Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/08/politics/gretchen-whitmer-kidnapping-plot-cnntv/index.html?fbclid=IwAR2fQCbXwYTBNSJFZLwA1XR2toLXwxXGgBIMCmRQoAmuhddxuPRdFJGXpuY

Whitmer rips Trump campaign for attacking her after alleged kidnapping plot revealed

Washington (CNN)

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer said Thursday that attacks lobbed at her by President Donald Trump's reelection campaign after authorities announced they foiled a plot to kidnap her "tells you everything you need to know" about the difference between the President and Joe Biden.

A federal criminal complaint unveiled earlier Thursday said that 13 people were arrested in the kidnapping scheme aimed at Whitmer, a Democrat. The alleged plan included plans to overthrow several state governments that the suspects "believe are violating the US Constitution," including the government of Michigan and Whitmer.

Following the announcement by federal and state officials, Trump campaign senior adviser Jason Miller lambasted the governor, who had tied Trump's rhetoric to the plot in earlier televised remarks, saying she "wakes up everyday with such hatred in her heart" for Trump.

"You know, the fact that after a plot to kidnap and to kill me, this is what they come out with. They start attacking me, as opposed to what good, decent people would do is to check in and say, 'Are you OK?' -- which is what (Democratic presidential nominee) Joe Biden did," Whitmer told CNN's Erin Burnett on "Out Front."

"I think that tells you everything that's at stake in this election," she said. "It tells you everything you need to know about the character of the two people on this ballot that we have to choose from in a few weeks.

Trump slammed Whitmer later Thursday in a series of tweets, falsely claiming she called him a "White Supremacist" in her remarks, complaining that she did not thank him and saying she's doing a "terrible job" at governing.

"Governor Whitmer of Michigan has done a terrible job. She locked down her state for everyone, except her husband's boating activities," he wrote, urging her in another tweet to "open up your state, open up your schools, and open up your churches!"

Whitmer said that she's asked the White House and Republicans in her state to decrease the level of inflammatory rhetoric they put out that she said helped spark the alleged plot.

"We know every time that this White House identifies me or takes a shot at me, we see an increase in rhetoric online, violent rhetoric, and so there's always a connection and certainly it's something that we've been watching. But this took it to a whole new level," the governor said.

She continued: "I have raised this very issue with this White House and asked them to bring the heat down. I have asked leaders, Republican leaders in the state -- let's bring the heat down."
Whitmer has been the target of multiple death threats in light of her coronavirus response efforts and decision to issue stay-at-home orders. In April, protesters and militia gathered at the state Capitol for a rally, gridlocking the streets to call for Whitmer to lift her stay-at-home order.

Trump and other Republicans had repeatedly attacked her for the measures, with the President saying on Twitter earlier this year that residents should "liberate" the state.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-interview-when-you-catch-covid-you-get-better-immune-1072859/?fbclid=IwAR2o164iH5RwwoqQxQ6rLm9jq6OCR4VX2ViRqnTXGxFDSpdab5tTB0i1i1o

New Bonkers Interview: Trump Says He Beat Biden in Second Debate, an Event That Has Yet to Happen

The president also made false claims about Covid-19, touted unproven drugs, and viciously attacked Kamala Harris, calling her a “monster” twice as well as a “communist”

In his first live interview since announcing that he tested positive for the coronavirus, President Trump called into Maria Bartiromo’s Fox program on Thursday and wasted no time in proving that he is still an awful human being.

The president, with guidance from the Trump sycophant Fox host, hit many of his usual unhinged, baseless, racist, dangerous, callous, boast-filled notes during the 55-minute call-in interview.

Trump said nothing about the slew of people in his administration who have contracted the virus and suggested, without providing any proof, that Gold Star families may have passed the virus onto him because “they wanna hug me and they wanna kiss me.”

Trump’s barrage of the lies began after he said he will not abide by the format changes announced by the Commission on Presidential Debates. These changes were spurred by him testing positive for Covid-19.

The president said he will not participate in a virtual debate, planned for October 15, because the commission’s action is all a ruse to protect Joe Biden. Trump also claimed that not only did he beat Biden in the first debate but that he also scored a victory against his opponent in the second debate — the future debate that he had just told Bartiromo he would not attend.

