Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Keim just on.  Says he doesn't have a strong feel on Bruce coming back (that's a change from him a couple of weeks ago where his feeling was he's gone).  He could be gone, back, or reassigned.  He said he believes Bruce doesn't know either.

He goes even though Bruce in theory is a detriment to get coaches but some people over there are confident that they can still get a big coach with Bruce in the building because they are willing to overpay for their targets.

Some dude posing as Bruce on twitter now

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim just on.  Says he doesn't have a strong feel on Bruce coming back (that's a change from him a couple of weeks ago where his feeling was he's gone).  He could be gone, back, or reassigned.  He said he believes Bruce doesn't know either.

He goes even though Bruce in theory is a detriment to get coaches but some people over there are confident that they can still get a big coach with Bruce in the building because they are willing to overpay for their targets.

Some dude posing as Bruce on twitter now

I have never seen tweets like that with so few likes or responses. 

I've come to the conclusion that nobody knows what Papa Smurf is going to do, the guy has no media members that he will leak his next move to. Let's be patient and if bruce is in Ashburn next Tuesday we will know for sure our owner no longer cares about his football team. 

17 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm in the minority, but I think Dan knows exactly what he needs to do, and is going to do, and he's not telling anybody.

If this is actually true, then explain the fact that he's still about 2 decades late figuring it out!

I think what you mean is that Dan has figured out his next marketing stunt that will fool at least the dumber half of the fanbase.

That's not quite close to what he needs to do though.

18 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I've come to the conclusion that nobody knows what Papa Smurf is going to do, the guy has no media members that he will leak his next move to. Let's be patient and if bruce is in Ashburn next Tuesday we will know for sure our owner no longer cares about his football team. 

Yeah in their defense they all accede that its hard to predict Dan for 2 reasons.  A.  Dan doesn't talk to many people.  B.  Dan changes his mind a lot so Monday might be one thing, Tuesday might be the other.  There is some underpinning of pessimism about Bruce leaving that's just driven by supposedly no one knows how to play to Dan's emotions and manage them to his own benefit like Bruce.  And Dan really really digs Bruce personally.  The BFF stuff isn't overstated. 

If I had to take a stab at this, combining Russell's and Keim's and D. Hall's narrative -- Dan doesn't want to remove Bruce.   He genuinely doesn't believe he or Bruce have mismanaged squat.  In other words, he hasn't learned a thing.  He does get that he needs to something to give a jolt with his fans.  He'd love to fool everyone with some cosmetic but meaningless change like giving Doug some new title, adding D. Hall or whomever, and giving Bruce some new title but he'd still be in charge along with himself.  

I do think in spite of Dan's typical idiotic impulses -- that Bruce ends up going anyway.  I think it's going to be the sexy new coaching hire he pursues making it a deal breaker.  Will see.  Based on what Keim said it gives the vibe that they might try to push Bruce on their targets by hoping that money will push them to overlook it -- I doubt they win that battle unless they decide to fish purely in the B pool, dudes like Bowles.  

11 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

If this is actually true, then explain the fact that he's still about 2 decades late figuring it out!

I think what you mean is that Dan has figured out his next marketing stunt that will fool at least the dumber half of the fanbase.

That's not quite close to what he needs to do though.

The sad thing about Dan is I am not even sure he has the marketing part figure out anymore either.  That's old school Dan.   The new school, "older-wiser" Dan seems lost on all fronts.    He IMO is blowing things marketing wise that I think the typical 5 year old can spot. 

But I do agree if there is a trick up his bag it would be marketing driven as opposed to anything real.   It wouldn't shock me if he pulls himself out of the doldrums on the marketing scale but I'd say in recent years the dude is as lost on marketing as he is on running a football team. 

10 hours ago, hail2skins said:

The numbers are such a joke. The Redskins announced roughly the same attendance for the game yesterday as they did for the previous season's home game against Dallas, which was actually close to a sellout. Difference is last season, under Lafemina, the team was not selling to brokers, and this season they were, and counted tickets sold to brokers in the attendance figures. Unfortunately, the lower prices available on Stubhub did not help due to the horrible start the team got off to.

The team is pretty much stuck out at FedEx until at least the middle of the decade. 

LOL there is NO CHANCE that there were 56k people at FedEx for that game.  Not even half of that probably.  

