Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

21 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

You realize there are a bunch of Gen Z gun nuts, right? For every kid that wants change, there is a Kyle Rittenhouse. The amount of money funneled from gun rights activists straight to congress far outweighs the money raised to combat the issue. Money talks. 

Gun Rights vs Gun Control • OpenSecrets

• ederal Campaign Contributions,
    1990-2022

Gun rights: $70.2 million
    Gun control: $52.1 million

•  
  • Federal Outside Spending, 2010-2022
    Gun rights: $155.9 million
    Gun control: $50.1 million

•  
  • Federal Lobbying, 1998-2022
    Gun rights: $194.3 million
    Gun control: $29.6 million

I'm going to have to disagree. Rittenhouse is the anomaly, even among the GOP. Yeah, they may cheer him on, but they won't actually do it. Gun control has only gotten more popular with each generation, money may postpone it, but it won't stop it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I'm going to have to disagree. Rittenhouse is the anomaly, even among the GOP. Yeah, they may cheer him on, but they won't actually do it. Gun control has only gotten more popular with each generation, money may postpone it, but it won't stop it.

Maybe it's the cynic in me but I haven-laws in Evansville, Indiana and none of the youths I have encountered there are going against the grain. The whole family is armed to the teeth including the young-ins with pink AR-15s for the girls. They don't have posters of Rittenhouse in their rooms but the message is clear. 

• Like 1

Uvalde survivors file class action lawsuit seeking $27 billion from law enforcement entities, school district and others

Survivors of the fatal mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, have filed a $27 billion class action lawsuit against multiple law enforcement agencies in Texas, according to court documents.

The lawsuit, filed Tuesday in federal court in Austin, names the city, the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District, the school district’s police department, the Uvalde Police Department, the Texas Department of Public Safety and a number of persons who are members or former members of the agencies listed as defendants.

The plaintiffs include parents and teachers and school staff members who were at the school May 24 when 19 students and two teachers were gunned down in adjoining classrooms just a few days before school was to let out for the summer. At least 17 others were wounded.

A total of 376 law enforcement officers from multiple agencies responded to the massacre, the second deadliest shooting on a K-12 school in the United States.

Officers waited 77 minutes after the shooter entered two adjoining classrooms before storming in and killing the gunman, an 18-year-old Uvalde resident.

The lawsuit alleges the victims and survivors “sustained emotional and psychological damages as a result of Defendants’ conduct and omissions” as a result of the shooting.

Click on the link for the full article

Suspect in Colorado LGBTQ nightclub massacre is charged with 305 counts, including murder and hate crimes

he suspect in last month's deadly rampage at a Colorado LGBTQ nightclub was charged Tuesday with 305 criminal counts in what could be the most heavily prosecuted murder case in state history, authorities said.

Anderson Lee Aldrich is suspected of killing five people and wounding 17 others on Nov. 19 at Club Q in Colorado Springs. Five more were injured but not by gunshots. Twelve others were victims with no visible injuries, police said.

The 305 charges filed in court include first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder, first- and second-degree assault and bias-motivated crimes, District Attorney Michael Allen told the court.

Allen said he couldn't recall a murder trial with so many counts.

They lost best friends, became hypervigilant, felt guilt: The kids — now teens — who survived Sandy Hook

ratio3x2_1200.jpg

On the afternoon of May 24, 17-year-old Newtown resident Cyrena Arokium got a text from her aunt, concerning the mass school shooting that had just taken place in Uvalde, Texas.

"Just checking in. Love you ... Today's events can be triggering. Wanted to make sure you were coping," her aunt said. 

"Then I opened up social media to see what was going on and I saw Uvalde on my feed," Arokium said.

The Uvalde shooting that left 21 dead and 17 more wounded instantly brought Arokium back 10 years to the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy, on Dec. 14, 2012.  Arokium, a second grader at the time, lost 20 of her schoolmates and six educators at her school that day, including her first-grade teacher Victoria Soto.

Arokium has now become an activist — with a mission.

"I want to stop school shootings as a whole. I also want to protect kids in the future because I don't want anyone else to go through what I had to go through," she said.

rawImage.jpg

Cyrena Arokium, who is now a senior at Newtown High School, is pictured in her first grade teacher Victoria Soto's classroom at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Soto was killed in the Dec. 14, 2012 shooting, but Arokium survived as a second grader.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This isn't a post about a mass shooting, but I just wanted to say **** guns and **** anyone who supports them.

My brother in law was murdered on Christmas Eve down in Charlotte, NC. 

We thought we had it bad this holiday season by not being able to hang out with people due to my wife and kid having covid, then I popped positive on Friday.  Then Saturday morning we learn that my wife's brother was shot and killed down in NC.

The guy who murdered him used a stolen gun.  So the gun supposedly started in the hands of a responsible gun owner, until it got into the hands of the coward who ****ing murdered him.

I can guarantee you all that if you think you have been going through some rough times during the holiday season, that it's not as bad as what my wife and her family has been going through.

**** guns.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 17

That's terrible. My heart goes out to you, my sincere condolences. I cannot imagine the anger and frustration and grief your family must be going through. i am certain I speak for all of us who have been here talking for years.. we're here for you. We can't offer much but a virtual shoulder to lean on, but mine's here, as I am sure are everyone else's.

John

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...