Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tshile said:

CNN is reporting the student had a “safety plan” which dictated he be searched every day when entering the school

what the hell. Never heard of such a thing. 

Mental health. 

It should read, "the school had a safety plan for the student."  Maybe it is just semantics.  A safety plan is intended more for the safety of the student due to a risk of self-harm.  If there is any fear of harm to others, he shouldn't be at school. 

The kid was on probation (law enforcement probation not school probation) from being caught having a ghost gun and extended magazine in 2021. 

Probation. 

🙄

That charge wasn't the reason for the safety plan btw. He violated board policy at another school in January 2023 and agreed to a pat down every day at his new school. The pat down that apparently found the gun this time resulted in the shootings. 

This whole thing is a wtf to me.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

I stand corrected on the "safety plan". 

I am going to get into rant mode here, not in this case, directly,  but on how our country is a joke. I have no idea what the story of this boy is.  Our teenage son had/has mental health problems due to bullying.  We took him out of school and have homeschooled him (or "independent study").  Graduates this year, accepted into colleges (typical state college, nothing fantastic, but he did get accepted).  He basically spent his 7th and 8th grades at home playing Fortnite emotionally recovering from the school system.  My wife spent a lot of energy with him on language arts.  His 10th grade and on he has taken community college classes. But I would say the benefit of this is that he spent about 25% of the hours doing school.  Negative socialization is a thing... and with everyone needing 2 incomes to live (I think my case as an exception), we are doing our kids wrong.

• Like 1