Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Rivera runs a tight ship. Fantastic defensive mind, teacher, communicator, leader of men, everything we need. Expect the defense to be spitting nails in OTA's and training camp.

I don’t know how much I believe this. He was fired mid season.  I may be a tad emotional, but really want something fresh that doesn’t smell like Snyder.

6 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

This is a weird feeling.  Never in my 42 years of being on this planet have I ever been this excited after a Dallas lose.  

I'm optimistic. I approach this not from a place of "What do I want?" But more of "What do the Washington Redskins lack?"

First thing is that we are a soft football team full of coaches who seem to not be able to get the best out of the talent they have, or develop it.

I believe he can fix that. Every other bad thing about this organization may still prove true in the end, but it doesn't mean the man cannot win football games here. He can do that.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If true, this kind of blows up the narrative that was prevalent all season that the Redskins were such a dumpster fire that they could never hire a quality coach or a coach with any other options.

1 minute ago, Makaveli said:

I don't know that Rivera rates Parcel's level control of the roster. This part concerns me.

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

If true, this kind of blows up the narrative that was prevalent all season that the Redskins were such a dumpster fire that they could never hire a quality coach or a coach with any other options.

I don't know that Rivera rates Parcel's level control of the roster. This part concerns me.

I am not concerned. Once he saw we lost today he was RUNNING up to Ashburn for that 2nd pick and Chase Young. He has to be salivating at the young defensive players we have already. Add Young and his 4-3 attacking defense and you might have something special here.

Ok, so Trevor M. and BMitch actually made a good point on pregame which JP repeated.  Order doesn’t matter except you want to hire the person who has power first.

So, In this scenario, Eric Schaffer gets elevated, they hire Ron, and Ron has the power.  They roll with the current scouting department through the draft, and then they make a final determination on who the future GM will be, whether that’s an internal promotion of Kyle Smith, or they bring in somebody new.

Hiring a GM now is problematic because of where we are in draft season and teams don’t want their scouting to go to another organization

But if this scenario holds true, then Ron is the guy with the power.  He probably works for a Eric, and they decide the G.M., who would also work for Eric later

It wouldn’t be that bad of a scenario.

Archived