Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Why is she doing this???  Does she want to lose???  WTF!!!  It's so close to the election. Let it alone. If he gets re-elected OK. But why now?  Seems ****nig stupid to me. 

Yeah, this is a head scratcher to me. Complete waste of time.

11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Pelosi announces a 25th Amendment commission to rule on President Trump's fitness for office
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Rep. Jamie Raskin unveiled legislation on Friday to establish a congressional commission exploring President Trump’s fitness to serve under the 25th Amendment, which lays out in the US Constitution a process by which a sitting president can be removed from office. Pelosi said that the creation of the commission had nothing “at all” to do with the November 3 elections when asked by reporters. The president, responding to the proposal on Thursday, called Pelosi "crazy" in a Tweet.

Why is she doing this???  Does she want to lose???  WTF!!!  It's so close to the election. Let it alone. If he gets re-elected OK. But why now?  Seems ****nig stupid to me. 

The snippet in Califan's post is misleading.  The commission would go in effect starting with the next presidency and would not effect the remainder of Trump's current term (it would be valid starting with his second term if there should be one).  It is a necessary measure that should've been in place a long time ago and creation of such a procecure by Congress is specifically authorized by the 25th amendment as an additional process on top of that outlined in the 25th amendment.

Her timing is wrong, but this is spot on.  The Trump Administration has raised questions about proper use of 25th Amendment.  This proposal is a bi-partisan commission of 16 people, plus a 17th chair who is selected by the 16 nominated members.  

This has nothing to do with removing Trump or Biden.. 

Why this can't wait until January?  Don't know...

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Yeah, this is a head scratcher to me. Complete waste of time.

Agreed. Why the **** would you getting in the way of Trump self-destructing? He's clearly doing enough damage on his own.

I think Pelosi is generally a pretty brilliant strategist but at times she pulls some major head scratchers.

Is she just trying to troll Trump into going even more ape****? Even if so, it just feels dumb this close to an election. 

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

The snippet in Califan's post is misleading.  The commission would go in effect starting with the next presidency and would not effect the remainder of Trump's current term (it would be valid starting with his second term if there should be one).  It is a necessary measure that should've been in place a long time ago and creation of such a procecure by Congress is specifically authorized by the 25th amendment as an additional process on top of that outlined in the 25th amendment.

Thanks for the info. That makes more sense but I think it's horrible timing still. 

3 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Her timing is wrong, but this is spot on.  The Trump Administration has raised questions about proper use of 25th Amendment.  This proposal is a bi-partisan commission of 16 people, plus a 17th chair who is selected by the 16 nominated members.  

The timing is difficult because in January, it would be more directly targetted towards Trump, unless they're gonna start with the POTUS after him.  (I'm personally skeptical on the timing issue too).  At least now, there's an argument to be made that by raising this issue now, she's concerned more with the appropriate procedure rather than directing something at Trump.  Whether that's what the public will perceive is a whole different ballgame.

Just now, goskins10 said:

Thanks for the info. That makes more sense but I think it's horrible timing still. 

Yeah.  I can certainly see it from your position (and may actually share it)

1 minute ago, Fergasun said:

Thanks, I should have read more carefully. I think it's a fair point then in general. But I also agree that this is a dumb time to do it. Why not wait until after the election?

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

It's not about Trump (unless re-elected) but establishing a more concrete process should something happen to any President in the future.

1 minute ago, TheDoyler23 said:

It's not about Trump (unless re-elected) but establishing a more concrete process should something happen to any President in the future.

Yea someone else filled me in. But I still think it's horrible timing. 

Just now, TheDoyler23 said:

Wouldn't that take a constitutional amendment though? The 25th Amendment is pretty clear about the process for removing a POTUS outside of his death or resignation.

Though there is one potential loophole:

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

But even if Congress could bypass the majority of the cabinet needing to sign off, the VP would still have to do so it seems.

Stop overreacting to what Pelosi is doing. No one voting for Biden is going to stop and think " ya know, Pelosi is putting something in place to help get rid of Trump if he goes even more bat**** crazy so now I'm not gonna vote."

