Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

9 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Briefly on the Cantwell video, I find it funny how he's all "we're trying to be law abiding" but then mentions a time he pulled a gun.  I couldn't tell where he said that happened (sounded like "keen"), but if it was in VA, there is a law against brandishing a firearm.  Class 1 misdemeanor.

Also, even if not in VA, you generally shouldn't be pulling guns out.

Especially in front of cops (who were apparently present when he brandished a firearm).

Before Cantwell joined the alt-right and white supremacy movement, he was a hardcore libertarian who formed a tiny little club in his city called the Free Keene Society. 

They used to open carry and intimidate parking meter maids. Harass them and post the videos online. 

A lot of these alt-right guys are ex-libertarians. Die hard Ron Paul cats.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Well if nothing else this has sparked awareness and conversation across the range of topics related to this current social upheaval, historical, economic, etc., and IMO that is the one way this becomes worthwhile, that we all garner some value from this.

I have spent a considerable (possibly too much tbh) amount of time in recent days reading and researching details that I may have known hazily but was not entirely conversant with. Several of these have led me on to other issues, and so on and so on. Education and enlightenment and increased/improved perception don't just fall out of the sky, they take work but like anything else you get what you pay for.

I sincerely hope that the throngs all wallowing in their righteous anger do the same, invest the time and effort in knowing more, feed your soul, hone your ranting and raving to a fine edge, and become better people and better citizens because of this. This to me is how you honor Heather Heyer, seeing her as the latest in a long line of people that have been struck down in a fundamental battle between acceptance of darkness and aspirations to something better.

Knowledge is power

45 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Alex Jones also used to swear by Ron Paul, as did a lot of other conspiracy nuts.  Obviously not a coincedence

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Before Cantwell joined the alt-right and white supremacy movement, he was a hardcore libertarian who formed a tiny little club in his city called the Free Keene Society. 

They used to open carry and intimidate parking meter maids. Harass them and post the videos online. 

Make no mistake, libertarianism is directly tied to white nationalism.  Always has been... the ron paul zombies vehemently defending him when his white nationalist papers were outed, I mean, thats all you need to know.  One need only peel back a few layers of the onion

"Free markets" is code for doing away with welfare, planned parenthood, affirmative action, DHHS, and countless other programs that racists want to do away with.  You never hear them ranting about corporate welfare

• Like 3

Wrote that **** in '68, damn, Stan the man...............

Sad to think that I remember '68 and the whole cluster**** that it was, but somehow I thought something was accomplished, that it meant something, that we had gotten something for all the angst and anger that summer. Guess I was wrong

• Like 2

ICYMI:

The city of Boston has approved a permit for a controversial “Free Speech Rally” scheduled to take place on Boston Common Saturday.

After a meeting with Boston Police and city officials Wednesday morning, event organizer and Boston Free Speech Coalition spokesman John Medlar told WBZ-TV the city gave them the green light for the event to take place.
According to Medlar, the two parties agreed in the meeting that the rally will be barricaded by police.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/08/16/boston-free-speech-rally-white-nationalists-john-medlar-charlottesville-alt-right-fight-supremacy/

Round two, folks. 

11 minutes ago, zoony said:

Make no mistake, libertarianism is directly tied to white nationalism.

"Free markets" is code for doing away with welfare, planned parenthood, affirmative action, DHHS, and countless other programs that racists want to do away with.  You never hear them ranting about corporate welfare

While I am certainly not denying that there are such scumbags embracing the Libertarian label, as the board's token Libertarian, I disagree that such reprehensible reasoning permeates all of us. Maybe I'm the lone exception, or maybe I'm too delusional to understand my own shortcomings, but...

I am absolutely opposed to corporate welfare, as well as agricultural welfare.

I don't take issue with Planned Parenthood.

I am for vastly expanding legal immigration and guest worker programs, and have been vehemently opposed to Trump's Muslim ban.

I am an ardent supporter of free trade and am disappointed that both parties ran away from TPP.

I support a carbon tax.

