Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I think if he wins, you're going to see rioting that's going to make the stuff that occurred after George Floyd look like child's play

I think if he wins due to tossing ballots for newly made-up reasons and legal proceedings, we will rightly see large-scale riots.  I think if he wins because the right turns out in unexpectedly huge numbers, people will be upset and we'll see protests like last time (e.g., the Women's March) but it won't be full scale riots.  

48 minutes ago, zskins said:

Will Biden win FL?

I don't see it happening with his lag in the Latino vote.  I did see a poll cited on Morning Joe this morning that showed him up 5 points.  That right there should tell you polls are not to be relied on.  Whoever wins will win by 1-2 points and most likely less than 1% but this is not a state any Dem or Rep is winning by 5 points.

Everytime I see one of these polls I get anxiety.

I know people are focused on Biden winning Florida, but Trump’s path without NC Is almost equally as dire.

I feel good about NC. Feels like a late Dem surge. We got a Dem governor, and I don’t expect there to be a lot of election shenanigans. We can do this.

I’m thinking we flip Texas too. Then everyone will shut up about the fairness of the electoral college.

If Trump wins the election fair & square, then I'm sorry, save the protesting for another day because it means it simply came down to a lack of turnout. Not everywhere mind you, but in enough places to matter and Dems will only have themselves to blame.       

9 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'd certainly rather be the guy favored in every high-quality poll.

It's really hard for me to believe these polls, especially since I live down here and come into contact with many different types of people who are going to vote Trump.

In 2018 those high quality polls had Gillum up by 5 points going into election day and Desantis won by 85,000 votes.

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If Trump wins the election fair & square, then I'm sorry, save the protesting for another day because it means it simply came down to a lack of turnout. Not everywhere mind you, but in enough places to matter and Dems will only have themselves to 

If Dems dont turnout to bounce this doofus out, what exactly would it take to motivate them in coming years?

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Fact is the travel ban was becasue he was losing the trade war discussions. He wanted to put pressure on them. Doing it for Covid was just a good excuse. But if it fits their narrative, people will believe what they want. 

Seem to recall he also closed the border with Mexico.  

When the US cases were in the hundreds, and Mexico had 3.  

5 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

If Dems dont turnout to bounce this doofus out, what exactly would it take to motivate them in coming years?

I mean all things considered, it is a sad commentary that Trump A) Got elected in the first place  B ) he could even have a reasonable chance at re-election after the last 4 years.  However, here we are and for the most part the old adage remains true, the better the turnout, the better the chance for a Democratic President.  Sure, the GOP might turn out higher than usual turnout as well themselves, however the fact is there are simple more Democratic voters out there, it is the same question as always, will they actually go vote. 

31 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It's funny seeing the downright denial from Texans about how TX is slowly turning into a battleground state if not blue.  I still am not counting on it going for Biden, and likely we are another 8 years away, but it is headed in that direction in a hurry. 

I'm still stunned to hear that, after 4 years of Trump, Hispanics aren't voting 90% D.  I mean, racism is one of his major principals.  And probably more against Hispanics than even against blacks.  

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

Seem to recall he also closed the border with Mexico.  

When the US cases were in the hundreds, and Mexico had 3.  

Yea he closed the border after they said they didn't want Americans coming there to spread Covid. He was just all over it, NOT!!

31 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

It's really hard for me to believe these polls, especially since I live down here and come into contact with many different types of people who are going to vote Trump.

In 2018 those high quality polls had Gillum up by 5 points going into election day and Desantis won by 85,000 votes.

DeSantis won by less than 33 thousand votes and his approval rating has plummeted this year because of his devotion to Trump and his handling of the virus. Old people don't want to get sick and die and both Ron and Donald are taking hits for it. 

I'm not saying Marist is perfect or always right - they do underestimate education, for example. But they are a top tier pollster for a reason and they aren't a crazy utlier to the others. 

15 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Sure, the GOP might turn out higher than usual turnout as well themselves, however the fact is there are simple more Democratic voters out there, it is the same question as always, will they actually go vote. 

I keep thinking about the "I may be a Republican, but I'm not an idiot" signs.

All those people that said, "I usually vote Republican but..." 

All the people who are like, "God, just let this end so I can go on with my life and not pay attention to the President every day..." 

Part of me is a bit melancholy over the fact that my state ISN'T the one getting all the attention as The One Key State That Might Save America From Trump. 

I think CNN just said Trump has FOUR appearances in PA in two days. And Biden & Harris and their spouses and Obama are all going to be there. 

I wish I knew that that's because Biden already has it locked up. 

12 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

DeSantis won by less than 33 thousand votes and his approval rating has plummeted this year because of his devotion to Trump and his handling of the virus. Old people don't want to get sick and die and both Ron and Donald are taking hits for it. 

I'm not saying Marist is perfect or always right - they do underestimate education, for example. But they are a top tier poolster for a reason and they aren't a crazy utlier to the others. 

The Marist poll is the one that had Gillum up by 5 points right before the election.  All I'm saying is it's hard to rely on something that was off by 6 points in a recent election.

13 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'm still stunned to hear that, after 4 years of Trump, Hispanics aren't voting 90% D.  I mean, racism is one of his major principals.  And probably more against Hispanics than even against blacks.  

Abortion and Pro-Life.... there are many religious Hispanics and college educated whites who, even if they think Trump is trash. 

Spoke to one couple who hate Trump but voted for him. 

51 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Nate Silver retweeted this. Next week is truly going to be a s-show:

I understand the fear and anxiety, given everything Mango Mussolini has said. However, there isn't any legal or constitutional mechanism for Trump to just randomly declare victory and unilaterally stop counting votes in PA, or any other state. That's not how it works. His rigged Supreme Court can't do much anyway. Only once in the last 140 years has SCOTUS issued any kind of ruling in an election case (2000 Bush v. Gore), and I believe that ruling was only to uphold state vote counting laws.

Votes dropped off at ballot boxes, and mail in votes postmarked before election night are going to be counted.  The result is that we won't know the official count, and perhaps the victor, of PA on election night, since PA laws say they can't begin processing absentee votes until election day, but those votes are going to be counted, and a winner declared in the following day(s).

6 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Only once in the last 140 years has SCOTUS issued any kind of ruling in an election case (2000 Bush v. Gore), and I believe that ruling was only to uphold state vote counting laws

Nope. To block them. 

Gore went to court, to ask the courts to order counties to follow two Florida election laws.

1). The law which states that, to be counted, absentee ballots must be postmarked on Election Day (or earlier). 

2). The law which states that if either candidate requests a hand recount, (and the margin is less that a certain percentage), then the recount MUST be performed, and the results of the hand recount MUST be accepted over the machine count. 

Neither law was complied with.  

Archived