Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

10 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Wasting a lot of energy on this tax stuff.  Wake me up when tax laws were broken...

He is currently being investigated by NY AG and NYC DA for possible tax evasion. I am almost positive these tax returns were leaked by someone in their offices. 

You can’t show massive losses on your tax forms and then inflate your wealth to get loans from banks.

That’s fraud. 

10 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Wasting a lot of energy on this tax stuff.  Wake me up when tax laws were broken... the pope saying Trump is a sinner isn’t gonna sway an evangelicalist worrying about what Stacy is doing the next state over....

How's the sand taste?

57 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The report I saw that the lenders weren't identified.  Where'd you see that they're foreign?

Deutsche Bank is his biggest creditor and has had special access to Trumps returns since 2011. 

Also, any bank loaning him money without seeing his tax returns and figuring out he is near broke, is either committing really bad banking practices or wants ownership.

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

He is currently being investigated by NY AG and NYC DA for possible tax evasion. I am almost positive these tax returns were leaked by someone in their offices. 

You can’t show massive losses on your tax forms and then inflate your wealth to get loans from banks.

That’s fraud. 

I thought they were still fighting in court to get his tax returns

10 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I thought they were still fighting in court to get his tax returns

Last I heard was that a federal court tossed out his claims after the SC told him to piss off and asked the lower courts to make the final call. My assumption was that at that point, his bank or accounting firm had to turn over the tax returns.

48 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

They even repeat the apostrophe mistakes lol...("movie's", "teen's")

Its little stuff like that, thats supposed to make it easier to catch them. But I argue average (the stupid majority of) Americans dont even know that stuff anymore so its a moot point. 

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Its little stuff like that, thats supposed to make it easier to catch them. But I argue average (the stupid majority of) Americans dont even know that stuff anymore so its a moot point. 

I think it was @Corcaighwho shared a while back that the email scams everyone gets INTENTIONALLY include grammar and spelling errors, because they don't want to waste their time on people who are sharp enough to detect such things.

This is a little different (maybe), but I'd imagine a similar thought process prevails in that the target audience isn't going to be put off by such errors and might even find it more persuasive that way.

Notwithstanding the macro implications of the tax issue, like the fact that they compromise Trump and make him a national security threat, but the timing of this is impeccable coming 48 hours prior to the first debate.  This is going to get at least 10 minutes tomorrow, and is exactly the type of thing Chris Wallace will dig into and not abide a bull**** response.  Trump's only option is to say it's all a lie.  Biden has a few options on how to handle that, my favored response being to point out that if Trump had a penchant for honesty, maybe people would believe him now, but sadly he doesn't, so he must release his tax returns like every other President in modern history.  

45 minutes ago, techboy said:

I think it was @Corcaighwho shared a while back that the email scams everyone gets INTENTIONALLY include grammar and spelling errors, because they don't want to waste their time on people who are sharp enough to detect such things.

This is a little different (maybe), but I'd imagine a similar thought process prevails in that the target audience isn't going to be put off by such errors and might even find it more persuasive that way.

Wow thats actually pretty clever I never considered that at all 

8 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@PleaseBlitz

"Fake news" and "I'm a smart businessman".... his supporters have been dumb enough to buy that for years...why wouldn't it continue to work?  

I just browsed to right sympathetic websites sites to see how this is being spun... "no russian link!!", "nothing illegal!!.  

I agree, and those people won't be swayed no matter what.  The debates are not for people who, like me, have already made up their minds.  The debates are for persuadable people.  For those folks, I think the fact that Donald Trump, a guy who tells everyone who will listen how rich he is, paid less in taxes during entire years than they probably pay in a month will be pretty tough to swallow. It may not be a decisive issue, but it's not helpful.  

Archived