Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Here's my Christmas wishes for the Redskins organization:

1. Get rid of Bruce Allen by any means necessary: I think we know the reasons why and the methods that it can be done. Allen is Dan Snyder's "Linus" from the famed Peanuts. 

LinusBlanket

His personal security blanket. His drinking buddy. His golfing pal. His confidant. 

It doesn't matter. Your friend has ruined your business. In every way.  The only reason Allen still has a job is because he is your amigo. That's it. Cut the cord. Snyder and Vinny Cerrato were close friends at one point and they haven't talked more than a couple of times over the last ten years. I don't believe that helps the cause. 

2. Promote Kyle Smith: The Redskins college scouting director has done a more than fine job over the last two years running the draft and long before that as the Redskins top college scout, working the most important region, the Southeast. 

General Manager? Fine. Vice President of Player Personnel? Fine. If Bruce Allen is still the president -- less than fine but maybe you avoid losing Smith to another organization. 

He's still under contract until June of 2021, finally signing his rollover contract months after Doug Williams and Alex Santos did. Why? He has to know that his future is bright elsewhere and restricted here. 

He could have the No. 2 pick to work with. 

3. Do not hire a crony of Allen's: Anybody that has any kind of philosophical allegiance to Allen should never be hired or promoted. Period. 

13 minutes ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

Hey, maybe Alex Smith will help fill Dan's BFF need. He's been seen buddying with him in the owners suite and what not. And it's been reported that Alex has been with Dan in those hours long meetings after games - without Bruce.

That is a freaking expensive buddy because he doesn't do anything on the field for that money 😂

I was thinking as for dumping Bruce, it would expose the one thing I wonder the most about the Bruce-Dan dynamic.  That is, Dan's cheapness.  People used to say he'd spare no expense.  I thought some of that was hyperbole because Dan wasn't spending big on everything but it was true to some extent on some things. 

Under Vinny, they'd overspend at least for some things including FA's, assistant coaches, etc.  Under Bruce that's gone out the window.  Jay you'd take Haslett and the whole coaching staff from the get go so we don't have to eat their salaries -- great -- you had me at hello! You are hired!   Stuff like that.

I was listening to Mike Lombardi talk recently about when he was with the Raiders he signed a dude as an un-drafted free agent and at the time he gave more money than teams typically do to secure the dude, if i recall he said it was $10,000.  And Bruce came up to him afterwards deploring the signing and saying how he's wasting Al Davis' money.  I forgot the player at hand but whomever it was Lombardi said he ended up being a good one.

You get these stories about Bruce's penny punching at both clubs he was at before he coming here.   How he was fighting Jake Plummer's agent to get every penny he can back.  The whole drill that Joel Corry explained when his client and how that holdout modeled what went down with Trent.   

I wonder if he's the dude egging Dan to transform himself to being super cheap or is it Dan just being cash poor and oblivious like he is on just about everything else.  Bruce leaving would answer that question for me.  Everything Bruce does is on Dan so he's the dude being cheap.  But I wonder if having a dude who isn't a sheapskate like Bruce whispering in his ear will have any influence on him spending money?

I think one of the weird things about Dan is some still defend him on one count by saying the dude is willing to spend whatever it takes.  To me that point is so passe.  Old school Dan would overspend on some front and spend the money foolishly.  New school Dan I think if anything is considered cheap.  I recall Lanconfora talking 2 years or so ago about hiring front office people and saying the word around the league is the Redskins don't pay what most other teams do when it comes to luring hot personnel people. 

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I wonder if he's the dude egging Dan to transform himself to being super cheap or is it Dan just being cash poor and oblivious like he is on just about everything else.  Bruce leaving would answer that question for me.  Everything Bruce does is on Dan so he's the dude being cheap.  But I wonder if having a dude who isn't a sheapskate like Bruce whispering in his ear will have any influence on him spending money?

I was wondering lately, what other business do Dan Snyder actually runs besides Redskins.

Trying to figuring this out, I've reached the point that he's running 0 business besides Redskins right now since he sold all his other investment that weren't bankrupt right?

3 hours ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

Hey, maybe Alex Smith will help fill Dan's BFF need. He's been seen buddying with him in the owners suite and what not. And it's been reported that Alex has been with Dan in those hours long meetings after games - without Bruce.

Anybody but the brucifer!!

29 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I was wondering lately, what other business do Dan Snyder actually runs besides Redskins.

Trying to figuring this out, I've reached the point that he's running 0 business besides Redskins right now since he sold all his other investment that weren't bankrupt right?

