Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Also, while I’m randomly ranting about stuff

if your answer to “will you accept the election results” is

“As long as it’s a fair election” (or some variant)

then what you’re really saying is: no

All of the trump supporters I know are currently parroting that answer when i ask. 

they always flip it around on me. All I say is: yes

14 minutes ago, tshile said:

Also, while I’m randomly ranting about stuff

if your answer to “will you accept the election results” is

“As long as it’s a fair election” (or some variant)

then what you’re really saying is: no

All of the trump supporters I know are currently parroting that answer when i ask. 

they always flip it around on me. All I say is: yes

Your response could be:  "define fair."

Fair is the most meaningless word.  

2 hours ago, tshile said:

the people who constant project their own misdeeds and dishonest on others, have been telling us it’s going to be rigged

so maybe things like this aren’t awesome turnout news about people taking their democracy seriously

maybe it’s he first signs of fraud from the right. 

or maybe I drank too much and am just being pessimistic

🤪

I thought the first sign of Fraud was Trump being elected. He's been a fraud of a President for 4 years....

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Your response could be:  "define fair."

Fair is the most meaningless word.  

Exactly what I was about to ask.

Fair is if Trump is elected for them. Nothing else.

But seeing this from the outside, I'm having hard time seeing the election as fair if the man in charge is removing ballot sorting machines to prevent people from voting and do everything he can so their votes aren't counting... That's hardly a "Fair" election...

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I was told last night that the reason Trump was unable to respond to covid properly is because the Dems tied everything up with the impeachment 

🤔

Yea, that has been the narrative. I have been hearing this since covid hit. It's a BS line of course. They also throw out all the time that trump put in the travel ban earlier than dems recognized the issue. Problem with that is another 40,000 people came into the country from China after the so called"ban" and he did zero more for Covid for the next 6 to 8 weeks.  

Fact is the travel ban was becasue he was losing the trade war discussions. He wanted to put pressure on them. Doing it for Covid was just a good excuse. But if it fits their narrative, people will believe what they want. 

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

he couldn't figure out how to wear a tie correctly

I always found it odd this wasn’t something more people picked up on

drives me crazy

its like when a man wears his belt so everything after the buckle hangs down the middle of their pants 

how do you look at yourself after getting dressed like that and think “yeah that’s how I want to look”

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I wont accept the election results if Trump wins.

I know that my acceptance is not necessary. Or even wanted at this point. 

I am equally fearful of this. And I use the word equally deliberately

ive been thinking this for a while. Don’t think I’ve discussed it here

it seems to me that with except of a few here, most people on both sides seem to be convinced that if the other side wins it can only be because there was some level of fraud going on

for as much as has been spent on what trump and/or his supporters will do it he loses, there hasn’t been much talk about what a realistic reaction will be from the other side if he wins. 

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

I am equally fearful of this. And I use the word equally deliberately

ive been thinking this for a while. Don’t think I’ve discussed it here

it seems to me that with except of a few here, most people on both sides seem to be convinced that if the other side wins it can only be because there was some level of fraud going on

for as much as has been spent on what trump and/or his supporters will do it he loses, there hasn’t been much talk about what a realistic reaction will be from the other side if he wins. 

This is why I think Tuesday could very well be the beginning not the end. People have been concluding that since trump has pulled ads out of some key states that he admitting defeat. I believe it's becasue he doesn't care what the result is. If he wins then all is good. If he loses, the legal battels start. And honestly i do not think it matters by how much. He may ultimately lose them all but he will attempt to litigate his way into his reelection. 

BTW: Make no mistake - the dems are preparing for a legal battle. This could get a whole lot worse before it gets better. I hope not. Kind of preparing for the worst while hoping for the best. But still.... 

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

Will Biden win FL?

Assuming this is an open question - My thought is no. He loses Fl. But I think he wins PA and that state is the lynchpin. Just about ever model I have seen, whoever wins PA wins the election. 

Biden has a few outside paths without PA but they are thin. Trump has no path without PA. He wins PA or he loses the election. We will see. 

Biden is a 2 to 1 favorite in Florida according to 538.  Florida is always very close, but this year the fact that FLA is full of old folks at high risk of COVID is a dagger for Trump.  There is a lot of evidence, data and anecdotal, that the olds have turned on Trump.  I'd certainly rather be the guy favored in every high-quality poll.

image.thumb.png.2a27e7298520baeca1d6b3912c974fbf.png

58 minutes ago, tshile said:

I think if he wins, you're going to see rioting that's going to make the stuff that occurred after George Floyd look like child's play

Archived