Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Wisconsin is expected to receive over 1 mil mail-in ballots, but can't start counting them until election day. But then can't accept anything received the day after election day. So are they going to make them prove that every single ballot they're still counting the days after the election, were received before then? How do they prove that if theyre not going off of the postmark. That's going to be a mess

6 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Wisconsin is expected to receive over 1 mil mail-in ballots, but can't start counting them until election day. But then can't accept anything received the day after election day. So are they going to make them prove that every single ballot they're still counting the days after the election, were received before then? How do they prove that if theyre not going off of the postmark. That's going to be a mess

And now we know the plan.

22 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I agree and It would be part of the voting rights act Id pass. Hell I would even take it a step further. Combine the Dakotas into one state. Maybe do the same to Montana and Idaho of Montana and Wyoming. 

Call it Montaho. Idatana. Montoming. Wyotana. The Ponderosa. I don’t care. they are an exploitation of the system, splitting small groups of people up that are spread out into empty land to give them more power and an unequal representation and voice in our democracy. 

State legislatures would have to agree to merge and republicans never would.  They know they have far more senators than their population justifies.  I’m surprised they haven’t considered splitting Wyoming in two just to own the libs.  

11 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I feel like all that map says is Democrats vote early.... 

I agree.  Without knowing how many people are still planning to vote, how many voted early means little.  It doesn’t even assure high turnout.  

This is going to be the longest week ever....

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He said he would have an answer before the election depending on what happened with the judge. Well, the court is hard right now.

Time for his answer.

Why?  There’s no upside to answering.  If he says he’ll pack the court he gives the right ammunition.  If he says he won’t, he’ll enrage many of his own supporters.  The goal is to win right?  Refusing to answer seems like the right move to me.  Especially considering his ability to do anything is contingent on events that have yet to occur.  He has to win the election and democrats have to keep the house and win the senate.  Without all of that Joe can’t do **** about the court.

34 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He said he would have an answer before the election depending on what happened with the judge. Well, the court is hard right now.

Time for his answer.

He advocated for a Bipartisan Commission on court reform.  That's reasonable.  Unfortunately we have been creeping to a "I win, you lose!  Hyperpartisanship". 

It's interesting to recall the history, as this goes back over 10 years.  During the Bush administration 7 Dems and 7 GOPs agreed to vote together on Court nominees.  In fact, Alito was confirmed under this agreement.  This is a credit to the Democratic side, or at least those 7 Senators.  

Dems nuked the judicial filibuster, save the Supreme Court in 2013.  Then GOP when they got power in 2014 turned the tables.   Not only did block Obama from a third nominee,  GOP just nuked it for Supreme Court with Trump.  Kavanaugh, Gorsich and now Barret are the fruits of this war.  

Mitch McConnell gets credit for holding the GOP together, but the GOP caucus discredits itself to me, for being spineless.  The Senate is supposed to be a moderate, deliberative body... at least tradtionally that is how it acted.  I would disagree with nuking the filibuster and going to majority rule, but as it is now the minority will dig in on everything.  

25 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

He advocated for a Bipartisan Commission on court reform.  That's reasonable.  Unfortunately we have been creeping to a "I win, you lose!  Hyperpartisanship". 

It's interesting to recall the history, as this goes back over 10 years.  During the Bush administration 7 Dems and 7 GOPs agreed to vote together on Court nominees.  In fact, Alito was confirmed under this agreement.  This is a credit to the Democratic side, or at least those 7 Senators.  

Dems nuked the judicial filibuster, save the Supreme Court in 2013.  Then GOP when they got power in 2014 turned the tables.   Not only did block Obama from a third nominee,  GOP just nuked it for Supreme Court with Trump.  Kavanaugh, Gorsich and now Barret are the fruits of this war.  

Mitch McConnell gets credit for holding the GOP together, but the GOP caucus discredits itself to me, for being spineless.  The Senate is supposed to be a moderate, deliberative body... at least tradtionally that is how it acted.  I would disagree with nuking the filibuster and going to majority rule, but as it is now the minority will dig in on everything.  

It wasn't just the Supreme Court.  The GOP hollowed out the lower courts under Obama to make room for the likes of Barrett and Rao later, completely changing the makeup of some courts. 

6 hours ago, bearrock said:

Of course, if votes from overseas military members received after election day didn't count, Bush would've lost FL. (They should've counted then, they should count now.  And in the 21st century, voting should be a hell of lot easier than it is right now in this country).

GOP doesn't want to make it easier

5 hours ago, visionary said:

It's not calming, but remember, many registered republicans ARE NOT voting for Trump this time.

3 hours ago, visionary said:

Ugh....(lots of worrisome replies agreeing to vote third party, etc....)

My assumption is a bunch of these progressives are talking loud online to show that they "support the cause" but will actually vote Biden when it's time. Nobody wants a continuation of this nonsense unless they have brain damage. 

Archived