Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles Redskins Post Game Assessments

Burgold

Gotta say all throughout the game was a total dip point entirely. Brown as ilb is huge also fuller played well! And for pass rush we need more from the dline. 

Morgan Moses wow!!! Wth! And our running game idk if it's no push in the middle but really this is sad.

Wr's. we need to target reed and crowder more 

Just horrible.

Defense was a little better than last year but I still didn't see the kinda pressure I want to see.  Doesn't do any good to always get close to the QB if you aren't getting there or knocking them around. 

I've been all in for Cousins but if he keeps this up the front office will look like they made the right decision.  Guy does seem to panic when pressured.  Bet Gibbs I would have benched Cousins by now with the way he turns it over.

This is the first off season I thought about not renewing my seats.  If they continue this crap it might just happen.

48 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

Generous with the O assessment, but I agree with your D assessment. 

Now, Special Teams:

Crowder, what are you doing man? 

And was that Thompson that brought it out on KOR? I can't recall. 

Overall, sloppy, but that's actually more of what you tend to expect week 1. I'd give it a C-

That was Breeland on kickoff return.

Tight Ends are going to kill us all season if we can't figure out how to cover them.

Tight Ends are going to kill us all season if we can't figure out how to cover them.

2 minutes ago, RawRebel said:

That was Breeland on kickoff return.

That's a good question, why the heck was Breeland returning a kickoff? Since when did he even play special teams anyway?

Offense, lame. Should have gotten Perine a touch when it was game over and break the ice and calm the nerves. Featuring Grant at all makes me question the game plan but injuries were in play. Pryor looked raw losing the ball "in the lights", and the breadbasket drop in the endzone. I still contend Kirk is throwing the ball as hard as any QB. Those Reed catches were missiles.  Doctson MIA is depressing.  Blocking was questionable but then Jay needs to game plan for jail breaks, specifically implement hot routes, more short quick throws, rollout/boots.  Or you know, try a screen.

Defense better, but still too predictable. Outside of some creativity on blitzes, our D looked very Barry.  3nd and long = 3 man + zone. Those 3 dropped INTs? Punts if we did hold on. When the QB throws the ball deep TO his WR, the WR can defend as needed.

Special Teams - Not fond of 3 almost irreplaceable guys on return duty. Tress shanked his first one.  Crowder jumping sideways to catch a punt.  Let's go for more blocks on 4th and 5+.

Coaching. Meh. D too predictable. Offense...  liked the deep balls early, they are as lucky to be completed as is us rushing for positive yards. Tough to grade Jay with Cousins and Pryor looking like nervous rookies.

Thanks @Burgoldfor the much needed thread

It's just one game...they started off 0-2 last year and rebounded...however after reading the newspaper on the way to the game today I can conclude honestly that they MUST finish at least 2-2 going into the bye week for it to be a salvageable season. I marked this game as a win. I didn't see anything that would indicate the lowly Eagles were any good. 

Here is the first four for the Redskins. 

vs PHI (L) 
@ LAR
vs OAK (Sunday Night) 
@ KC (Monday Night) 

Oakland and KC are games they probably aren't going to win. That's why winning today was important. Need to get off to a good start. I think they can beat LA (if they let a scrub like Goff light them up express SERIOUS concern) but Oakland and KC are pretty damn good teams. The AFC West, with the exception of the Chargers, perennially fields playoff teams. 

There is no margin for error now if they want to go 2-2. And they could conceivably go 0-4 going into their bye week. They have to win next week. And they have to beat either Oakland or KC, which doesn't seem too possible. 1-3 going into the bye isn't something good at all and just puts more pressure on them to answer the call after the bye week.

Just now, Califan007 said:

Does his gut have eyeballs?

No, Joe Gibbs just tweeted he fought them out.

More rants.

I think QBs should be graded more on off script ability and elusiveness - lets add that into QB Ratings. With the aggressive Ds QBs now face, those are more important than ever.  Wentz looks to have Wilson type skills there.

It was nice to see McClain and McGee make plays. Zach looked good.  Galette finally got a sack!!.. no - we lined up offsides... twice.

We didn't even look good in garbage time, when Ds let you eek out a meaningless score to end the game. It seems like we had a blown timeout, a recurring thing but we are used to it by now.

Re: "The Fumble", Eagles fans on the train ride home were very surprised they were given that call, everyone could see it was a fumble. I was watching in the concourse of FedEx field with a FedEx employee, and when they call it a fumble there was a loud boo from inside the stadium and that is when I left 

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

offense was just suck all the way around.  I put 100% of the blame on Gruden for not replacing McVay with a legitimate OC to handle and run the offense, choosing instead to do a patch job of Callahan installing run, him and Cavanagh doing pass, Cavanaugh as the "OC" but Gruden as play caller. That's a dumb plan.  Made worse by not at least replacing the QB coach.

Gruden is also responsible for falling in love with try-hard, low talent guy's like Grant.  You cannot win with Grant on the field for meaningful minutes.  He doesn't get that.

and finally a pit all of the crappy personnel decisions at Allens feet.  Because he's allowing Gruden to make crappy decisions on personnel. 

the higher talent people were not producing today, the try-hards were the ones who did

Simple, loss on the coaching staff. Absolutely lame duck offence play calling.

Huge pressure from the Eagles D, idiot coaches couldn't even do quick hits to Thompson. 

And the whole team, yet again, looked like they where playing for a country club league. Flat, boring, lifeless. 

All coaching imho...

1 hour ago, RyansRangers said:

Every year I care less and less about this team! They have done nothing to play basic fundemental football. They don't have one aspect they are good at. 

I used to get mad now I expect to lose.. 

It pains me to say this, but I feel the same way.  This franchise has been inconsistent for 25 years with no end in site and ate away at my passion of the NFL.  

Run the dam ball Gruden jesus!!!

Offense:

How much have we invested in this Oline and they still can't run block. Kelly couldn't get into any rhythm. 

WR's we looked like we did vs ATL two years ago when DJax and Reed were out. Cousins looks pedestrian out there, we miss Deseans speed. I'm guessing Doctson's injury hampered his prep week and didn't see the field. I'm about ready to jump off this kids bandwagon. And the drops mother of god Pryor is infecting everyone with his butter fingers. Crowder couldn't haul in any passes. 

Defense: 

Defense I thought was solid today. Good tackling, really good vs the run but Philly hasn't been a running team since McCoy was traded..To me they only gave up 17 pts today..

Overall: 

I mean you dont sign Djax or Garcon so you can have money to possibly sign Cousins and now he sucks without those two so now what? We already doubt Pryor's hands, Gruden doesn't want to run the ball, our Oline is lightyears away from earning the hogs moniker. If anything I'm glad were going through this now, am I hopeful it'll be fixed. I dont know. But there was little to look forward too when it comes to this offense..  

6 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

But there was little to look forward too when it comes to this offense..  

Who in their right mind thought that would be the case headed into this season.  Pryor, it's great that you can catch a ball with one hand...try that next time maybe?

Archived