Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

6 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Well....maybe since the TW fiasco he has...who knows. 

I'm not at Redskins park to say one way or the other...are you?

Unfortunately, i don't need to be there.  I've watched the product of his leadership for most of my adult life and it's evident he isn't Steve Jobs lol!!!

31 minutes ago, TK said:

Here's the thing. IF Dan doesn't get rid of him, they're going to start losing players in FA. Trent's not the only one that wants out with Bruce here. Scherff won't resign if Bruce is here either. So you can almost bet that Bruce will pull the ol "Kurt/ 2 year double tag" on him.

Which is sheer stupidity!  Snyder needs counseling if he's having issues with moving on from a so called VP of his team that is flushing it down the toilet.  Sad that fans can see this but a Billionaire can't.

1 hour ago, emoore0222 said:

Does he do that when every player is injured???  If not, it sounds like he is still befriending certain players.  This is exactly what happened during the RGIII and Shanahan debacle.  

I mean...if this really happened organically in the locker room bc he was checking on his franchise QB, I can't be as mad at it.

You think Kraft makes his way to the locker room if Brady goes down and is carted off? Yeah. You think he does the same if their 3rd string OG gets carted to the locker room? No. 

And listen I HATE defending Snyder here and if this was a phone call to the sideline or something, I'm pissed too.

If it happened organically, he just checked on his QB in the locker room, heard him gearing up to go back in no matter what, and advised him to listen to the medical staff...idk, that seems uncharacteristically innocent. 

But maybe you guys are right and it's bad no matter what. I'm open to that. 

1 hour ago, emoore0222 said:

Does he do that when every player is injured???  If not, it sounds like he is still befriending certain players.  This is exactly what happened during the RGIII and Shanahan debacle.  

According to Fred Smoot on 980 tonight, he does do stuff like that to many players.

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Imagine living your life like this...feeling this entitled at 30 years old.

Meanwhile, the sports junkies just booked a $50k trip to Macau.

A guy's "entitled" because he voices/exhibits a strong opinion on the long pathetic state of his favorite team and targets the main person responsible for it? Utter nonsense. I love this guy. He should show up at every game and every public Redskin event wearing and carrying exactly this. "Entitled" would describe the Philly fans, two years removed from a Super Bowl and booing their team. Has nothing to do with what's going on with this long-suffering fan base. The whole notion that it does is like some sort of twisted version of Stockholm Syndrome. 

1 minute ago, Dissident2 said:

A guy's "entitled" because he voices/exhibits a strong opinion on the long pathetic state of his favorite team and targets the main person responsible for it? Utter nonsense. I love this guy. He should show up at every game and every public Redskin event wearing and carrying exactly this. "Entitled" would describe the Philly fans, two years removed from a Super Bowl and booing their team. Has nothing to do with what's going on with this long-suffering fan base. The whole notion that it does is like some sort of twisted version of Stockholm Syndrome. 

Pathetic.  Your weakness is no virtue.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Nah, what's pathetic and weak here is your incessant defense of the worst owner in all professional sports while simultaneously criticizing the fan base he's been sodomizing for the last 20 years. Takes a special kind of "pathetic" and "weak" to take those stances. That's gold medal "pathetic" and "weak." Congrats!  

1 minute ago, Dissident2 said:

Nah, what's pathetic and weak here is your incessant defense of the worst owner in all professional sports while simultaneously criticizing the fan base he's been sodomizing for the last 20 years. Takes a special kind of "pathetic" and "weak" to take those stances. That's gold medal "pathetic" and "weak." Congrats!  

Wear your paper bag!!

Wear it for the rest of your life...”fan”.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Imagine living your life like this...feeling this entitled at 30 years old.

Meanwhile, the sports junkies just booked a $50k trip to Macau.

I hope your whole thing is just lame homer schtick to get a reaction. If it's real you're a misguided stooge at a level that is historic. 

I dont have an issue with Dan speaking to Haskins and offering advice to listen to the medical staff. It would be an issue if Dan was overruling the medical staff.

Either way, Dan probably didn't trust grandpa Callahan and his crew to look after Haskins. 

Although history dictate otherwise, I am confident Dan is about to clear the decks starting with Bruce. It will be dressed up to look amicable, but Bruce is done in my opinion. 

27 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Then he should have told Bruce to fire Callahan post GB.

Nah, I actually think that Dan is going to ship them out, basically at the minute he's just leaving them at the helm so that we can limp home until the end of the season. Bruce and Callahan are dead men walking. 

9 hours ago, emoore0222 said:

Unfortunately, i don't need to be there.  I've watched the product of his leadership for most of my adult life and it's evident he isn't Steve Jobs lol!!!

I think the point you miss in your amazingly informed opinion is that Dan caring for players has never been a problem. 

A good example of that would be if Dan was a **** to most players then TW would have called him out in his ranting. He didn't. 

I actually take this as a good thing...shows hes learned from past mistakes (RGIII).

I have no idea what it's like now and how he interferes, and how much he does. My only point here is he was asking a player..a young and it seems a very good player who could help out the team in the long run.

In my opinion, the doctors should always get final say and they can overrule a coach. 

