Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Rivera’s teams’ started to fall flat as soon as McDermott and Beane were out of Carolina. I don’t find that to be much of a coincidence. 

Im not against Rivera. I’m doubtful of any coach who comes in with Bruce Allen still employed in any capacity, though.

So Rivera and Lewis are being mentioned, and a large number of posters are cringing at either. Is there anyone with NFL HC experience that will be available that would be better in people's minds.....or is everyone just retread-wary and wants to try the coordinator rank again or go to the college ranks?

20 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Winning coach of the year multiple

times and going to playoffs 4 out of 5 seasons & playing in a Super Bowl sure screams of mediocrity.  Where do you guys come up with this ****???

His highs were high but his lows were far more numerous despite having a franchise QB. There are questions, let's not pretend there aren't. He's a defensive guy whose defenses were usually not even good. 

I'm curious what FO guy he wants to work with, the fact he WANTS to work with Gettleman again is a big red flag. He also had a hard time finding a good OC for Cam all those years...not a great sign. 

My ideal scenario:

President: Eric Schaffer

GM: Kyle Smith

HC: Ron Rivera

OC: Kevin O’Connell

DC: Whoever Ron picks

Nowhere in the building: Bruce Allen

We have good talent on the roster, on the coaching staff and in the front office. I think some underestimate the addition by subtraction of firing BA, Manusky, etc.

25 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

So Rivera and Lewis are being mentioned, and a large number of posters are cringing at either. Is there anyone with NFL HC experience that will be available that would be better in people's minds.....or is everyone just retread-wary and wants to try the coordinator rank again or go to the college ranks?

Most I've seen seem fine with Rivera which surprises me.  There are a few threads so maybe I missed it.  Not much I can do about it so it will be him for 3 years minimum.  Just not excited about that at all if he is hired.  He had a couple really good years but the staff was really good at the time.  It just smells of more 7-9 win seasons with Dan making personal decisions as usual.  I was for the Coordinator or college coaches that never have been a HC before.  

Noting I can do though. It's a very Dan move

1 hour ago, cgm110 said:

I don't disagree, but a guy who had a losing record in 2/3 of his seasons isn't who I see as rejuvenating this team.... I'd rather take a flyer on a young guy like Robert Saleh and give him 3-4 years than a guy whos failed before 

Cherry picking his seasons to fit your agenda..............come on man.  Overall record, leading a team where the QB was MVP and to a Super Bowl, etc. all count, whether you try to dismiss his accomplishments or not.  Would he be the perfect HC, most likely not, but most likely better than any other HC that would consider coming on board.  

44 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Rivera’s teams’ started to fall flat as soon as McDermott and Beane were out of Carolina. I don’t find that to be much of a coincidence. 

There definitely is a correlation.  However Cam has also been in and mostly out of the lineup for that period of time.  

44 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Im not against Rivera. I’m doubtful of any coach who comes in with Bruce Allen still employed in any capacity, though.

If he’s stadium boy, and doesn’t have an office in the building I doubt they care.  The NFL is weird that way. 

29 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If he’s stadium boy, and doesn’t have an office in the building I doubt they care.  The NFL is weird that way. 

I don’t care if THEY care. I don’t think they can be successful, though, as long as Allen is employed.

34 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Cherry picking his seasons to fit your agenda..............come on man.  Overall record, leading a team where the QB was MVP and to a Super Bowl, etc. all count, whether you try to dismiss his accomplishments or not.  Would he be the perfect HC, most likely not, but most likely better than any other HC that would consider coming on board.  

Cherry picking? I literally am encompassing his entire body of work and facts are in 6/9 seasons he had a losing record

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So...meeting Rivera tomorrow per Schefter.

That means a new FO executive is

1. Already in place

2. Rivera has someone in mind

3. Just reshuffle of current guys

I'm sure it's 3. Which is not thrilling. 

So frustrating if 3 turns out to be the case.  I'm even annoyed at 2, and I'm very meh at Rivera as well if he is the guy.  He feels like Jay Gruden 2.0.

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So...meeting Rivera tomorrow per Schefter.

That means a new FO executive is

1. Already in place

2. Rivera has someone in mind

3. Just reshuffle of current guys

I'm sure it's 3. Which is not thrilling. 

Guessing, Schaffer is VP, Kyle Smith is GM.  Personally, I would like that.

Archived