Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

8 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Which is then a disaster because no one is qualified.  So yeah worry.

Lots of people disagree with you. Kyle Smith is ready to take on more personnel responsibility as GM if that's who is going to work with Rivera. His draft work has been good the last two years and our pro personnel work from others has been poor enough that he deserves a shot at buying all the groceries imo, college and FA. 

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This might not be a case of Rivera having permanent/forever control of the draft. But hey....at least we'll know who to blame. Right?

Exactly. 

Responsibility. Authority. Accountability.  I’m going to write a book about this one day.

You have to give one person the responsibility to do a job.  Then the authority to execute it.  Then you can hold them accountable.  This is basically how every successful organization in the history of the world has operated.

With the Redskins, nobody has any idea who had what responsibility, so nobody could be held accountable.  I think that was completely by design by old Brucifer.

I think we’re going to know now who’s got what responsibility.  The question will be, do they have the authority to execute that responsibility, or will San **** it up?  If the answer is they can do their jobs, then you can hold them accountable.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is pretty much how I read it as well. Not that Rivera is getting some permanent Belichick/Parcells type of deal. 

Exactly.  But SOMEBODY has to have the final say so, so for now it’s Ronny until after this draft then it might change.  

And I can live with that.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Everyone needs to read the replies in that tweet. They are all from Panthers fans. And they have A LOT of respect for Ron:

"His time in Carolina may have been up and a change was needed, but I’d agree he’s a guy for that job. It was best for both sides."

"One who is of high character and knows his football. Ron checks all those boxes and also has some terrific young pieces on defense to start."

"if brings the right coordinators with him he could definitely do some good for that organization in terms of culture, discipline, and stability."

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Lots of people disagree with you. Kyle Smith is ready to take on more personnel responsibility as GM if that's who is going to work with Rivera. His draft work has been good the last two years and our pro personnel work from others has been poor enough that he deserves a shot at buying all the groceries imo, college and FA. 

Who cares who disagrees?  I bet a 1000 people bashed those that said Griffin wasn’t the right guy. They were right now. 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Everyone needs to read the replies in that tweet. They are all from Panthers fans. And they have A LOT of respect for Ron:

"His time in Carolina may have been up and a change was needed, but I’d agree he’s a guy for that job. It was best for both sides."

"One who is of high character and knows his football. Ron checks all those boxes and also has some terrific young pieces on defense to start."

"if brings the right coordinators with him he could definitely do some good for that organization in terms of culture, discipline, and stability."

Didn't Josh Norman play for Ron Rivera? 

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I'm sure Denver fans were showering Mike with praise when he got the gig here and that guy came with rings. This has disaster written all over it per usual. 

16 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I want Kyle Smith to have final say on the draft. 

I think "Final say" is a term thrown around too much. Usually I imagine either the HC/gm think on the same  wavelength or its not going to work anyway.

It would work that way with a gm picking the coach or the coach picking the gm. The only thing that would bother me is strife from within.

As long as there is communication and everyone ultimately let's each other do the job they were paid to do, and decisions are made based on properly researched info done by scouts, I don't have a real problem who has "Final say" ( I mean, I have a hard time believing a relationship that basically consists of [Coach] "This guys on the board,  my staff really likes what he's got and the scouts have a high grade on h...." [GM] " NO! You're picking THIS guy, and you'll LIKE it!" last very long, if they even exist)

I've seen this movie before.

1. A fair amount of skepticism of what's coming.

2. Once announced, the majority will convince themselves that this is all a good plan.

3. We'll get a couple of years of mediocrity out of it.

4. Eventually, most will complain about how stupid this whole set up was and demand Dan do something smarter next time.

5. Back to 1.

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I'm sure Denver fans were showering Mike with praise when he got the gig here and that guy came with rings. This has disaster written all over it per usual. 

It may very well end in disaster. But it cant be any worse than the crap we have gone through for the past decade. 

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

2. Once announced, the majority will convince themselves that this is all a good plan.

4. Eventually, most will complain about how stupid this whole set up was and demand Dan do something smarter next time.

5. Back to 1.

Unless Dan hires another friend as the GM, then no this is not the same script. We are finally attempting to build around our strengths ( defense) with a defensive coach that is widely respected, while possibly promoting deserving young and respected talent from within. This is very much unlike anything here in the past 20 years.

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

5. Back to 1.

Probably so.  The only upside for Dan for sticking with Bruce for this long is he'd successfully put his fan base so deep in the desert that any drop of water feels like champagne. 

6 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

5. Back to 1.

But this time it’s different!

Archived