Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Newsweek: Alex Jones and Other Conservatives Call For Civil War Against Liberals

Springfield

• 5 weeks later...

Infowars host Alex Jones to be deposed in defamation suit brought by Sandy Hook parents

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — A Connecticut judge has ruled that Infowars host Alex Jones must undergo a sworn deposition in the defamation case brought against him by family members of Sandy Hook school shooting victims.

Discussions on Jones' web show have called the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre a hoax, and lawsuits by families of eight victims and a first responder say they've been subjected to harassment and death threats from Jones' followers.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am officially entertaining the idea of splitting the country. I really do think we are in the midst of a cold Civil War and a few events from triggering actual violence.

Avoid violence and consider how we can peacefully separate:

Conservatives can have the heartland, liberals will stay on the coasts. Everyone gets their own brand new constitution, and there is a two year grace period for people to relocate to the new country of their choice. 

Maybe even do something like the EU but a better version of it, where we have free movement and free trade, but get to have our own social laws and fiscal budgets.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

do something like the EU but a better version of it, where we have free movement and free trade, but get to have our own social laws and fiscal budgets.

I believe that is usually referred to as "states rights".

I don't think it is a horrible idea.  I've always believed the states should have far more power in how things are controlled within their borders.  The people that are unhappy with the way things are in their state can either vote people in that believe as they do or move to a state that like better.  It'd be a rude awakening to many states when they are required to raise and spend movey themselves.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, No Excuses said:

I am officially entertaining the idea of splitting the country. I really do think we are in the midst of a cold Civil War and a few events from triggering actual violence.

Conservatives can have the heartland, liberals will stay on the coasts. Everyone gets their own brand new constitution, and there is a two year grace period for people to relocate to the new country of their choice. 

Maybe even do something like the EU but a better version of it, where we have free movement and free trade, but get to have our own social laws and fiscal budgets.

No.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Boy, would the red states hate that. Other than Texas and Alaska, they'd have no money or production.

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I believe that is usually referred to as "states rights".

I don't think it is a horrible idea.  I've always believed the states should have far more power in how things are controlled within their borders.  The people that are unhappy with the way things are in their state can either vote people in that believe as they do or move to a state that like better.  It'd be a rude awakening to many states when they are required to raise and spend movey themselves.

This works in an ideal world but states rights are pretty crappy at dealing with a lot of major issues plaguing the country right now. For instance, liberal states can't effectively do gun control because of transport and sales across state lines.

And in our current environment, liberal enclaves pay the most taxes while working within a federal system that devalues the power of their vote and primarily caters to rural states and their values. So we pay more into governance and receive very little say in how this money gets used.

36 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Boy, would the red states hate that. Other than Texas and Alaska, they'd have no money or production.

They'll have free trade and access to economic markets of the coastal liberal states. They'd have ports along the coasts of southern states for trading with non-US countries.

Austin, Texas can be their Silicon Valley, if they can convince smart people to live in a hellhole that upholds White Christians above everyone else.

I think we're on the path to Civil War too.  It's not going to be like the first one.  It'll be decentralized, sectarian, and asymmetrical.  There will be pockets of martial zones throughout the country, and the operations of the anti-government blocs will resemble those from Syria--seizing control of local industries through violence, robbing financial institutions, acts of terror, kidnappings and other forms of extortion for fundraising, using human shields and drone strikes on civilian population centers, and a booming arms trade.

Liberals need to start arming themselves and organizing militias.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think we're on the path to Civil War too.  It's not going to be like the first one.  It'll be decentralized, sectarian, and asymmetrical.  There will be pockets of martial zones throughout the country, and the operations of the anti-government blocs will resemble those from Syria--seizing control of local industries through violence, robbing financial institutions, acts of terror, kidnappings and other forms of extortion for fundraising, using human shields and drone strikes on civilian population centers, and a booming arms trade.

So if you are correct and we are on that path your solution is to continue down that path?

We aren’t remotely on that kind of path. While we do have to push back against white nationalism, there are a lot of chicken **** internet warriors that would never actually do ****. 

Give all these right wing pundits a few weeks of not being in major east coast cities earning their paychecks and they will change their tune in the blink of an eye. Same goes for some of these congressman.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hersh said:

We aren’t remotely on that kind of path. While we do have to push back against white nationalism, there are a lot of chicken **** internet warriors that would never actually do ****. 

Give all these right wing pundits a few weeks of not being in major east coast cities earning their paychecks and they will change their tune in the blink of an eye. Same goes for some of these congressman.

The current progression of the GOP post Trump is to be even more extreme than it is right now. 

This country is a powder keg and the right wing media machine shows no signs of cooling it down with hateful rhetoric. The feedback loop of xenophobia/fear between the base and the media will drive them into ever more extremism. 

We’ve already seen a significant rise in right wing violence. I can’t imagine how much worse it will get if Trump loses and these people feel even more afraid and fearful.

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The current progression of the GOP post Trump is to be even more extreme than it is right now. 

This country is a powder keg and the right wing media machine shows no signs of cooling it down with hateful rhetoric. The feedback loop of xenophobia/fear between the base and the media will drive them into ever more extremism. 

We’ve already seen a significant rise in right wing violence. I can’t imagine how much worse it will get if Trump loses and these people feel even more afraid and fearful.

It’s not a powder keg. 

