Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins RB situation....

Jacoby66forHOF

53 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Fun facts about our run game:

- Our leading rusher is the 3rd down back and he's 39th in yards. 

- Two QBs have more yards than our leading rusher.  

- Dalvin Cook hasnt played in a month and has over 100 yards more than our leading rusher. 

- Cook's backup, who had 7 total carries before Cook got hurt, still would be our leading rusher.

- Joe Mixon, averaging 3.0 ypc, still would be our leading rusher.

And despite this, when we were ineffective at rushing the ball, but kept pounding it even though we were only getting two and three yards a clip... that's when we won our games. when we sheath the running game that's when we lose.

It's a pattern you can't miss unless you do so willfully.

Perine is a realistic option. Being our own option aside, I think he has shown as much as Kelley has this year, if we take away the one quarter he had vs the Rams, when Jay unleashed Gibbs's's old playbook to completely befuddle McVay Barry and Wade.

The big variable with Perine vs Kelley are the fumbles, but he was not a heavy fumbler in college and I for attribute his early fumbles to life as a rookie back in the NFL. I think those can be mitigated a bit by using him in the passing game, when he is presumed less likely to fumble vs running up inside taking on 5 guys head on every touch. Instead of 20 carries up the gut for Perine, try 15 and then pass to him a few times instead.

It was nice to hear Al Galdi this morning also complaining about our heavy and predictable inside zone over and over, let's try outside more often. Run from shotgun and pistol.

I think our emergency back was Niles Paul, who got his bell rung.  We will likely add a back to our PS soon I would think.

Everybody is missing the point.  The problem isn't Kelley.  It isn't Perine.  It certainly isn't CT.  It wasn't Mac Brown.

The problem is Jay Gruden.  He is responsible for the run game being stalled in 2 ways:

1. He has a mash of people creating the offense, because there's no "1 person in charge of game-plan" OC.  Callahan does some of it, he does some of it, and presumably Matt Cavanaugh does some of it.  The pieces don't fit together, and they don't complement each other.  

2. Jay might not be the guy putting together the draft board, drafting, or choosing FAs.  But he essentially has completely control over the final roster.  He has that control because the guy who actually has the power (Allen) just does whatever Jay says.

So, we have a disconnected running-game plan, and he was ok going into the season with a physically limited group of backs.  

This is on him, and on him entirely.  I like Kelley as a backup, and maybe Perine develops into a starter.  

But the plan coming into the year was idiotic and destined to fail

Oh, and btw, the 'Skins have NEVER run the ball well under Gruden. So it's not exactly like he has a lot of run-game trust built up for us to trust that the dumb-ass decisions he mad before the season would work. 

We needed OLs activated, yet couldn't put any of our existing OL on IR as their injuries did not appear severe enough. Mack Brown fans, who should we have released instead, to pick up Arie?  Sprinkle? Ken Harvey-Clemons? Moreau.... Pryor!! Maybe Quick, or McClure. But we are decimated by injuries, but the injuries are not year enders, and are thus thin across the board. Maybe the move was to IR someone that didn't need to be on IR. Foster was the first victim and didn't seem too pleased. Let's be real. Mack barely played and we just drafted Perine so....

Mack will get a chance if Murray gets injured, or McKinnon keeps fumbling. We will certainly learn the hard way if he has starter skills.

I thought I read that Kelley got injured during the game... anyone know what happened?  TIA.

13 minutes ago, justice98 said:

How are we not in on Ajayi for only a 4th?  And then Philly gets him?  Ugh.

I just heard that.  It's nuts.  Eagles have IMO by a mile been the best trading team in the NFC East.   Jernigan they got cheap.  Ajayi cheap. Sproles years back, cheap. And they get a kings ransom in return for Bradford.

This team just makes me weary & sad.  For the last 25 years I always felt "this might be the year".  That is gone now.  I have become less & less interested as the years of ineptitude grind part of my soul away.  I hardly have anything left.  With our FO, & structure (or lack thereof) I just don't see a change in the future.  Does someone in the front office not see we need a quality RB in the worst possible way?  Did we even reach out?  We snakebite ourselves.  This team just grinds you up and spits you out, as a fan.  Oh well...hail

Gruden already explained why the Redskins would have trouble trading this year and I'm sorry but I don't want to trade anything, not even a 4th, for a player who hasn't gotten in the endzone since 12/24 of last season and only has two TDs since November of last year. 

He also can't catch out of the backfield. 

Thoroughly pissed about Ajayi going to the eagles. One of my best friends who is psycho Philly fan just texted me, all excited. I usually come up with something negative to say about any move they make to piss on his parade. 

I would've gave up at least a 3rd for Ajayi. I seriously ****ing hate my team. Ajayi and Wentz are young and going to be a problem for years.

7 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Think its clear we are packing it in this year with not making a move for Ajayi when we need a RB in the worst way. 

This is exactly what it looks like.  The rich are out here getting richer and we're sleeping in a box on the street.  It may even be for the best as sad as that sounds.

Whens the last time we actually made a trade that's worthwhile and fleeced somebody? Normally we get fleeced...

I can't imagine in anybodys brain in the front office that they can be happy with this roster. I am so pissed we didn't get Dareus for a 6th when I was calling for him and Sheldon Richardson all offseason.

I have no doubt i'd do a better job as a GM/team builder than some of these jackasses.

Long live the suck!

Archived