Not sure but from what I've paid attention to he's pretty much failed at all or most of them since buying the team except I think Dick Clark Productions?  

https://slate.com/culture/2010/05/washington-redskins-owner-dan-snyder-s-amusing-failure-at-six-flags.html

But then the coaster started rolling downhill. As of last week’s settlement, those shares are essentially worthless—SIXFQ was trading at 1.7 cents this morning, and it’s trending toward zero.

Snyder’s run atop Six Flags was a debacle from the start. His shtick was much the same as he’d used with the Redskins, where he put a price tag on anything without one (charging admission to training camp) or added a bigger number to everything with one (quadrupling parking fees in a decade). While his NFL squad’s bottom line only got blacker, Snyder’s schemes didn’t play so well at the playgrounds.

Just as he’d done at FedEx Field (which was called Jack Kent Cooke Stadium before Snyder sold the naming rights for $7.6 million per year through 2025), Snyder inflated the parking rates at Six Flags lots all over the country. The inflation was a boon to owners of retail and storage businesses near Six Flags New England in Agawam, Mass., which began offering spots on their property for $10—the rate charged by Six Flags before Snyder jacked the cost of parking to as high as $30. In 2007, Snyder sent Shapiro, his handpicked CEO, to lobby the Agawam mayor and the town council into banning visitors from parking at the non-Six Flags-owned lots. Shapiro testified at a public hearing that it was unsafe for pedestrians to walk to Six Flags from anywhere but its own lots. The local politicians banned the satellite lots after Shapiro’s appearance.

But then Michael Palazzi, who had been making money off Six Flags’ park-and-walk customers as owner of South Agawam Storage, informed the council that Snyder had concocted an identically phony argument to prevent pedestrian traffic to FedEx Field. (Full disclosure: Palazzi learned about Snyder’s FedEx Field ban from an article I’d written about it for Washington City Paper.) The stadium ban was tossed out in 2004 when a Prince George’s County, Md., judge ruled that Redskins management had invented the safety issue to force ticketholders to pay Snyder’s tops-in-the-league parking fees. 

Daniel Snyder is a money grubbing flunky with no real business sense.   It’s amazing how he has had to rIse the price on everything to cover his mental ineptness and bad decisions.

What I wanted for Christmas was for Daniel Snyder to sell our team so my Redskins can start winning again.

Which they will never do as long as DAN and his girl friend Spruce Allen are running our team into the trash can.

Been a skins fan since age 12 in 1972.

I’ve stopped watching the Redskins 8 years ago because the product is so bad.

As long Synder is the owner,  I’ll continue to watch my second favorite team, the Patriots.  They have a real Business  owner and a valid  management team.    The product they put on the field as a real football team.

Something for the Redskins will not happen as long as our team is owned by Daniel Snyder and run by Spruce Allen.

8 minutes ago, THE#1SkinFAN said:

As long Synder is the owner,  I’ll continue to watch my second favorite team, the Patriots.  They have a real Business  owner and a valid  management team.    The product they put on the field as a real football team.

Well, then you should get ready for a huge dive in a few weeks. Or at best at the end of next year when Bill and Tom will retire at the same time.

The NFL and sports in general is a “good ole boys” club with ownership and coaches continually hiring the same coaches over and over again despite their many failures.

It is annoying as **** and I imagine very frustrating for those trying to get in. If Allen remains, he’ll just hire someone he knows. Another incompetent fool probably.

28 minutes ago, THE#1SkinFAN said:

Yes I can,  you can only take so much frustration and heart ache before self preservation kicks in.  I still follow them, but I don’t try to watch every game or buy new gear.

The my Redskins are super ceded in badness only by the Cincinnati Bungals for the worst team in the NFL.

Just remember when the Skins had their dual threat elite QB and waaay ahead the curve they were title contenders. Hope for elite QB play from Haskins and a few years of joy might surface. 

28 minutes ago, THE#1SkinFAN said:

Yes I can,  you can only take so much frustration and heart ache before self preservation kicks in.  I still follow them, but I don’t try to watch every game or buy new gear.

The my Redskins are super ceded in badness only by the Cincinnati Bungals for the worst team in the NFL.

Sooo...may I suggest:

THE#1DisgruntledSkinsFAN

THEFANFormerlyKnownAs#1

JUSTAFANNow****ThisTeam

Bert

46 minutes ago, THE#1SkinFAN said:

My Redskins are superceded in badness only by the Cincinnati Bungals for the worst team in the NFL.

Yes you can or yes you do?..big difference 

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Sooo...may I suggest:

THE#1DisgruntledSkinsFAN

THEFANFormerlyKnownAs#1

JUSTAFANNow****ThisTeam

Bert

Meanwhile Cali pretends that the Redskins aren't the new Browns because he's dangled from Bruce's jock for most of the decade. :headbang:

Archived