Do people here hang out with people that are from the other side of the political aisle? 

I am surrounded by guys on my hockey team that are right leaning or worse and none of these guys would ever pick up a gun or promote some kind of civil war or fight. They all know I’m a Democrat and there are certainly a few others but no one actually cares about what someone’s political affiliation is. Same with another group of friends (fraternity brothers) I hang out with and talk NC State sports. We don’t really talk politics and while they may support some dumbass ****, they love living in Democrat controlled Raleigh and surrounding areas. None of these guys are gonna arm themselves and fight a civil war or take up for white nationalism. 

Anecdotal but not in an all consuming political bubble.

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I've been thinking lately which would be worse for our country, Trump winning or Trump losing.  

Trump winning is worse. It’s not close

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I am surrounded by guys on my hockey team that are right leaning or worse and none of these guys would ever pick up a gun or promote some kind of civil war or fight. 

RINOs

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The tipping point will be food shortages resulting from climate change.  I don't know when they're going to happen, but they will unravel our rotten civil society when they do.  I am honestly expecting this to happen on a ten to fifteen year time scale.  I do not think we will act in time to prevent this course, nor do I think we will stockpile food and make the massive and necessary changes to mobilize our food production to cope with climate change and continue to feed our population.  Our government is broken and useless.

I'm hoping that the degradation in standard of living is gradual enough that we can cope, but how do you prevent/prepare for a serious crop failure happening out of the blue?  That's the kind of shock that would spark the war.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

People are far more comfortable picking on the defenseless (children, the elderly/autistic, etc), and hurling vile insults from the safety of the internet than they are literally dying for this ****.

I live in a very MAGA-ish area, and have gotten plenty of stares. No one has said or done a damn thing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

LOL. Move Right... seems reasonable.  Walk outside. Breathe deeply. The world isn't as crazy as CNN primetime.  

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

16 hours ago, HOF44 said:

Very true.  For hating the libtards they sure do love taxing them.

Nothing gets libtards riled up more than actually paying federal taxes rather than keeping them at home.  :evil:

13 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The tipping point will be food shortages resulting from climate change.  I don't know when they're going to happen, but they will unravel our rotten civil society when they do.  I am honestly expecting this to happen on a ten to fifteen year time scale.  I do not think we will act in time to prevent this course, nor do I think we will stockpile food and make the massive and necessary changes to mobilize our food production to cope with climate change and continue to feed our population.  Our government is broken and useless.

I'm hoping that the degradation in standard of living is gradual enough that we can cope, but how do you prevent/prepare for a serious crop failure happening out of the blue?  That's the kind of shock that would spark the war.

A water crisis like what happened in Flint would have all of Atlanta in the streets. 

Splitting the country will inevitably and probably very quickly lead to war between the two new countries. Hate doesn't go away, and there's plenty of it.

What else doesn't go away will be the problems created, and we all know which new country the propaganda of the hawks will blame. the Cons aren't suddenly going to care about their rubes, and as their lives get worse (damn hangers on sucking at teats and demanding "living wages" and 'school" ), you better believe a nice easy solution to be entertained is to get them to fight a war with the new Liberal states, and kill two birds with one stone. (and by "two birds" i mean as many poor people as possible.)

i say it's easier to just split Alex Jones.

Right through the forehead.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

A water crisis like what happened in Flint would have all of Atlanta in the streets.  

You're right.  There are so many issues coming down the road, issues that we're not going to be able to address with our broken government, issues that we're not going to be able to pay for.  I am genuinely surprised that people are optimistic that things are going to get better, or even just go back to the way they were.  That we're not going to have to pay the piper for climate change, and for having a broken government.  Food shortages and mass migrations are going to happen.  It's just reality.  The fact that we are not prepared for this in any way, shape, or form is also reality.  Societies collapse, and the sad history of societal collapses is that governments usually get worse and more self destructive as the stresses of the collapse set in.

Jared Diamond wrote a book about this in the early 2000's.  He's one of this age's great geniuses, and that book is an seminal work.  One of the findings that struck me was how disconnected people get from the larger contexts of their environments and the history of their societies.  People think that times of abnormal abundance that they live in are the norm when they stretch back through their living memory.  And that things like droughts aren't the norm because their view of what's normal is shaped by a very narrow perspective, when if they'd view their environment in span of decades, or even centuries, they'd see that their drought is actually their environment's normalization.  This is exactly what destroyed the Anasazi by the late Middle Ages.

Things like crop failures were one of humanities great calamities, pretty much up until the 20th century.  We think we've conquered the challenge of crop failure, but widespread suffering as a result of crop failure is actually a norm.  And the crop failures will become more frequent and severe, not less so.  Europe actually just went through a pretty major crop failure last summer.    What would happen if they experience two or three more in a span of four or five years?  You're talking about the collapse of their agriculture and food shortages in the most prosperous and developed societies on Earth.

How do you predict and prepare for something like a continent-wide crop failure?

12 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

LOL. Move Right... seems reasonable.  Walk outside. Breathe deeply. The world isn't as crazy as CNN primetime.  

Militias and arms are not inherently Right wing, nor antithetical to Left wing politics.  Hell, you could organize militias and still control arms, not that gun control is the defining issue of Left wing politics.

Militias and guns are tools that anyone can use.

• Like 2