Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

8 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

But football field? stay away from it.

I disagree here, in this instance. There was no reason for Dwayne to return. And to me, it doesn't sound like Dan mandated anything. It sounds like he advised Haskins not to go back in the game and to listen to the doctors advice. There is nothing wrong with that.

And if Callahan has an issue with that, he needs to go to Snyder and hash it out. Though, I suspect he wouldn't in this circumstance.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay on today.  He said slam dunk Callahan won't be the HC next year.  He thinks Bruce is out but it's not slam dunk. 

Hopefully a Dallas whooping in Texas will be enough to out Bruce too.

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You know, SIP.  If Dan wants to continue destroying his business than so be it.  The fans have spoken!  Simple as that.  Thank you for all your work in posting the tweets.  I truly appreciate your effort and may I say you so a fine job.  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, my friend and keep em' coming.  :) 

Another note, I think that all of us will know ALOT more come Black Monday a week from today or soon there after. 

4 hours ago, Xameil said:

Ok...I lied...wasting more bandwidth...

It's the Dr.s call...not the coaches. Snyder was just making sure that the Dr's advice was followed.

After all the **** that has happened in the past regarding our medical staff...perhaps Snyder was trying to avoid another issue of a player ignoring and then blaming the medical staff.

After the GB incident where Callahan should have taken Haskins out of the game, or the RG3 experiment during Playoffs, I can understand Dan being concerned. And it even seems Bill wasn't aware of much regarding the injury according to his presser. Meaning that medical staff didn't reported much to him.

That's first the docs call, obviously, but if the player doesn't want to follow it, it's up to the coach to tell him to sit.

And well not blaming the medical staff, according to them Haskins wasn't that badly injured to finish the game against GB while he was clearly limping... And if that's what Dans want to prevent, OK fine. but he should have fired them after the Green Bay game.

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

I disagree here, in this instance. There was no reason for Dwayne to return. And to me, it doesn't sound like Dan mandated anything. It sounds like he advised Haskins not to go back in the game and to listen to the doctors advice. There is nothing wrong with that.

And if Callahan has an issue with that, he needs to go to Snyder and hash it out. Though, I suspect he wouldn't in this circumstance.

I don't see Callahan going against Dan at all.

Do you think Dan gave the same advice to Moses?

I'm in the minority, but I think Dan knows exactly what he needs to do, and is going to do, and he's not telling anybody.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if the day after the season a bombshell dropped with a big name HC/EVP of Football ops, and Bruce announces his retirement at the same time. But they can't do that while Callahan is still in place. (Nor should they, nor should they let it leak.)

Dan is very secretive when he wants to be, and can make deals happen quietly.  It's the one transferable skill he has from how he built Snyder Communications.  Snyder Communications grew rapidly based on deals and acquisitions.  Dan knows how to make a deal. He doesn't know how to pick a GM.  But he can make a deal.  

I just don't see any world where he thinks a now 3-12 team is close, no matter what Bruce is whispering in his ear. I take serious issue with narrative Snyder is stupid, or dumb.  He's not. He's a smart guy.  He's EXTRAORDINARILY bad at building an organization and hiring the right people.  That doesn't make him stupid.  NOBODY lucks into being a billionaire, unless you're literally born into it like the royal family. Snyder was not. 

He is a terrible owner.  But he's not stupid.  He absolutely knows what is effecting his bottom line, he knows what his customers want, and he knows that they are not coming back unless there is real change accompanied by winning. He is also smart enough to know that the team hasn't won jack-squat in the last 10 years, and that Bruce had a part in that.   He knows these things. 

Everything is speculation, because ONLY Dan knows what he wants to do, and he hasn't told anybody.  So people are reading tea leaves trying to figure it out.  Keim saying Bruce doesn't know what Dan has decided makes complete and total sense because there is no way Dan is going to tell Bruce the plan if he's not involved in it.

Actually, the fact Bruce doesn't know if positive.  If Bruce knew, it would only be that he was back.  

I think it's a mortal lock Bruce is out.  Retired/Fired. 

The only scenario I can see with him staying is if somehow one of the big names is ok with him staying.  I can't see how that would be the case.  That's it.  

