Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Common Kirk....I just don't know....

Riggo'sRangers

11 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

No, I just want to see consistency. There's only 16 games in a season so alternating good and not so good isn't ideal. I just would like to see him carry this momentum over to Monday night, is that so much to ask for?

If he performs like he did tonight consistently he will be Brady.  He hasen’t that’s why he is in the second tier of guys.  But still damn good. 

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I know there are some infamous AntiKirks peeking at this thread, afraid to come in and drop a Yeah, but...

Pretty much took a dump on most everything that's been said about him: can't beat good teams, can't win in prime time, takes 4 weeks every season to get going.  I liked his chances of scoring in the red zone when we decided to get cute instead.  Would have been nice to add that notch to the belt as well.

Edit: I spoke too soon now excitement must be tempered with "consistency".

He's had phenomenal games in his career. No doubt about that. I would just like to see him follow this up. Why is that a negative? I'm not nitpicking his game. He was phenomenal today. I'm just saying it would be great to see him keep this momentum going.

The deep throw to Doctson was a mixed bag kind of a throw.  On one hand I give Cousins kudos for the trust he had in Doctson to make the play.  On the other hand, let's be real.....Amerson comes away with an easy pick if Doctson doesn't take it away.   In the end it came out as a positive though.  Technically those kinds of plays are why we drafted Doctson and why we want Cousins to take shots.  This could be a big step on the "trust" Cousins has in taking these deep shots and letting the WR's try to make plays.  Tonight, the risk was a net positive!

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The deep throw to Doctson was a mixed bag kind of a throw. 

Amerson had pretty good coverage, the only way that ball is getting caught is to heave it up and let Doctson go get it.  That's probably the biggest reason we drafted him was to do what he did.  Kirk throws that deeper and it's probably incomplete.

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The deep throw to Doctson was a mixed bag kind of a throw.  On one hand I give Cousins kudos for the trust he had in Doctson to make the play.  On the other hand, let's be real.....Amerson comes away with an easy pick if Doctson doesn't take it away.   In the end it came out as a positive though.  Technically those kinds of plays are why we drafted Doctson and why we want Cousins to take shots.  This could be a big step on the "trust" Cousins has in taking these deep shots and letting the WR's try to make plays.  Tonight, the risk was a net positive!

He had one on one coverage and gave his guy a chance for it. Doctson just has to make the play or keep the CB from getting it. I was ok with it tho granted JD wasn't "open" 

20 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Yeah, good post.  Look for us to take the L on a few of those as the season progresses.

But not tonight.

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Amerson had pretty good coverage, the only way that ball is getting caught is to heave it up and let Doctson go get it.  That's probably the biggest reason we drafted him was to do what he did.  Kirk throws that deeper and it's probably incomplete.

That was an interception or at an incomplete.   Doctson made a hell of a play on the ball and Kirk gave him a chance to get it. 

Lol I was screaming noooooo at the screen then Josh caught it and I was celebrating. 

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Yeeeessss, by far my favorite play of the game, as I hope it provides Kirk more confidence to allow his play makers to compete more consistently down the field.

Also, he continues to look to make plays with his legs. Awesome!!

What a total win!  

I was pretty hard on Kirk the first two games - and he deserved it. However, he was nothing short of special last night. Great decision making, accurate with the ball. Always seemed in control. This may be his best overall performance since he has been a Redskin. I know the Tampa game was nice. But that got pretty ugly before it got good. He was special all night.

Congrats to Kirk and the entire team! What an awesome win.

5 hours ago, illone said:

Did I miss any coach hugs or overreactions?

I saw a professional dude tonight.  Hats off to Kirk.  

He took it in stride tonight, and totally outclassed a guy that just got paid $125MM.  

The only thing was, it was a total team outclassing.  The Raiders never got off the bus.

But for Kirk to silence the doubters, he needs to string together performances and preferably wins like this against playoff caliber teams.  We cant go 2-4 in the next 6 like we did after he put up a similar performance against GB last year.  That wasnt all on him, but he was rather uneven the rest of the way.

5 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Time to shut this thread down, we have a competent NFL QB.  

What a rollercoaster Kirk has given us.

Game 1: F

Game 2: C

Game 3: A

This is the Kirk I enjoy rooting for. I hope he can keep it going. Best case scenario is for the FO to look like fools. Mind you, I'm still upset with Kirk's side for not even countering or proposing anything at all.

7 hours ago, Redd said:

That was an interception or at an incomplete.   Doctson made a hell of a play on the ball and Kirk gave him a chance to get it. 

Lol I was screaming noooooo at the screen then Josh caught it and I was celebrating. 

I think I screamed oh ****, and shut my eyes.  The replay was fabulous!  ?

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

What a rollercoaster Kirk has given us.

Game 1: F

Game 2: C

Game 3: A

This is the Kirk I enjoy rooting for. I hope he can keep it going. Best case scenario is for the FO to look like fools. Mind you, I'm still upset with Kirk's side for not even countering or proposing anything at all.

Completely agree, but during the season I just want to cheer for the play on the field and let contract talk go to the wayside.  

He was fun  to watch last night, I am hoping for a Monday Night performance (for once) by our franchise.  Arrow head is a tough place to play, but I'll be cheering my ass off for Kirk and the boys no matter what happens there.  3-1 into the bye????  

Lookout!

Cousins was fantastic last night. Lets hope it is the start of an amazing 14 game streak. I was one of the few that was OK with another franchise tag year for Kirk. But if he can string together a few games like this and show us some consistency I think we can all feel better about breaking the bank for the guy. As good as he was the defense was still the most amazing take away from last nights game. That was about the BEST offense in the league. And the defense just completely destroyed them.

I'm no longer at the point where I sit here and microanalyze every Cousins snap and game. He's a good QB who will give you a few great games, will have a hot stretch of absolute domination, and maybe one or two clunkers , which is about par for the course for most tier 2 QBs(hell even Brady who's tier 1 stunk vs. the Chiefs in the opener). He's worth the big bucks. Just pay him.

People need to keep harping "HE'S GOTTA BE CONSISTENT." What does that even mean? In a 16 game season every QB will have a bad game or two. If you put up this kind of game 16 time a year you're talking about Brady in 2007 or Manning in 2012 godlike MVP years. That's a ridiculous expectation.

Cousins has: put up big #s, won big games at home, won big games on the road, won primetime games, led comebacks and 4th quarter game winning drives, he's won without a good D or run game, he's won without premier receiving targets. What more do people want from the guy?

5 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Completely agree, but during the season I just want to cheer for the play on the field and let contract talk go to the wayside.  

He was fun  to watch last night, I am hoping for a Monday Night performance (for once) by our franchise.  Arrow head is a tough place to play, but I'll be cheering my ass off for Kirk and the boys no matter what happens there.  3-1 into the bye????  

Lookout!

3-1 would be amazing. I can't see the team playing like that again next week. Chiefs are the best team in the league, I think. Last night's performance by everyone was over the top great. Hard to believe that is really us, you know.

Archived