19 minutes ago, profusion said:

Bruce is not really the problem; Dan is. Bruce is, however, a litmus test of whether any sense has penetrated Dan's skull.

Yea but how cool does Dan look when he walks on the field with his redskins sweatshirt and hat with those really cool sunglasses. If you look real close you see this sweet redskins belt buckle. He is just looks like the man! When I see him on the field I just feel the need to throw my jersey and redskins hat on!

1 minute ago, Gibbs828791 said:

26 minutes ago, profusion said:

Bruce is not really the problem; Dan is. Bruce is, however, a litmus test of whether any sense has penetrated Dan's skull.

I agree that Dan is the problem.  I do think Bruce is a problem, too in his own way.  But I absolutely believe that Bruce is a litmus test.

The thing is I actually think Dan's gotten worse not better over the years because old school Dan at least had a little inkling for fan sentiment and would try to pander to it from time to time.  He'd do it in a clunky-misguided way but at least it was part of the mindset.

The analogy I like to use here would be old school Dan would be captaining a ship heading to the iceberg and would ultimately veer off but then hit another iceberg.  But at least the dude would have the instinct to veer off but he was too incompetent and dense not to ultimately hit the next iceberg.

This new version of Dan seems headed to the iceberg and if anything steps it up to crash right into it.  It's wild to watch.  

A third grader could figure out at least how to placate fans for the moment.   It's not rocket science.  But Dan is either lost or he has decided he doesn't give a hoot about marketing the team and will crash the team in the ugliest way possible.

My guess though is the new head coach, whomever that is, forces Dan to make the move he supposedly really doesn't want to make. 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

All I can think after reading this is, "****. **** **** **** **** **** **** ****.  Nothing is going to change."  Just a gut response, no thinking it through, but if Keim is saying that the odds are doing anything but increasing that Bruce leaves, then it's the ultimate kick in the gut.

38 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

All I can think after reading this is, "****. **** **** **** **** **** **** ****.  Nothing is going to change."  Just a gut response, no thinking it through, but if Keim is saying that the odds are doing anything but increasing that Bruce leaves, then it's the ultimate kick in the gut.

All to save his relationship with his BFF.......unbelievable, sad and even laughable at times. To even have to think about whether to fire Bruce or not says everything we need to know 

Bruce is not going to be fired. That should be crystal clear by now. Dan either loves him too much, or Bruce simply knows way too much about Dan for Dan to risk "shaming" the guy and the Allen legacy, a legacy that's second only to Gibbs when it comes to the important eras of the team. 

The best we can hope for at this point is that Bruce "gracefully" retires. Having him moved into some "non-football" position in the front office accomplishes next to nothing. But he's not getting fired. 

57 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I've posted this before but will for one last time. :)  I think we know a lot more and the fate of Allen and Co. (HC etc.) after the Dallas game on or after Monday.  

Agree.  But we are "extreme" so until then all we can do is speculate.  😀  Most say whatever happens goes down after the season.  Finlay thinks if something goes down it maybe happens this Friday.  Will see.

It seems like the one thing every beat guy agrees on is that Dan will at least attempt to show changes in the FO.  The question is will it purely be cosmetic BS or real.  Bruce goes or is reassigned?  I just listened to Keim's podcast and in it he said that if Bruce is reassigned he knows some coaching candidates won't come here -- they won't be fooled by it.  

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  But we are "extreme" so until then all we can do is speculate.  😀  Most say whatever happens goes down after the season.  Finlay thinks if something goes down it maybe happens this Friday.  Will see.

It seems like the one thing every beat guy agrees on is that Dan will at least attempt to show changes in the FO.  The question is will it purely be cosmetic BS or real.  Bruce goes or is reassigned?  I just listened to Keim's podcast and in it he said that if Bruce is reassigned he knows some coaching candidates won't come here -- they won't be fooled by it.  

Hopefully, some higher ups and even players, former and active can convince Dan that Allen has had his 10 years to improve the team and it didn't happen and it's time to move on.  

Dan’s Disaster: How the Washington Redskins Plummeted to Rock Bottom

The professional football team in the nation’s capital was the hottest ticket in town for decades. But under Dan Snyder’s ownership, the franchise has lost a lot of games and managed to alienate even some of its most dedicated fans. What made one of most unshakable fandoms in America give up on its team?

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/12/24/21035742/washington-redskins-rock-bottom-dan-snyder

Archived