Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Whenever I have a chilling thought about this election, I find LeanTossup on Twitter. Put this directly into your veins...  

https://leantossup.ca/pennsylvania-bidens-winning-the-gop-say-so/

Pennsylvania: Biden’s Winning – The GOP Say So

by Evan Scrimshaw | Oct 26, 2020 

What do the Pennsylvania 7th, 8th, and 16th have in common, beyond their state? All three of them are exurban districts that voted for the current President in 2016, in the case of the 16th quite heavily, and in all three cases the President running that well would be crucial to a statewide victory. They’re also all districts where either non-partisan or GOP internals have Joe Biden outperforming Hillary Clinton by 10% or more.

(Good stuff in the article beyond this. Worth a follow!) 

Also.  Since I assume that most advertising this late in the election is about motivating people who like you, to get off their butts and vote?  

My ads include this clip.  

If there's a better way to get out the Dem vote than Donald Trump saying "If you get rid of the ballots, there won't be a transition of power", I can't think of one.  

Why are we not talking about National Popular Vote with this election?  Its possible Grump could win the Electoral College and lose with 5 to 6 m vote deficit.  How is this system a "representative democracy" when there's a discrepancy between the peoplr and result.  

3 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Why are we not talking about National Popular Vote with this election?  Its possible Grump could win the Electoral College and lose with 5 to 6 m vote deficit.  How is this system a "representative democracy" when there's a discrepancy between the peoplr and result.  

Because people in Idaho are more important than people in NY or California.

Nevermind that there are at least 8+ mil rural people in California alone. 

5 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

There is an entire thread on this.  

10 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

If we get thru this, we need to make changes to address inequities like this 

On 10/26/2020 at 1:26 PM, Dan T. said:

The list of people who oppose Trump - and who say that reelecting him would have terrible consequences for the future of the United States - is staggering. 

- So many people who served with him are on this list.  Jim Mattis. Rex Tillerson. John Kelly. John Bolton. William McRaven. Gary Cohn. Olivia Troye (Mike Pence's Homeland security advisor). Miles Taylor, DHS Chief of Staff. Elizabeth Neumann, top DHS official.

- Literally hundreds of other prominent Republicans - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Republicans_who_oppose_the_Donald_Trump_2020_presidential_campaign

- People who were very close to him.  Tony Schwartz, the actual writer of Trump's books. Michael Cohen, his long-time personal attorney.  Former friend and Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci. His niece Mary Trump.  His SISTER, for God's sake.

There are some who cynically looked away from the obvious and remained silent in exchange for a continued hold on power.  But there is a sickness and/or a blindness among that 40 percent of the American population who continue to support him.

That so many still do is a national plague, the effects of which will linger even after he is gone.

Former U.S. attorneys — all Republicans — back Biden, saying Trump threatens ‘the rule of law’

Twenty former U.S. attorneys — all of them Republicans — on Tuesday publicly called President Trump “a threat to the rule of law in our country,” and urged that he be replaced in November with his Democratic opponent, former vice president Joe Biden.

“The President has clearly conveyed that he expects his Justice Department appointees and prosecutors to serve his personal and political interests,” said the former prosecutors in an open letter. They accused Trump of taking “action against those who have stood up for the interests of justice.”

The letter, signed by prosecutors appointed by every GOP president from Eisenhower to Trump, is the latest instance of Republicans backing Biden. In August, dozens of GOP national security experts signed a full-page newspaper ad endorsing Biden over Trump.

Article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/republican-us-attorneys-back-biden/2020/10/27/c1b55702-17fd-11eb-befb-8864259bd2d8_story.html

Sabato Crystal Ball update.  

https://centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/final-forecast-results-from-two-methods-of-predicting-the-2020-presidential-election/

Final Forecast: Results from Two Methods of Predicting the 2020 Presidential Election

Conclusions
Two different methods of forecasting the 2020 presidential election, one based on an aggregate level model of the national electoral vote and one based on individual state polling data, yield almost identical predictions of the outcome. The aggregate level model, first published in early August, predicts a Biden margin of 345-193 in the electoral vote. A forecast based on simply combining the results of recent state polls predicts a Biden margin of 350-188. Both predictions are extremely close to the latest forecast from the much more complex FiveThirtyEight model.

Lots more at link, the above is just the conclusion. 

41 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

This is why folks who look at "who voted" by a GOP vs. Democratic basis may be off.... 

I think many Republicans crossover to Biden.  And the GOP voters that Trump wants to get to the polls, may not vote for him. 

One thing that has been very encouraging the last month is seeing so many Republicans for Biden signs around Allegheny county. To me that sign basically says "we messed up 4 years ago and we're going to correct the mistake".

Just now, AJ* said:

One thing that has been very encouraging the last month is seeing so many Republicans for Biden signs around Allegheny county. To me that sign basically says "we messed up 4 years ago and we're going to correct the mistake".

Unfortunately, what it also indicates is "We're gonna blame this disaster entirely on Trump, claim that we've got it out of our system, and expect to be put back in power again, with the exact came policies.  (Just like we did after W).  We don't need to change our policies or anything.  Trust us."  

I put my snowmobile registrations in a mailbox Sunday night and got the registration in the mail on Friday.

I was absolutely stunned, I expected it to take at least a month between the stories of slow mail and slow state processing.

Obviously not the same as a ballot but still a positive sign.

25 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

This election is now the ‘Trump Crime Family & their Cronies’ versus The World.

Unfortunately "Their Cronies" include:  

Every single member of Congress who voted to acquit him.  

Every single member of right wing media who spent the last four years supporting him.  

Every single person who's voting for him, this year.  

10 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

We definitely need a new Voting Rights Act with severe punishment for voter suppression applicable to every state.

The criteria for throwing out the old one, was that it only applied to selected parts of the country.  Make it apply to the whole country.  

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Former U.S. attorneys — all Republicans — back Biden, saying Trump threatens ‘the rule of law’

Twenty former U.S. attorneys — all of them Republicans — on Tuesday publicly called President Trump “a threat to the rule of law in our country,” and urged that he be replaced in November with his Democratic opponent, former vice president Joe Biden.

“The President has clearly conveyed that he expects his Justice Department appointees and prosecutors to serve his personal and political interests,” said the former prosecutors in an open letter. They accused Trump of taking “action against those who have stood up for the interests of justice.”

The letter, signed by prosecutors appointed by every GOP president from Eisenhower to Trump, is the latest instance of Republicans backing Biden. In August, dozens of GOP national security experts signed a full-page newspaper ad endorsing Biden over Trump.

Article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/republican-us-attorneys-back-biden/2020/10/27/c1b55702-17fd-11eb-befb-8864259bd2d8_story.html

2 hours ago, Fergasun said:

This is why folks who look at "who voted" by a GOP vs. Democratic basis may be off.... 

I think many Republicans crossover to Biden.  And the GOP voters that Trump wants to get to the polls, may not vote for him. 

1 hour ago, AJ* said:

^^ this is all anecdotal ^^

what Gallup says paints a far crappier picture of the republican party.... 

image.thumb.png.bdd73a070b9d5f66129ebe0959f339f0.png

sadly... the republican party has become the party of suck.    94% support for this ass-nugget does not allow any other conclusion    

Archived