Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles Redskins Post Game Assessments

Burgold

I thought overall we didn't look as badly as I expected. If we score that last drive and win, no one is talking about the mistakes tonight and tomorrow. It's a slugfest with a division rival they're not always pretty. 

What kills me is we were robbed of the chance to even see if we could pull off the improbable GW drive.  That's not a ****ing fumble. You can watch it 10 times or a billion. Not a ****ing fumble. Bull****. 

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/906971291089031169

6 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I thought overall we didn't look as badly as I expected. If we score that last drive and win, no one is talking about the mistakes tonight and tomorrow. It's a slugfest with a division rival they're not always pretty. 

What kills me is we were robbed of the chance to even see if we could pull off the improbable GW drive.  That's not a ****ing fumble. You can watch it 10 times or a billion. Not a ****ing fumble. Bull****. 

Sounds familiar. 

"Almost had the game if not for this one missed opportunity" and "the refs made bad call"

I'd much prefer it if we actually make that play and then don't even leave it up to the refs.

53 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Why in the world would SF give up a #1 for Cousins, when they can get him this off-season?

The first reason is that they wouldn't have to compete with anyone to get their franchise QB. Second they'd give KC the contract he was looking for before the FA designation needed to be used... The cost for those and benefit for them would be well worth it for them.  49'ers might get a 1st round pick swap and give the Skins other picks to get that done.  No reason for the Skins to sell out their defense for KC anymore.  McCoy could easily duplicate the QB requirement to go .500

19 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

What kills me is we were robbed of the chance to even see if we could pull off the improbable GW drive. 

Fox had a better angle from behind and it looked to me as if the ball was out of his hands and going a little forwards. I was saying "Up yours New York" but it didn't bother me too much because the way we were playing (at least in the last half) I didn't feel we were going to pull this one out.

17 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Defense looks alot better...offense is a big head scratcher, I'm not smart enough to say if the play calling was good so not sure about that sooo...meh, on to the rams!

Defense did look good. Good sign there if they can resign a core that is effective. The play calling wasn't great by any means, but the QB/OL/Running game was terrible.  Hard to get in a flow with all those issues combined. 

As disappointing the game was, I'm not yet ready to throw in the towel vs the Rams. Sure they have a good defense and that pummeling they gave the Colts is an ominous sign but with the way our defense played, there is potential there. I think Cousins and WRs will rebound next week to give the Rams a close game. Well, if we play well lol.

Our run game though... 

19 minutes ago, dyst said:

I'd much prefer it if we actually make that play and then don't even leave it up to the refs.

Well, duh. But we're clearly not a good enough team for that right now. Unfortunately, we're stuck with a squad that needs the breaks and bounces to go our way. Still doesn't change we were absolutely effing ROBBED on that call. 

7 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

I didn't feel we were going to pull this one out.

I agree. I still think we would have found a way to **** the bed that drive had the correct call been made. Would have been nice to know though. 

Just now, skinfan2k said:

The LG and C are terrible for our team and we have a horrible slow RB.  

IDK...is he slow? Assuming slow means he can't get to the second level before someone catches him when there's a running lane.  I thought I saw him trying to find a place to go.  Maybe he is slow vs a slasher but he's a grinder that isn't going to take it to the house for certain.

12 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

it didn't bother me too much because the way we were playing (at least in the last half) I didn't feel we were going to pull this one out.

And you surely predicted in 2005 that Mark "Noodle Arm" Brunell was going to hit Moss deep twice to pull that one out vs the Turds though.

2 minutes ago, AzSkinsFan63 said:

Just because the Skins totally deserve to lose does not mean the refs can blow chunks!

Yeah that was very bad considering but they always have that out of 'no conclusive evidence' to overturn.  That preserves their poor opinion in every debatable review.  I'm with the crowd that believed it wasn't a debatable review and definitely saw it as conclusive. 

Glad it didn't matter really.

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

And you surely predicted in 2005 that Mark "Noodle Arm" Brunell was going to hit Moss deep twice to pull that one out vs the Turds though.

:P That was Brunells miracle, and he never actually repeated anything like it afterwards. KC had his "Do you like me now" moment with TB... so no, I didn't feel he could repeat it with this game.

14 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

:P That was Brunells miracle, and he never actually repeated anything like it afterwards. KC had his "Do you like me now" moment with TB... so no, I didn't feel he could repeat it with this game.

Oh ok, I wasn't present when Cousins was issued his quota of miracles. If it's really 1 then yeah cut the guy already. :cheers:

Archived