Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

I'm not assigning every single problem with the GOP to one person with absolutism. Nice try.

The GOP has had these problems for a while. Romney was, and to some degree still is, a major person to the GOP. Ryan, McConnell, et al are releasing tweets and facebook statements. Some of them are going in front of a camera for a few minutes.

None of that is hard. It's easy. It's far from impressive. Especially when you realize they all have large staffs to help them write, proof read, and re-write the statements.

What they've done is exactly nothing - they've release a statement that lets their supporters feel like they've done something, while they've done absolutely nothing.

It takes no effort or courage to condemn nazis. None. That's why Trump's inability/unwillingness to do so is so infuriating to so many. It was put up on a stand like a baseball in teeball, and the idiot couldn't even get it out of the infield.

Doing away with the dog whistles, the ingrained appeal to white supremacists and nationalists that the GOP has, retooling your party such that it actually roots out and condemns that which leads to entire states being called out for race-inspired gerrymandering.... that's hard. That would be impressive. That would mean something.

Haven't really seen it from their leadership.

Probably wont, if their core constituents considers a facebook post impressive.

You pretty much want the GOP to act like and support the positions of Democrats.  That's not going to happen.  There's really nothing they can do to gain your praise.  Your die has been cast.

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

You pretty much want the GOP to act like and support the positions of Democrats.  That's not going to happen.  There's really nothing they can do to gain your praise.  Your die has been cast.

You think it's too much to ask for the GOP to not pander to (best case) or outright show support for (current situation) white supremacists? Too much to ask for the GOP to not try to rig elections via gerrymandering and voter suppression? 

Really feel like these shouldn't be exclusively "positions of Democrats." 

• Like 3

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

You think it's too much to ask for the GOP to not pander to (best case) or outright show support for (current situation) white supremacists? Too much to ask for the GOP to not try to rig elections via gerrymandering and voter suppression? 

Really feel like these shouldn't be exclusively "positions of Democrats." 

Again, you are applying the idiocy of the POTUS to every GOPer.  Romney's statement was impressive.  And did exactly what you are asking.  Yet it get's ignored.

18 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

So what would you be happy with him doing?

I'm happy with what he said, but calling on Trump to resign would be better :) 
I would like to see some Rs vote for censure(not going to happen). It's an entirely symbolic move, but it would be taking a stand. Proclaiming your disgust with white supremacists while not mentioning Trump scores zero points with me. Goes without saying, you would hope.

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Again, you are applying the idiocy of the POTUS to every GOPer.  Romney's statement was impressive.  And did exactly what you are asking.  Yet it get's ignored.

Romney isn't the Republican Party. He's a man that once ran for President as a Republican. 

60% of Republicans supported Trump's response to Charlottesville. That's not "every GOPer" but it is way too ****ing many of them for you to pretend that this white supremacy problem isn't endemic to the Republican Party.

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Like 3

Just now, Bang said:

Trump called Romney a loser and was cheered.

Pretty much shows his standing with the base.

~Bang

I think it's a Republican base thing.

They pretend W doesn't exist. McCain and Romney are colossal losers in their eyes.

I cant wait to see how they paint Trump 10 years from now. They'll probably label him a Democrat.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

No I don't.

Not gerrymanding along racial lines is not supporting a position of the democrats. It's being against racist tactics of the GOP.

I do not like the democrats platform, but please continue to cast me as such so you can just walk away from the criticism. Just be impressed by facebook posts, then pretend I'm the one being unreasonable.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

Just now, tshile said:

No I don't.

Not gerrymanding along racial positions is not supporting a position of the democrats. It's being against racist tactics of the GOP.

I do not like the democrats platform, but please continue to cast me as such so you can just walk away from the criticism. Just be impressed by facebook posts, then pretend I'm the one being unreasonable.

I have to read that multiple times to make sure I'm following the multiple negatives correctly.  Gerrymandering along racial lines is ABSOLUTELY a Dem position.  Gerrymandering along political lines is absolutely done by both parties, just recently with the most success by the GOP.  And you aren't being unreasonable, you're just not going to accept ANYTHING ANYONE from the GOP side does until they do "XXXXXXX" first.  That's not unreasonable, it's just political.

8 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Romney isn't the Republican Party. He's a man that once ran for President as a Republican. 

You're taking the wrong track here.

It doesn't matter, what he did is an empty gesture.

I condemn nazis and white supremacists too.

There - Romney, a key figure in the GOP over the last 20 years, and I have done exactly the same thing.

Nothing.

Is that what qualifies as impressive today? A post on the internet? By a major political figure?

Seems pretty weak to me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

You're taking the wrong track here.

It doesn't matter, what he did is an empty gesture.

I condemn nazis and white supremacists too.

There - Romney, a key figure in the GOP over the last 20 years, and I have done exactly the same thing.

Nothing.

Is that what qualifies as impressive today? A post on the internet? By a major political figure?

Seems pretty weak to me.

Right, but my point was (agreeing with you) that actions speak louder than words and the actions of the actual Republican Party show support for white supremacists and racial gerrymandering. What Romney says is irrelevant (though a nice statement). 

Kilmer latching onto the words of Romney and others and saying "yes, see Republicans aren't racists" is understandable because I would hate for my political party to have evolved into something so... deplorable. But Romney doesn't represent the Republican Party anymore. Not even close. 

2 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Right, but my point was (agreeing with you) that actions speak louder than words and the actions of the actual Republican Party show support for white supremacists and racial gerrymandering. What Romney says is irrelevant (though a nice statement). 

Kilmer latching onto the words of Romney and others and saying "yes, see Republicans aren't racists" is understandable because I would hate for my political party to have evolved into something so... deplorable. But Romney doesn't represent the Republican Party anymore. Not even close. 

I actually just said I was impressed with Romneys statement.  I didnt take it any farther than that.  I dont think Romney is a racist or a supporter of nazi's.

The KKK announces a rally and the street shuts down, and 200 counter protestors show up, before it's even confirmed the KKK will show? 

How sure I we the KKK announced this rally?  Do they have a official twitter or something?  I understand the reaction, it's sort of inspiring, but that kind immediate big reaction is major troll bait.  Makes me wonder if someone over at 4chan isn't having a good laugh right now. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Saw a post from my friend in Durham.  Says the KKK/Nazis have been increasing their presence throughout the day and their plan is to march at 4pm.  

Alert the squadron of tuba players.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

You're kidding, right? tshile is a conservative at heart. He would settle for them not being an absolute **** show at every turn. So would I.

• Like 2