Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins RB situation....

Jacoby66forHOF

Woops, I think I C&P’d from your response instead of just hitting quote.  

But still that guy is patient on cuts and bulldozing guys ( also isn’t the fastest) he’s a Perine clone.

I think it’s safe to say the top traits Jay looks for in early down backs is size and patience

3 hours ago, FFODC said:

Woops, I think I C&P’d from your response instead of just hitting quote.  

But still that guy is patient on cuts and bulldozing guys ( also isn’t the fastest) he’s a Perine clone.

I think it’s safe to say the top traits Jay looks for in early down backs is size and patience

Yeah i can absolutely agree with that.  I do wish we had a guy who could house it on any play from between the tackles.  CT has the ability but it's hard to get him through that stuff with his size.  I want a guy who can beat an ILB in the hole and get outside to the edge.  I know everyone wants that lol but a change of pace 1st and 2nd down back would be great. 

How about Perine pass proing into an OLs back.  Shades of butt fumble and rang his bell a bit. Dallass's DL IS a pain in the ass and probably manhandled the 2 OL right in front of Perine.  I can see Manusky has added the stunts/twists they do but does  it much less often.  Tough sledding for Perine who had a 15 yarder but finished 12 for 38.

And how about Marshall. He showed some moves on his 5 catches and 4 runs.  I wonder if Jay sees him as an all down back, or just a hands back. If not an all down, who is Perine's backup? Maybe it's KingB.

Archived