Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

Someone replies to one of my Nazis are evil tweets by saying commies are just as evil. I say there is a different history in America. He says that Soviet Communists are responsible for millions of murders too. I ask him how he feels about Putin and Russia. He says he 

When the FBI examines the dnc server instead of taking the word of a third party, you'll have something.

We're any votes changed? Believe me, I don't like Putin or commies, but I also don't like hysteria over nothing.

So, he's condemning Americans protesting Nazis and KKK protesters calling them commies all the while defending actual ex-KGB leaders and real commies. Oh, and saying that US Intel agencies and the leaders of the Army, Marines, Navy, US Senators, and Reps are all probably wrong.

How deep under the muck are these people? Do they even realize how far they are bending backwards?

Edited by Burgold

GOP think tank publishes article saying blacks had it better under segregation than liberalism and rap culture

Need to bookmark that one for the next time a gop drone asks me what it is they're supposed to do to make things better

• Like 1

Interesting interview with a former white nationalist who grew up in the movement.

Derek Black grew up in West Palm Beach, Fla., across the water from the president’s Mar-a-Lago mansion, which he drove past almost every day in a red pickup truck with a Confederate flag sticker on the back window.

His father is Don Black, a former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, and his godfather is David Duke. Derek was poised to help lead the white nationalist movement. And then he left, betraying his family and friends in the process.

On today’s episode:

We talk with Derek Black about the movement he left behind, and its role in America over the past year.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/22/podcasts/the-daily/former-white-nationalist-derek-black.html?rref=collection%2Fcolumn%2Fthe-daily

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Realizing that the real world is different than an internet echo chamber thta probably makes them all feel like Nazi Generals, saluting each other through their monitors 

The internet is the next battlefield. I know we all want it to be free and open for anything and everything but I have become convinced that the way to end this **** and ISIS is to disconnect these monsters from each other. Let them wither on the vine and died alone. 

How you do that, I have no idea. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The internet is the next battlefield. I know we all want it to be free and open for anything and everything but I have become convinced that the way to end this **** and ISIS is to disconnect these monsters from each other. Let them wither on the vine and died alone.  

You also weaken our ability to fight back using the same tools. No one hijack, i'm just making a point, but it's like the argument that removing religion would solve all the worlds problems. All you would do is remove one of the most tried and true effective methods of achieving power. All it will do is leave a vacuum, and something else will replace it, because power is the ultimate goal, power and   whatever will help get you there. Phones still exist, billboards still exist, newspapers still exist, and people will find a way to adjust. They always have.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You also weaken our ability to fight back using the same tools. No one hijack, i'm just making a point, but it's like the argument that removing religion would solve all the worlds problems. All you would do is remove one of the most tried and true effective methods of achieving power. All it will do is leave a vacuum, and something else will replace it, because power is the ultimate goal. Whatever will get you there. Phones still exist, billboards still exist, newspapers still exist, and people will find a way to adjust. They always have.

Point taken! This could be a topic by itself. 

I know that if necessary we could drive these people into a corner and remove them from it. But I guess if it was easy then it would be done. And I didn't consider any of the things you mentioned in my initial response. Things to think about. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Point taken! This could be a topic by itself. 

I know that if necessary we could drive these people into a corner and remove them from it. But I guess if it was easy then it would be done. And I didn't consider any of the things you mentioned in my initial response. Things to think about. 

I've thought about it myself, even all the way down to the really nasty stuff. But as much as I hate to admit it, unrelenting counterprotest and nationwide peaceful demonstrations is the way to go, for now at least. All the Fox News Joseph Goebbels bs in the world can't turn the tide of a bunch of white boys marching down the street carrying torches dropping Nazi catchphrases, carrying shields, throwing, blood, piss (or whatever the hell that was I was seeing) and running over people like ISIS terrorists. They're making it easy. Violence (of the not self defense variety) would likely only turn away those dumb enough to be on the fence.

Still doesn't stop me from at least wishing that every one of those assholes got hit by a meteor

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I've thought about it myself, even all the way down to the really nasty stuff. But as much as I hate to admit it, unrelenting counterprotest and nationwide peaceful demonstrations is the way to go, for now at least. All the Fox News Joseph Goebbels bs in the world can't turn the tide of a bunch of white boys marching down the street carrying torches dropping Nazi catchphrases, carrying shields, throwing, blood, piss (or whatever the hell that was I was seeing) and running over people like ISIS terrorists. They're making it easy. Violence (of the not self defense variety) would likely only turn away those dumb enough to be on the fence.

Still doesn't stop me from at least wishing that every one of those assholes got hit by a meteor

To just pick up on one thing you said that I resonate greatly with -- I have always subscribed to the idea that peaceful protest solves nothing. Its exactly what they want you to do. Dont ask me who they is. Whole other topic. But suffice it to say, as I age I have realized im much more Brother X than I am Dr. King if you get my meaning. 

But recently that idea has been finding its way out of my mind; and because, of all people, white people. Its wild the change that can be made with simple solidarity. Charlottesville, as horrible as the end result was, really gave me alot of hope for the future. Its all still super blurry, but there is so much more there today than there was last year. Its crazy!