Yea someone else filled me in. But I still think it's horrible timing. 

I'd consider it more like poor reporting than anything else. People see Pelosi and 25th amendment and fireworks go off. But it just looks more like a boring procedural situation. 

The President was seriously ill and is currently engaging in a massive and obvious coverup of his health and timeline. This shows a glaring need for Congress to be able to quickly act and investigate a situation like this in the interest of national security. Something I would hope both parties care about. 

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Wouldn't that take a constitutional amendment though? The 25th Amendment is pretty clear about the process for removing a POTUS outside of his death or resignation.

This also exists in a world in which both parties want to respect and follow The Constitution. 

20 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

This is Nancy firing shots, to be certain, but it’s got weight of truth behind it.  She’s telling the country that Congress is concerned the President might not be mentally fit.  So unwell, they fear, that they’ve started drawing up plans for dealing with it should they worsen.  Republicans will puff their feathers and grouse, but even some republicans have been asking if Trump is nuts or if his drugs are diminishing his mental health.  

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

My firm's brand new building is LEED certified gold, and it's exterior is literally all windows. 

FAKE NEWS.

I've seen PleaseBlitz's new office building. The TINY Green New Deal has rendered his windows UNUSABLE!! You can't get LIGHT OR AIR through them!

windows.jpg

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

"Honestly, I have no clue how all of those signs I put in my yard got a bunch of razor blades methodically attached to the bottom of them."

Those razors looks rusty as **** too so I hope he also got a tetanus shot. 

She should be charged. 

58 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

if i was so deficient in judgment as to go onto other people's property to remove conventional political signage--"even" trump stuff--i'm also likely to be someone who, even as a vandal in that moment, would seek some form of payback to any homeowner that would take such countermeasures, no matter how other people may view it

How about the Trump supporter in Iowa, a local businessman, who was caught stealing Biden signs and charged with misdemeanor theft.  There was a short write-up about the charges in the local paper.

So the yuck-a-putz doubled down.  He was caught on camera at multiple locations stealing the newspapers, presumably so people couldn't read out about his earlier theft charges.  So now he's a twice-charged thief.

3542758-B.jpg

https://www.dickinsoncountynews.com/story/2839758.html

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

This is Nancy firing shots, to be certain, but it’s got weight of truth behind it.  She’s telling the country that Congress is concerned the President might not be mentally fit.  So unwell, they fear, that they’ve started drawing up plans for dealing with it should they worsen.  Republicans will puff their feathers and grouse, but even some republicans have been asking if Trump is nuts or if his drugs are diminishing his mental health.  

I get it, I really do, Just seems like really bad timing. The dude is self destructing. The only thing that can save him is to get in his way. People are very fickle. And lets be honest, it's not like Biden is a most beloved creature. Many people are voting for him becasue they hate trump. 

May turn out to be nothing. But I would have preferred they wait. You waited this long, why not another few weeks? 

Just now, Burgold said:

Yeah, it would, but I don't think there is a Republican out there who has the courage or sense of patriotism to do it.

Yeah pretty much, even if they think it in private.

I mean for ****'s sake...Trump regularly exhibits behavior patterns that would cause any of us to immediately make an appointment for our elderly loved one to see a neurologist, yet the most we ever get out of the GOP is usually silence and occasionally "Mild Concern" (™ Susan Collins).

33 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

How about the Trump supporter in Iowa, a local businessman, who was caught stealing Biden signs and charged with misdemeanor theft.  There was a short write-up about the charges in the local paper.

So the yuck-a-putz doubled down.  He was caught on camera at multiple locations stealing the newspapers, presumably so people couldn't read out about his earlier theft charges.  So now he's a twice-charged thief.

For his next attempt, he'll reverse his combover and wear fake glasses. They'll never catch him after that.

1 minute ago, Corcaigh said:

There is that. Trilling the crazy person on steroids to drive any remaining independents away.

This, and to draw his fire away from Biden.  A normal candidate would be laser focused on the race he is actually in, but Trump has zero discipline and is also a lunatic on drugs.  Maybe Pelosi is trying to goad him into a fight with her so Joe can go about his business.  

Archived