I confess I am not ideologically pure enough for many snot nosed jerk off to Ayn Rand poster Libertarians. I consider myself first and foremost to be a pragmatic empiricist. I favor free markets because they work more efficiently, particularly in tech sectors, with less government interference.  HOWEVER, I also recognize the existence of market failures - sectors/areas where private enterprise is unrealistic (ie national defense, policing) or runs counter to the principle of utilitarianism (providing the most good to the most people). I want the government regulating the healthcare insurance market because market forces would otherwise exclude those who need coverage most. I deem regulating the financial sector as necessary because failures have the potential to damage large portions of the entire economy. I fully support government research as long as it can be conducted beyond the reach of politics because it has shown to be worthwhile (ie internet, GPS, medical advances) as far as cost to benefits. Likewise, I am in favor of the ExIm bank for the same reasons - only a pathological ideologue would want to dismantle a government program that makes a profit while promoting the most successful areas of our economy.

• Like 4

I do think that Zoony has a point that watching too much news, scanning the Twitter wire, etc can have an insidious effect. That said, I believe very little of it is "fake news". We watched the President say what he said, how he said it, and how our military leaders responded, how CEOs responded, how we responded. This isn't a matter of spin or brainwashing, or propaganda. What we are seeing and hearing is real. What people are responding to is real. When Nazis and Klansman gloat and cheer the President saying that he's on their side it has to be a clarion call especially when the President doesn't come out after the tweets from David Duke and others and say, "No!" that is something that ought to be taken very seriously.

Edit: and Stan is the man. This is one of the reasons why I was excited to get a chance to interview him though I felt political/social questions were inappropriate for that piece.

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

While I am certainly not denying that there are such scumbags embracing the Libertarian label, as the board's token Libertarian, I disagree that such reprehensible reasoning permeates all of us. Maybe I'm the lone exception, or maybe I'm too delusional to understand my own shortcomings, but...

I am absolutely opposed to corporate welfare, as well as agricultural welfare.

I don't take issue with Planned Parenthood.

I am for vastly expanding legal immigration and guest worker programs, and have been vehemently opposed to Trump's Muslim ban.

I am an ardent supporter of free trade and am disappointed that both parties ran away from TPP.

I support a carbon tax.

I confess I am not ideologically pure enough for many snot nosed jerk off to Ayn Rand poster Libertarians. I consider myself first and foremost to be a pragmatic empiricist. I favor free markets because they work more efficiently, particularly in tech sectors, with less government interference.  HOWEVER, I also recognize the existence of market failures - sectors/areas where private enterprise is unrealistic (ie national defense, policing) or runs counter to the principle of utilitarianism (providing the most good to the most people). I want the government regulating the healthcare insurance market because market forces would otherwise exclude those who need coverage most. I deem regulating the financial sector as necessary because failures have the potential to damage large portions of the entire economy. I fully support government research as long as it can be conducted beyond the reach of politics because it has shown to be worthwhile (ie internet, GPS, medical advances) as far as cost to benefits. Likewise, I am in favor of the ExIm bank for the same reasons - only a pathological ideologue would want to dismantle a government program that makes a profit while promoting the most successful areas of our economy.

Sorry, youre not a libertarian.  Neither is Larry, even though you both claim to be :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebluefood said:

That article is strange.  From start to finish it features the free speech rally organizer repeatedly claiming his group wants nothing to do with white supremacy while everyone else assumes it must.  I predict extremely low attendance.  

Also, I thought round two was the clown on clown showdown in DC.  Juggalos versus Trumpos.  

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If it was going to be in DC I was going to take my camera down there and see what shots I could get.

You should. Can probably get some really good stuff. But be careful bro. I dont wanna be reading about you on here like you wont be back, feel meh? Gonna be some dudes looking to hurt people there. And I dont just mean the Nazi's 

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You should. Can probably get some really good stuff. But be careful bro. I dont wanna be reading about you on here like you wont be back, feel meh? Gonna be some dudes looking to hurt people there. And I dont just mean the Nazi's 

Well I was gonna dress like a Juggalo.  And make @BornaSkinsFan83 dress like one too and come with me.  

• Like 1

Another one bites the dust.

Johnny Monoxide fired from his job. As an electrician. In SF (that will make zoon happy).

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/08/16/san-francisco-electrician-out-job-connection-virginia-rally/

31 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well I was gonna dress like a Juggalo.  And make @BornaSkinsFan83 dress like one too and come with me.  

Can you please tell them how magnets work.

Edited by The Evil Genius