9 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I think the point you miss in your amazingly informed opinion is that Dan caring for players has never been a problem. 

A good example of that would be if Dan was a **** to most players then TW would have called him out in his ranting. He didn't. 

I actually take this as a good thing...shows hes learned from past mistakes (RGIII).

I have no idea what it's like now and how he interferes, and how much he does. My only point here is he was asking a player..a young and it seems a very good player who could help out the team in the long run.

In my opinion, the doctors should always get final say and they can overrule a coach. 

It actually shows he hasn't evolved since RG3. He went from buddying with RG3 to buddying with Haskins, until he finds a new toy QB to befriend with.

There's a Doc. Doc said Haskins shouldn't come back.

Doc should tell the HC and HC should ride with it.

And if the player doesn't want to agree, it's up to the coach to take any disciplinary actions he wants. Every player wants to play. But that's not up to them, that's up to the Medical staff. That's up to the coaches. And that's not up to the owner because owners don't know football.

At no point does Dan need to interfere in this process. He should just stay in the owner's box.

The fact he needs to go down and tell the player what to do, just show he hasn't improved at all.

It doesn't matter if Dan was right or not, that's something he shouldn't do. It's about how he acts.

We've had rumours of coaches being fed up last year with Bruce telling them who to play or not. That goes in the same line of thinking than last year. It's more about principle than anything here. Doesn't matter what was the advice. Doesn't matter if he was right or not. He shouldn't do it and let the process flow. And if he disagrees with the decisions taken, then he have the absolute power to fire everyone he wants and I'd be fine with that.

Doing elseway is discrediting either the medical staff, the coaches, or both. And that sets up for some damn good culture...

28 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

At no point does Dan need to interfere in this process. He should just stay in the owner's box.

I think there is a complete over reaction to this situation. Haskins clarified the comment and put it in the appropriate context. 

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

It actually shows he hasn't evolved since RG3. He went from buddying with RG3 to buddying with Haskins, until he finds a new toy QB to befriend with.

There's a Doc. Doc said Haskins shouldn't come back.

Doc should tell the HC and HC should ride with it.

And if the player doesn't want to agree, it's up to the coach to take any disciplinary actions he wants. Every player wants to play. But that's not up to them, that's up to the Medical staff. That's up to the coaches. And that's not up to the owner because owners don't know football.

The fact he needs to go down and tell the player what to do, just show he hasn't improved at all.

It doesn't matter if Dan was right or not, that's something he shouldn't do. It's about how he acts.

We've had rumours of coaches being fed up last year with Bruce telling them who to play or not. That goes in the same line of thinking than last year. It's more about principle than anything here. Doesn't matter what was the advice. Doesn't matter if he was right or not. He shouldn't do it and let the process flow. And if he disagrees with the decisions taken, then he have the absolute power to fire everyone he wants and I'd be fine with that.

Doing elseway is discrediting either the medical staff, the coaches, or both. And that sets up for some damn good culture...

Listen....I'm not gonna waste anymore bandwidth on this. I honestly respect alot of what you say, but you are off on this. You have no idea what happened behind the scenes and dont pretend that you do...lord knows I'm not. I'm going with facts.

Fact: Dr said for Haskins not to go in

Snyder tells Haskins to listen to the Dr.

We have no idea where Callahan fits into this. Was he informed? Was he going to put Haskins in anyways? Was Haskins just gonna say **** you to the Dr and go in?

I have no answers to any of that. If you can provide me with actual facts that Snyder did something completely nefarious in this I will change my opinion on this matter. If not, then i will keep my Snyder sneers to issues relating to Bruce Allen and trying to sell old crappy beer...and new crappy beer for that matter.

There is soooooooo much to criticize Snyder for..but this is just blind hatred coming through on this issue.

11 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

11 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

This level of fan cannibalism is what what drove me away from wanting to do a protest anymore.  I didnt know what I was trying to save anymore.  

34 minutes ago, Xameil said:

We have no idea where Callahan fits into this. Was he informed? Was he going to put Haskins in anyways? Was Haskins just gonna say **** you to the Dr and go in?

See, that's where the problem is, in a normal operating NFL team, that's Callahan's call. Nobody else.

Seems you got no problem with Dan meddling with the football operating stuff. Fine with that...

36 minutes ago, Xameil said:

There is soooooooo much to criticize Snyder for..but this is just blind hatred coming through on this issue.

blind hatred? Not even close. I'm one of the only ones around here that defends Snyder on having an input on lots of things on the team. Regarding, GM, President, Team colors, even FA players to sign or not if they don't fit what he wants to do with the team (IE: forbids from signing players with off-the-field issues), even drafting (see previous). That's because he's the owner and that is up to him.

But football field? stay away from it.

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

See, that's where the problem is, in a normal operating NFL team, that's Callahan's call. Nobody else.

Seems you got no problem with Dan meddling with the football operating stuff. Fine with that...

Ok...I lied...wasting more bandwidth...

It's the Dr.s call...not the coaches. Snyder was just making sure that the Dr's advice was followed.

After all the **** that has happened in the past regarding our medical staff...perhaps Snyder was trying to avoid another issue of a player ignoring and then blaming the medical staff.

Archived