But again, you are right. The folks on the fence probably make up the majority of the country, and they are being forced to the good side rather they realize it or not. And they are being forced that way by the bad guys, not us. Im not advocating violence BTW, just completely forcing these dudes into a lonely, isolated obscurity. There is no echo chamber if there is no chamber to fill with voices. But that takes a whole different level of big brother that I am not comfortable with.  

Edit: Also - good series of posts. Thought provoking and I like that **** 

Edit 2: Chancellorsville ??? got damn auto correct ruins everything. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 2

And you can bet the "better minds" (I loathe to use that term) of the reactionary set - including the fascists - are licking their wounds and regrouping. The biggest mistake they could have made is revealing their true colors in Charlottesville. Were it not for the death of an anti-fascist worker and the injury of others, you could easily say that was a huge victory for the anti-fascist cause. 

But they will regroup and they will try to "rebrand" themselves. They will try again to show themselves as a more respectable bunch with relatively reasonable ideals and they will do everything they can to cool things off. They will continue to appeal to fascism's "hands and feet" (i.e. the frustrated working class and petit bourgeois) with more refined dog whistles. When they're called out on it, they will paint their opposition in a paranoid and unreasonable light. 

One of fascism's most effective and most insidious qualities is its vaporous nature - it's hard to nail down what fascism actually is and it can put on a wide variety of masks. Umberto Eco addressed this in his essay "Ur-Fascism" (which I suggest to anyone as a compact "guidebook" to fascism)

Fascism became an all-purpose term because one can eliminate from a fascist regime one or more features, and it will still be recognizable as fascist. Take away imperialism from fascism and you still have Franco and Salazar. Take away colonialism and you still have the Balkan fascism of the Ustashes. Add to the Italian fascism a radical anti-capitalism (which never much fascinated Mussolini) and you have Ezra Pound. Add a cult of Celtic mythology and the Grail mysticism (completely alien to official fascism) and you have one of the most respected fascist gurus, Julius Evola.

He goes on to define 14 points of eternal or "Ur-Fascism" 

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/1995/06/22/ur-fascism/

They will be back and it will be harder to fight them - if they play their cards right. 

Fascists of most stripes realize this and they will use its fuzziness more effectively. 

Edited by thebluefood
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

To just pick up on one thing you said that I resonate greatly with -- I have always subscribed to the idea that peaceful protest solves nothing. Its exactly what they want you to do. Dont ask me who they is. Whole other topic. But suffice it to say, as I age I have realized im much more Brother X than I am Dr. King if you get my meaning. 

But recently that idea has been finding its way out of my mind; and because, of all people, white people. Its wild the change that can be made with simple solidarity. Charlottesville, as horrible as the end result was, really gave me alot of hope for the future. Its all still super blurry, but there is so much more there today than there was last year. Its crazy!

But again, you are right. The folks on the fence probably make up the majority of the country, and they are being forced to the good side rather they realize it or not. And they are being forced that way by the bad guys, not us. Im not advocating violence BTW, just completely forcing these dudes into a lonely, isolated obscurity. There is no echo chamber if there is no chamber to fill with voices. But that takes a whole different level of big brother that I am not comfortable with.  

Edit: Also - good series of posts. Thought provoking and I like that **** 

Edit 2: Chancellorsville ??? got damn auto correct ruins everything. 

I'd still qualify as "colored" back then, but from a non black perspective, I've always viewed the X/King dynamic as a very simple one. Certain people always get riled up when there is a visceral response to a visceral action. My response (as im sure people have seen me post it before) is always that hate breeds hate. A boy with an alcoholic father who beats his mother will likely grow up to be that very same man that he grows to loath. A child, psychologically abused and locked away several times by their parents may grow up to be emotionally detached from society, still seeing that blank wall everywhere they go, scared and afraid to trust, and angry at the fact that they cannot. A child that was sexually abused may grow up to be a sexual predator themselves. There are many things that I've grown to understand. Two of the most important ones, are "You are the choices you make," which my Dad always used to tell me, and still does. Then there's the one I've learned over time, and that is we are all the product of of our environment, our upbringing, and the times we live in. And both of those intertwine with each other at various sections

Malcom X and NOI (and the Black Panthers) would be a very natural reaction to the war being waged on blacks across America. It's an angry and fed up response to the  treatment of African Americans. I think King was the much harder path to follow, and im sure a lot of families were having arguments over it. I think it takes a ton of wisdom and courage to do what King did. I can say from my own experience that although hate breeds hate, love propagates love, and although it is an absurdly more difficult path than basically saying "**** all of you, burn this **** down," with love, more can be accomplished than the alternative.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

How you do that, I have no idea. 

It's THE battlefield. Charlottesville was the Internet come to life. And we can only hold it off for so long. Charlottesville was just the start. It'll pop up into the real world more and more in the years to come. Until eventually they are synonymous. So go look at a YouTube comment section and ask yourself if you want that to be our way of life. 

I don't have answers either. I just know we desperately need the federal government and their vast resources tackling it head on. I'm praying Mueller recognizes the threat (it's most definitely tied to Russia) and sounds the alarmn

• Like 1