Let me opine on this Dan/Haskins thing.  If QBx is carted off the field, 90% of owners are going to rush to the training room to check on the player.  That probably extends to most starters.  I would be willing to bet all the money in my front left pocket that when Alex went down, Dan went to check on him. I bet Jeffrey Lurie absolutely went to the training room when Wentz has gotten hurt.  Jerry would be in the locker room in a second if something happened to Dak, Zeke, Cooper, etc.  Art Blank went to go check on Ryan when he was hurt in a preseason game.  

Would they all make the trek for a ST player who got hurt on a punt return?  some probably would, others would not.  Dan actually might.  

But it's completely within their rights and responsibilities to go check on a player and see what's up.

It definitely didn't sound like Dan overruled the docs. He probably reinforced to Haskins, "Hey, the docs said you're out.  You're out."  

This might be the most responsible thing Dan Snyder the owner has done with personnel management in a decade.  

IF Dan had overruled the docs, then we could have a discussion about whether that was the right thing to do or not.  But he didn't.  

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I would be willing to bet all the money in my front left pocket that when Alex went down, Dan went to check on him.

Bleh that injury was scary enough for anyone to check because that's human nature and everyone felt for Smith.

Anyway let me guess, you got 0 in your front left pocket right? lol

4 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Bleh that injury was scary enough for anyone to check because that's human nature and everyone felt for Smith.

True. I'm sure Dan has visited other players when they are carted off the field.  It's just not reported.  It's also not a big deal.  

4 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Anyway let me guess, you got 0 in your front left pocket right? lol

Image result for you got me meme

24 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm in the minority, but I think Dan knows exactly what he needs to do, and is going to do, and he's not telling anybody.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if the day after the season a bombshell dropped with a big name HC/EVP of Football ops, and Bruce announces his retirement at the same time. But they can't do that while Callahan is still in place. (Nor should they, nor should they let it leak.)

Dan is very secretive when he wants to be, and can make deals happen quietly.  It's the one transferable skill he has from how he built Snyder Communications.  Snyder Communications grew rapidly based on deals and acquisitions.  Dan knows how to make a deal. He doesn't know how to pick a GM.  But he can make a deal.  

I just don't see any world where he thinks a now 3-12 team is close, no matter what Bruce is whispering in his ear. I take serious issue with narrative Snyder is stupid, or dumb.  He's not. He's a smart guy.  He's EXTRAORDINARILY bad at building an organization and hiring the right people.  That doesn't make him stupid.  NOBODY lucks into being a billionaire, unless you're literally born into it like the royal family. Snyder was not. 

He is a terrible owner.  But he's not stupid.  He absolutely knows what is effecting his bottom line, he knows what his customers want, and he knows that they are not coming back unless there is real change accompanied by winning. He is also smart enough to know that the team hasn't won jack-squat in the last 10 years, and that Bruce had a part in that.   He knows these things. 

Everything is speculation, because ONLY Dan knows what he wants to do, and he hasn't told anybody.  So people are reading tea leaves trying to figure it out.  Keim saying Bruce doesn't know what Dan has decided makes complete and total sense because there is no way Dan is going to tell Bruce the plan if he's not involved in it.

Actually, the fact Bruce doesn't know if positive.  If Bruce knew, it would only be that he was back.  

I think it's a mortal lock Bruce is out.  Retired/Fired. 

The only scenario I can see with him staying is if somehow one of the big names is ok with him staying.  I can't see how that would be the case.  That's it.  

I sure hope you are right about all of this. Any GM of a franchise that holds the #2 draft pick in a 32 team league, and thinks the team is "close" is just insulting everyone he talks to. Hopefully Dan sees this, or maybe his wife does and rides him over how embarrassing the franchise has become. I'd love to hear what she thinks. 

I think Dan will go big in name and big in pay for the next head coach. I believe it will be Urban Meyer and that he gets a deal bigger than what Jon Gruden got in Oakland. His back is against the wall and he really has no choice unless as Ric Snyder says, "he just doesn't care". 

After another ugly season, have Redskins lost a generation?

