Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles Redskins Post Game Assessments

Burgold

3 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Paul Connor has some great gifs of our failed offensive plays.

When I say great, I mean mostly depressing. I really hate that we often seen to motion WRs in tight on run plays.  Watch them "blocking".

Edit- there are some good plays as well.

https://twitter.com/P_ConnerJr

Holy busted coverage, Batman!

Grant literally had nobody within 10-15 yards of him when Kirk released the ball.

Watching those plays you see Luavau was beat again and again.  He was responsible for a few of the bad plays, even when it wasnt his guy getting the sack it was his guy that kept Cousins from stepping up to avoid someone else.  His run blocking wasnt good either.

All in all the only reason Im concerned this year is Cousins.  Pryors drops did not help, but Cousins play was poor in this game.  The defense, despite giving up 3rd downs, was much improved.  In reality they only gave up 22 points, 7 of which was on a fluke play where the almost sacked Wentz twice, and 7 of which was after a turnover gave the eagles a very short field.  Was it amazing? No.  But much better than Ive seen in previous years.  They were contesting most everything.

The offensive line continues to have issues but I think part of it is the playcalling for runs is still way to obvious.  The defensive playcalls were good, and put our players in position to make plays, and the offensive passing playcalls were good, we just missed throws and dropped balls. As bad as that game was for us, I mean, you KNOW its a bad day when Crowder drops a punt, we still could have won that on the last drive.  That would scare me if I was an Eagles fan.  The only thing they had going was a good pass rush.

Archived