Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

28 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

According to the report, somebody will be promoted to Director of Player Personnel.  You’d think it’d be either Kyle Smith or Alex Santos. My guess would be Kyle.  He’d then own college and pro personnel.

Question is what happens with Doug. He may be odd man out. 

Huge, huge fan of Doug as a player and dude in general.  Hate the way Bruce/Dan have made him carry their water.

He can go.

1 hour ago, NeverSurrender said:

While Alex Smith has clearly never held any type of front office position, I think he is the type of person you want around.  He has intangibles through the roof.

I get very weary of guys who have intangibles.  Just once I wish we as a franchise had actual tangibles in this organization and some actual tangible wins.

So much nonsense in this thread. It's like watching somebody continually make excuses for a family member everyone else knows shouldn't be allowed to operate motorized equipment.

Well, if Kyle is in this role, and then Alex is over here, and Urban Meyer is the .......

It sounds like a clown car to me.

21 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Bruce/Dan only care about 1st rounders.  Jay took credit for a few guys.  His shining pick was Ionnidis.  

But from reports Kyle/Doug chose who was picked when. There is a story from 2 years ago where Jay fell in love with Trey Quinn (typical under talented, try hard Jay Gruden type of guy) and wanted to pick him in the 5th and Doug got him with the last pick in the draft. 

I would say its much more likely Kyle.  Not Kyle/Doug. 

Pretty much everyone who covers the team has said Doug hasn't taking the lead on evaluations and he's more of a facilitator than anything in that building.    Doug just happens be the dude who spills the stories since he goes on Doc's shows and Kyle talks very little.  So Doug spilled the beans that not everyone agreed on picking Payne 2 years ago.  And he shared the Quinn story among others. 

I'd presume Doug wouldn't voluntarily share stories that make him or anyone look bad in that FO.    

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I’m sure we’ll still hire a coach before we bring in a GM though. It’s laughable the degree to which we always somehow screw up the re-building process. It should be GM -> HC -> QB, so of course we’ll be going QB -> HC -> GM.  Forcing a QB on a coach and forcing a coach on a GM. 

Assuming the rumors are true (and that's a whopper of an assumption) I think this would be a little different than our usual status quo. 

If we do hire meyer then all that talk of him being at the game just for mclaurin would immediately become complete bull****. 

It would be very obvious that this was coordinated, most likely with whomever we promoted within to g.m. and Myers himself. 

And of course haskins was handpicked by meyer so I would highly doubt he'd have a problem with him as his quarterback. 

I don't really have an issue with Smith getting a shot somewhere in this front office. What concerns more is the lack of structure...

If Smith weighs in, Meyer has a say, and they make group decisions all the time with Allen and Williams, then no one every truly sinks or swims on decisions. Accountability is a big deal and this avoids pinning outcomes to any one person. 

I'd almost prefer that someone be given the ultimate authority and final say. That way, each hit and miss is owned by the same person and eventually you can measure if that person is doing a good job. As ready as I am for Allen to leave, it's unfair to say that he "owns" his entire record. Did he make all the decisions when Shanahan was here? I'd rather one guy (even if it's a GM/coach) own the process and sink or swim. 

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

So much nonsense in this thread. It's like watching somebody continually make excuses for a family member everyone else knows shouldn't be allowed to operate motorized equipment.

Well, if Kyle is in this role, and then Alex is over here, and Urban Meyer is the .......

Anything with Bruce as part of the soup would be a clown car to me.  If that's the road they take with Bruce in the mix i can't wait to see how they try to sell-spin it. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Anything with Bruce as part of the soup would be a clown car to me.  If that's the road they take with Bruce in the mix i can't wait to see how they try to sell-spin it. 

nobody is denying that. Anything with Bruce is a failure. Anything that isn't handing the keys to a professional with front office experience to tear everything down to the studs and rebuilding is a failure. 

11 minutes ago, TK said:

Meyer won’t deal with Bruce. 

It may have been bs "leaks" but weren't there multiple coaches saying this?   Players too?  He's the most toxic front office figure I've ever seen.  A possible Urban Meyer signing shouldn't be a deciding factor, the man should be gone already.

13 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Allbright is definitely plugged in more than this 50ShadezMG so I'd go with what he's tweeting.  I was hoping that what this 50ShadezMG was tweeting was true.....Oh well, we wait and see.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Bruce/Dan only care about 1st rounders.  Jay took credit for a few guys.  His shining pick was Ionnidis.  

But from reports Kyle/Doug chose who was picked when. There is a story from 2 years ago where Jay fell in love with Trey Quinn (typical under talented, try hard Jay Gruden type of guy) and wanted to pick him in the 5th and Doug got him with the last pick in the draft. 

Doug? We've never heard a story of Doug having any power in the draft room, never mind actually making decisions and picks. Would that have been kept quiet, really? Even if he was using Kyle Smith's board, they'd have loved to flaunt Doug making the picks as it would give his figurehead BS title some actual weight with the fans who never bought it. 

5 hours ago, A Skinhead in Saints Land said:

The Redskins have leaked too much info the past few years for me to believe they are actually keep the "upcoming decisions" close to the vest.

A lot of that served Bruce's interests. I think he's the source for a ton of the Scotty M., Kirk, Jay and Trent leaks.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Casserly doesn't seem to think that highly about college coaches transition to the NFL. 

Casserly was a failure of a GM. Not just with the Skins. With the Texans too.

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It should be GM -> HC -> QB, so of course we’ll be going QB -> HC -> GM.  Forcing a QB on a coach and forcing a coach on a GM. 

Pretty much this. Regardless of the truthfulness of the rumor, it represents a bad process, so we'd be lucky if the results worked out the way we all hoped.

29 minutes ago, portis26a said:

Allbright is a tool. He has no source..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZRhlWyVDoY

Link above is Urban interview From today.

Allbright is definitely a tool sometimes...he'd also one of THE most plugged in people around today who aren't in the Schefter/Woz god tier. He only shares things he'd pretty certain about and he owns it when he's wrong. Which does of course happen. But he's for real. And he was on Meyer being at least consulted (but not hired as HC) for months before anyone else ever said it. 

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I got the impression from interviews after the draft that Montez Sweat was very much a Gruden pick, he wanted him at #15 when Haskins was taken, then it very much seemed to me we jumped back into the first to get Jay his man.

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

1000% this.  Typical "everyone is stupid except us" mindset. 

They're SO smart they're the ONLY ones who see all this potential in guys who have no qualifications!!!

Would literally ANYONE else even consider a hiring process like this?  No?  Ok.... sure I'll trust you to do the unconventional thing Dan.  You haven't let us down so far.

Keep searching for that one special lottery ticket that will magically undo everything you've gotten wrong the last 20 years.

Alex Smith is the magic solution to our front office problems?  Jesus Christ people, Snyder has truly broken you.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

I get very weary of guys who have intangibles.  Just once I wish we as a franchise had actual tangibles in this organization and some actual tangible wins.

Thats cute but until this organization gets real leaders IE: people with the best intangibles, we are doomed to continue to lose and deep down we all know know that.  We have had talented teams but they all have crumbled under the poor leadership we have had in the last 25 years.

Archived