“I heard that the commission a little while ago changed the debate style, and that’s not acceptable to us. I beat [Biden] easily in the first debate, according to the polls that I’ve seen,” Trump said. “But I beat him easily, I felt I beat him easily. I think he felt it, too. He wouldn’t answer any questions and he had the protection of Chris Wallace all night long. I thought Chris Wallace was a disaster.”

Trump continued, “But I beat him in the first debate. At the second debate, we had a never-Trumper as a host, but that’s OK because I beat [Biden] in the second debate also.”

Trump went on to falsely claim that once someone is infected with the virus, they not only get well but they are then immune.

“Remember, when you catch it, you get better, and you’re immune,” Trump said.

But more than 211,000 Americans have died from the virus and the president’s claim of immunity has not been proven. In fact, as Vox’s Aaron Rupar points out, scientists and researchers have discovered multiple cases of reinfection, one in America, and others around the world.

The president also viciously attacked Democratic vice-presidential candidate Kamala Harris, twice referring to her as a “monster” and made the absurd claim that she is a “communist.”

“This monster that was on stage with Mike Pence, who destroyed her last night, by the way,” the president said, “But this monster, she says, ‘No, no, there won’t be fracking’ … Everything she said is a lie.”

The president of the NAACP, Derrick Johnson, responded to Trump’s unhinged attack of Harris in a tweet, writing, “We condemn in the strongest possible terms Trump’s ugly & offensive characterization of a sitting Senator and first Black woman on major party presidential ticket. Hatred has no place anywhere, especially not in White House.”

The bizarre interview continued with Trump citing his supporters who gather together on boats and trucks as proof positive that polls showing him getting trounced come November are all a sham.

“I don’t believe the polls because we’ve never had this much support. They have a boat thing that they have 5,000 boats. They have thousands of trucks all over the country… The polls are rigged,” Trump said.

Trump went on and on, bragging about being nominated for a Nobel prize and calling on Attorney General Bill Barr to indict Hillary Clinton and others from the Obama administration.

Finally, as if we are not already living in a seemingly unending nightmare, Trump told the Fox host that he is protecting Americans from hell.

“I’m the only thing standing in the way [of Democratic control] because this country will go to hell,” the president said.

Among the 2016 electorate, Biden is winning 52/44.

4% of Clinton voters intend to vote for Donald.

6% of Donald's voters intend to vote for Biden.

3rd party voters break 38 Donald/54 Biden/25 Other.

Among the people who voted in 2018 but not 2016, Biden is winning 67/28. https://twitter.com/Autarkh/status/1314423461062668288

oh good so we’ve accounted for all 117% of the 3rd party voters 

13 hours ago, Destino said:

The reason is because President super spreader can’t be trusted on testing now that he’s refused to say when his last negative test was.  No one has any reason to believe he won’t show up contagious, and just lie about it, if it served his interest to do so.

That, and his disease-ridden entourage showed up at the first debate venue and refused to abide by the safety protocols set by Cleveland Clinic. 

Debate Commission staff who do the work to set up the venues were pissed off and revolted, which helped force the change.  And I don't blame them.  They shouldn't have to risk their health because some entitled assholes think they are above the rules.  The arrogance of those people is disgusting. Trump and his family are no better than the dickwad who struts into Walmart without a mask and then throws a tantrum about his rights being violated.

Honestly, yesterday I got halfway across a parking lot and turned around to go get my mask because I had forgotten. 

It happens to us all, and we "Humph!" about it...but it's worth it. 

And not to piggyback on the "how long I've been here" thread, but I wouldn't want to lose any of you.  I reached out to twa a few weeks back to see if he's ok, I told him not to make me worry, but he has made me do so. :mellow:

21 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Honestly, yesterday I got halfway across a parking lot and turned around to go get my mask because I had forgotten. 

It happens to us all, and we "Humph!" about it...but it's worth it. 

And not to piggyback on the "how long I've been here" thread, but I wouldn't want to lose any of you.  I reached out to twa a few weeks back to see if he's ok, I told him not to make me worry, but he has made me do so. :mellow:

How is twa holding up?

Archived