan to end up as DC, Dan is even dumber than I thought.  And that's saying something. 

17 minutes ago, -JB- said:

What makes you think that a comparison to Zorn is a respectable assumption?

position coach all his career under an offensive guru. Never called a single NFL play. Worthless when he did in college. Plus a ton of character issues. Dude is a fraud and bad news.

13 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

position coach all his career under an offensive guru. Never called a single NFL play. Worthless when he did in college. Plus a ton of character issues. Dude is a fraud and bad news.

Fair enough lol But also a reason why people should shut up and be happy if Rivera is hired.  It could be way worse! Ha

39 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I would really like to roll the dice with Urban but I’m good with Rivera. Marvin without Hue Jackson is good too. I hope they retain Callahan as line coach.

Dan will have filled the position by the time he's available. KC is going to the divisional round at least.

I predict will be ultimately disappointed with whatever happens regarding Bruce, the front office and head coach.

I expect to be underwhelmed and I fully expect this new era go this way:

2020- Transition year. At best, 8-8 or 9-7.

2021- Playoff year. Our first 11 win season.

2022- losing season, it start comes to apart

2023- a season similar to this year.  Dan fires everyone.

4 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Do Lewis and Riverboat Ron even have strong hand in the D? Ron his DC is doing an amazing job in Buffalo (with the FO from Carolina) and I always felt Lewis was more a CEO type of HC. 

Is there reason to believe that what made Carolina great is what is makes Buffalo good now? 

Leslie Frazier has never coached in Carolina. From what I gather, he has no connection to Ron at all.  

Archived