Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

I wonder if the stuff going on in PA this week is going to make a difference. 

Not sure why it would make people want to re-elect a guy who's proven incapable and uninterested in dealing with the underlying issues or even the chaos itself in any sort of constructive way, but who knows....  

The "we are getting your husbands back to work" thing was just so incredibly stupid of thing to say in his position. My supervisor (Trump supporter, white woman, suburban) is the BOSS of her household. I sent her that and she could not come up with one single excuse for it. I wish I could hear her inner thoughts about this. She will never tell me if she disagrees with it. But I know she hates that ****. 

33 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

:806:

Here is the article that caused that tweet.

https://leantossup.ca/abc-wapo-the-rms-trump-titanic/

Here is my favorite paragraph:

Marquette will poll Wisconsin later, and the New York Times/Siena will poll Michigan, so we will get some confirmation of these results – or, more accurately, verification – but if/when Marquette does their Biden +4 bull**** again, I don’t want to hear the cries about how the state is slipping for Biden. I’m not here for it. Is the 17% lead crap? Obviously. It is, as the Founders would say, a truth we hold to be self-evident. But my god, you can quibble between a 17% and a 10%, but the proper analogy is either Nero as Rome burned or the band continuing to play as the Titanic sank. Whatever the metaphor, the GOP are ****ed.

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The "we are getting your husbands back to work" thing was just so incredibly stupid of thing to say in his position. My supervisor (Trump supporter, white woman, suburban) is the BOSS of her household. I sent her that and she could not come up with one single excuse for it. I wish I could hear her inner thoughts about this. She will never tell me if she disagrees with it. But I know she hates that ****. 

Here’s what I notice when I speak to Trump supporters. They don’t actually listen to him (read) or watch him. Whenever I show them videos, tweets, articles (with quotes).... they’re dumbfounded. They can’t rationalize it.... so they go on the counter-attack with red herrings.

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The "we are getting your husbands back to work" thing was just so incredibly stupid of thing to say in his position.

"Oh he didn't mean it."

"Oh you just don't understand his passion."

"He was being sarcastic. His daughter is a strong woman."

"Oh that's just how he is. He loves women! He nominated ACB!" 

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Here is the article that caused that tweet.

https://leantossup.ca/abc-wapo-the-rms-trump-titanic/

Here is my favorite paragraph:

I've loved their articles and they have tucked me to bed recently. They don't mince words because they think they're right and are standing with it. Unlike some of the bigger more popular types that are always being cagey or picking one little thing to harp on just in case it comes true. 

1 minute ago, Die Hard said:

Here’s what I notice when I speak to Trump supporters. They don’t actually listen to him (read) or watch him. Whenever I show them videos, tweets, articles (with quotes).... they’re dumbfounded. They can’t rationalize it.... so they go on the counter-attack with red herrings.

That's exactly what she does. Crazy. I don't talk to many others but her and conservative work roomie (who I have not seen for weeks, he got sick) so I really thought it was a her thing. 

29 minutes ago, Llevron said:

It's a good thing that ballots are secret. Maybe she'll vote Biden or just not mark for president.

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

This is Trump Supporter 101.

I just don't even bother anymore because it always becomes:

"My 401K is going up like crazy"

"Gas prices are low"

"Market will crash with a democrat in office"

*Insert anything here that doesn't relate to what he said*

Blah. Blah. Blah.  

16 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He will still have his legion of devout followers, Twitter, and every platform will give him air time.  I believe we will hear more from Donald in a loss than we would in a win.

However the bullhorn of the presidency will be taken away. The legitimate media will no longer be duty-bound to cover an ex-President because his words will no longer be backed by the power of the office.

So let him continue to do his carnival barking to his idiot followers after he's voted out of office.  The rest of us can tune him out.  His rantings as a powerless fool will ring hollow.  Without the veneer of the Presidency he'll sound more and more like Mary Trump's crazy uncle.

Archived