...But 12 of the 14 least-attended games in FedEx Field history happened in 2018 and 2019. This year’s low was 56,426 showing up to see Washington face the New York Jets. And in keeping with a theme that permeated the entire season, there was more Giants blue than burgundy and gold in the lower bowl Sunday.

Public relations executive Dan Drummond, a lifelong Redskins fan, said decades of losing have damaged the relationship between the team and fans of all ages.

“I just don’t think it’s because of fantasy football, I don’t think it’s because of ‘Madden.’ I think it’s because you don’t have parents or grandparents who are as invested,” Mr. Drummond said. “And because of that, you’re going to lose a generation.”

The former Fairfax City Council member said the Redskins will always be his team — but that didn’t stop him from a road trip to Baltimore earlier this season with one of his boys to see the Ravens and Lamar Jackson, the NFL’s likely 2019 MVP.

He called the atmosphere at M&T Bank Stadium electric.

“This (FedEx Field) has probably got to be the worst stadium in the NFL,” Mr. Drummond said. “It doesn’t have any sort of ambiance at all. Somebody described it to me as, basically, it’s a parking lot with a stadium in the middle of it.”

...Most of the decline has come in just the last two seasons alone. In 2018 the Redskins only filled 74.4% of their seats over eight home games, the worst mark in the NFL, and this year they filled 79.9% of capacity, according to ESPN’s data.

...Mr. Allen, a longtime NFL executive and the son of legendary Redskins coach George Allen, has become the focal point of much of the criticism directed at the team in his 10 years with the franchise, including his offseason handling of holdout Trent Williams.

Mr. Allen publicly downplayed Williams’ grievance with the team, predicting the All-Pro left tackle would eventually be back on the field as a Redskin.

Instead, Williams skipped training camp and games until the team placed him on the nonfootball injury list.

Marty Conway, an adjunct professor of sports and business at Georgetown University, doesn’t see it as a question of whether the Redskins have lost a generation of fans. But he characterized their problems as “poison in the marketplace.”

...Now what?

If Mr. Conway were consulting Washington’s front office, he would give executives two key pieces of advice. For one, he said fans these days expect transparency from their owners or senior executive teams.

Mr. Snyder has stepped back from public view over the years and rarely conducts press conferences. For a contrast, Mr. Conway pointed to Mr. Leonsis — someone visible in the community, at charitable foundation events and on social media.

Mr. Conway also brought up the 22-year-old stadium in Landover, Maryland, which is one of the 10 oldest stadiums in the NFL and offers little in the surrounding area to do before or after games.

“Clearly the current FedEx Field experience in Landover has run its course,” Mr. Conway said. “It’s not that interesting to people anymore. Short of you being a committed Redskins fan or fan of a visiting team, there’s not a tremendous amount of intrigue or interest in you (going to FedEx Field).”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/dec/23/redskins-offer-little-hope-displeased-fans-home-ga/?preview

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Most of the decline has come in just the last two seasons alone. In 2018 the Redskins only filled 74.4% of their seats over eight home games, the worst mark in the NFL, and this year they filled 79.9% of capacity, according to ESPN’s data.

The numbers are such a joke. The Redskins announced roughly the same attendance for the game yesterday as they did for the previous season's home game against Dallas, which was actually close to a sellout. Difference is last season, under Lafemina, the team was not selling to brokers, and this season they were, and counted tickets sold to brokers in the attendance figures. Unfortunately, the lower prices available on Stubhub did not help due to the horrible start the team got off to.

The team is pretty much stuck out at FedEx until at least the middle of the decade. 

Great posts @Voice_of_Reason. Totally agree.

When you wind up picking middle of the first round as a middle of the pack team, excuses can be found.

Not this year. ****ing hell we're likely picking #2 are are firmly entrenched with the bottom dwellers of the NFL. It is an almost full on fan revolt. Add in the TW situation this season and the impact that Bruce's rep is going to have on player retainment and recruitment going forward. 

I strongly believe Dan is twisting the knife already and Bruce will be jettisoned, being offered what appears as a amicable parting of ways initially.

Archived