Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

47 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I’m not seeing where it breaks it down between individuals and groups? 

I don’t think it does but rather it seems to group them together. I saw one table that said gun manufacturers but that’s just the money spent on lobbying in favor for them.

Either way it’s more money. There’s no profit in gun control.

46 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If only there was a way to prevent people with mental health issues from having the ability to kill large numbers of people with little to no warning. A real head scratcher. 

To be fair, is it confirmed this person actually had mental health illness?

People snap at work without a diagnosis to point to all the time, to the level of killing people, not as much, but not unheard of.

Stress isn't a disease, it's a sign of a larger problem...that our government will also ignore...

Edited by Renegade7

Just now, Renegade7 said:

People snap at work without a diagnosis to point all the time, to the level of killing people, not as much, but not unheard of.

Stress isn't a disease, it's a sign of a larger problem...that our government will also ignore...

Not too mention anyone can suffer from mental health at any point in their lives. Some are born with them sure. But a lot of people who were otherwise healthy can develop issues later in life. A brain tumor can cause issues. Alzheimer’s can affect a persons disposition. Someone who might have been otherwise perfectly safe gun owner for years and years could become dangerous after the fact.

You can’t just fix that, and you certainly can’t fix it just by bringing it up every time there’s a mass shooting like a bunch poltroons. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Before I respond, what do you think my position is?

I think everyone knows what your position is.  You are for limited control that doesn’t affect any of your freedoms, specifically.

But the only real solution IMO is to drastically reduce the amount of guns circulating and sold. 

So short of agreeing to do that, you are tacitly saying the price they have to pay for your freedoms is acceptable. Is that a high bar? It is what it is.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

People snap at work without a diagnosis to point to all the time, to the level of killing people, not as much, but not unheard of.

My post was in response to Gov. Sweatervest's comments, not necessarily the WalMart incident. I didn't want to quote the whole tweet, so that wasn't clear on my part. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

You are for limited control that doesn’t affect any of your freedoms, specifically.

False.

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

So short of agreeing to do that, you are tacitly saying the price they have to pay for your freedoms is acceptable. Is that a high bar? It is what it is.

Also false.

• Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

False.

Also false.

Easy to say for someone who isn’t affected by the violence, isn’t it?

I can’t know for sure what is in your heart as far as the first statement being true or false but the second statement I made is empirically true whether you like it or not.

The result of a country that proliferates guns is a country with gun deaths. If you want a country with guns you accept gun deaths as an acceptable cost.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Thumb down 1