Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Interesting.....I've been talking with people here lately and it has moved away from any specifics and is mostly the exact type of looming dread that others mention here. Yanno how we've heard the stories of people in CA before an earthquake and they talk about their pets getting antsy, cattle getting restless, bird flocking away? That's where we are now, earthquake weather, these stresses having been building for decades, piling up bit by bit and we are on the verge of something active, the earth is going to move under our feet. Noticing this just means you're paying attention, kudos.

Either way we are on the cusp of major, massive change and that always comes with its own share of collateral damage and (probably) bloodshed. There's no shame in hunkering down a tad to see what lands on your roof.

In terms of the dread, I think the best comparison is the coronavirus. Yes, there's a 90%+ chance I'll be fine, but there's a small but real chance it'll do real damage to me, and even if I come out of it okay, it could spread to those around me and hurt them. 

Probably a little on the nose.

Is the U.S. Prepared to Resist a Coup?

If Trump refuses to step down, we must be ready to not cooperate.

https://progressive.org/dispatches/is-us-prepared-to-resist-coup-zunes-201026/?fbclid=IwAR3cnx5AB7wE9pLKvaw1mYKru6K7dAoKGf6KWaC9bcH-n2d-1QkHu9FH1Ko#.X5hYipA8ETA.facebook

Are you? Are any of us? It's one thing to sit on your ass and gripe online, but who is genuinely willing to do more? The question deserves some thought and soul searching

42 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Nah he wouldn't do that :)

. . . so subtly.  

4 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

If Trump refuses to step down, we must be ready to not cooperate.

Just reflecting on how I would feel, if the exact same thing were being quoted from a Trump supporter.  

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

. . . so subtly.  

Just reflecting on how I would feel, if the exact same thing were being quoted from a Trump supporter.  

I know and I agree, that's the soul searching part I mentioned.

This is hard, there are no definitive answers right now, even if you want to do the right thing how in the unholy **** do you decide exactly what that should be? And I am just as selfish and craven and unnecessarily bold and willfully unbalanced as everyone else, but I am also very much a "look before you leap" kinda guy and I'm looking, looking, looking, looking for a lilypad to land on and I'm not seeing ****

6 hours ago, visionary said:

I'm sure some will get a kick out of this.

Hardywood is good stuff, for sure.

6 hours ago, visionary said:

I like Mayor Pete.  He's a good dude and I wish more in his party would view Fox News this way.  I hope he gets a better shot at office in the coming years.

So I got to thinking this morning, simply from a meta standpoint. For those worries about a Biden loss, do you remember what happened in 2018? First of all, it was a midterm election. Second, the republicans took a historic beating. Why did people come out in waves to vote? They wanted Trump gone.

What have republicans done to earn the vote of the public in the last 2 years? What’s changed? Nothing. They didn’t confirm an impeachment. They rushed through a Supreme Court nominee. They bungled the Covid response.

Trump is getting annihilated.

The idea we’d have an answer either way on election night or the day after seems optimistic. I’m expecting it to take like 2 weeks. 

but maybe I’m just being pessimistic. 

the subject of him refusing to leave and a coup:

im in wait and see mode. I don’t see the point in getting worked up. Too many possible paths it could take to waste time caring about one specific path or two. 
but generally speaking I value our democracy/republic and I consider our votes counting as a core thing about it all. I’ll leave it at that. 

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

The idea we’d have an answer either way on election night or the day after seems optimistic. I’m expecting it to take like 2 weeks. 

but maybe I’m just being pessimistic. 

the subject of him refusing to leave and a coup:

im in wait and see mode. I don’t see the point in getting worked up. Too many possible paths it could take to waste time caring about one specific path or two. 
but generally speaking I value our democracy/republic and I consider our votes counting as a core thing about it all. I’ll leave it at that. 

I agree, I don't think we're getting an answer on Tuesday night.

In regards to him refusing to leave, I think it's a strong possibility.  Here's the deal:  He's told us all along who he is and what he is, he hasn't deviated.  I'd say there's a 75% chance he doesn't leave.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

In regards to him refusing to leave, I think it's a strong possibility.  Here's the deal:  He's told us all along who he is and what he is, he hasn't deviated.  I'd say there's a 75% chance he doesn't leave.

Covid is already going to put a damper on the holiday season, I can only imagine that Trump and whatever shenanigans the GOP drum up are sure to absolutely ruin it.  

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Covid is already going to put a damper on the holiday season, I can only imagine that Trump and whatever shenanigans the GOP drum up are sure to absolutely ruin it.  

Yes, he could totally **** up Christmas.  He could even ruin pizza if he set his focus on it.

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree, I don't think we're getting an answer on Tuesday night.

That’s fine.  I’m not arguing. 

but whatever it is I’m going to do it can wait until I know exactly what the situation is before I decide what to do. 

but the other night with friends, to give you a general idea, my comment was basically:

if our votes don’t count then I don’t see the point in going to work the next day. 

if everything is going to fall apart, fine. I’ll deal with it best I can. Whatever that winds up meaning. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

So I got to thinking this morning, simply from a meta standpoint. For those worries about a Biden loss, do you remember what happened in 2018? First of all, it was a midterm election. Second, the republicans took a historic beating. Why did people come out in waves to vote? They wanted Trump gone.

What have republicans done to earn the vote of the public in the last 2 years? What’s changed? Nothing. They didn’t confirm an impeachment. They rushed through a Supreme Court nominee. They bungled the Covid response.

Trump is getting annihilated.

The election ends peacefully if two of the following states go blue on election night, which we will know because they won’t have much ballot counting after Nov 3; FL, OH, GA, TX, IA

If all of them go red, and the rust belt states are moderately close, we are in for a real **** show because they will all need to count ballots well after election night. This is my nightmare scenario.

I admit I have a lot of anxiety heading into this. 

Also in my “I’ll just leave if things get that bad” long term outlook over the years I neglected to factor in something like covid and how it could cause things to happen in a way, or just too quickly or cause too much distraction, to prevent from leaving before you can no longer leave...

All that said I have faith in our democracy. 

until I don’t. 

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

There’s something happening here... 

the people who constant project their own misdeeds and dishonest on others, have been telling us it’s going to be rigged

so maybe things like this aren’t awesome turnout news about people taking their democracy seriously

maybe it’s he first signs of fraud from the right. 

or maybe I drank too much and am just being pessimistic

🤪

2 hours ago, techboy said:

In terms of the dread, I think the best comparison is the coronavirus. Yes, there's a 90%+ chance I'll be fine, but there's a small but real chance it'll do real damage to me, and even if I come out of it okay, it could spread to those around me and hurt them. 

Probably a little on the nose.

My concern with corona is what long term damage has been done to me.

Archived