Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

And this is why I carry a pistol most places I go (where I legally can obviously), even just short runs to Walmart.

*Yes, I am aware this is not a good solution, it's what I do until such time we can actually implement a better solution. 

Edited by The Almighty Buzz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

If Sandy Hook and Uvalde didn't change things, nothing will.  Our country is a moral failure.

After all the campaigning Beto did in Uvalde about unregulated guns, that part of Texas voted R in all cases. Unbelievable.

52 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

3B53BA02-C580-49B5-BEA6-946696DDDF18.jpeg

Love how mom's gun is directly pointed at young man in the red/black checked shirt! They can't even follow basic gun handling safety.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

On average this country sees more than that, about 2 a day:

The Gun Violence Archive has counted at least 606 mass shootings so far this year, through mid-November. Of those shootings, 20 involved five or more fatalities, including the Nov. 22 attack at a Walmart in Chesapeake, Va., and the Nov. 19 shooting at a club in Colorado that left at least five people dead.

A Partial List of Mass Shootings in the United States in 2022

Gun Violence Archive

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Everytime one of these happens, I see more and more situations I and my family could easily find ourselves in. 

Like, we're not outrunning it, it's clearly gaining on us...

Its funny, my friend and I would ALWAYS go to Walmart at that time, she would drive, I'd grab my flask and we would Wal-Mart it up!

2 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Had been reported to Walmart management for behavior issues. Dad has seen him before.

Did you sister work there or something?

Gun control will come, the younger generation will be able to pull it off. The boomers failed the millennials fantastically in this sense and my generation didn't do much better. Gen Z will make it right.

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Its funny, my friend and I would ALWAYS go to Walmart at that time, she would drive, I'd grab my flask and we would Wal-Mart it up!

Did you sister work there or something?

Gun control will come, the younger generation will be able to pull it off. The boomers failed the millennials fantastically in this sense and my generation didn't do much better. Gen Z will make it right.

You realize there are a bunch of Gen Z gun nuts, right? For every kid that wants change, there is a Kyle Rittenhouse. The amount of money funneled from gun rights activists straight to congress far outweighs the money raised to combat the issue. Money talks. 

Gun Rights vs Gun Control • OpenSecrets

• ederal Campaign Contributions,
    1990-2022

Gun rights: $70.2 million
    Gun control: $52.1 million

•  
  • Federal Outside Spending, 2010-2022
    Gun rights: $155.9 million
    Gun control: $50.1 million

•  
  • Federal Lobbying, 1998-2022
    Gun rights: $194.3 million
    Gun control: $29.6 million

Edited by CobraCommander

2 hours ago, The 12th Commandment said:

I'm morbidly curious if time will show there is in fact a threshold somewhere.   

There is a threshold. 

45 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

You realize there are a bunch of Gen Z gun nuts, right? For every kid that wants change, there is a Kyle Rittenhouse. The amount of money funneled from gun rights activists straight to congress far outweighs the money raised to combat the issue. Money talks. 

Gun Rights vs Gun Control • OpenSecrets

• ederal Campaign Contributions,
    1990-2022

Gun rights: $70.2 million
    Gun control: $52.1 million

•  
  • Federal Outside Spending, 2010-2022
    Gun rights: $155.9 million
    Gun control: $50.1 million

•  
  • Federal Lobbying, 1998-2022
    Gun rights: $194.3 million
    Gun control: $29.6 million

How much of that money is from gun manufactures and other related business entities? There are no gun control industries.