Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Those Islanders had a pretty good run in the early '80s. I remember watching some of their playoff games around that time and wishing we had Billy Smith.

23 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Can we pin this thread until the start of the 2019 season?

My facebook profile pic of a framed Stanley Cup stays up until it's handed off to the next winner. Or unless the Skins reach the SB this year. 

21 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I am all for not allowing Wilbon back into the DMV ever.  Lifetime ban for the bum.

Once he left the post he stopped pretending to like us.  Used to love his columns in the Post until I figured that out.

On 6/8/2018 at 9:09 AM, Warhead36 said:

I just heard on 980 that they lost.

The curse has been passed onto the Mystics...we just needed a sacrificial scapegoat to serve as vessel to hold it.

Sorry Mystics.

Mystics are more like the Wizards then Caps, usually bounced by teams they shouldn't beat anyway.

My buddy I work with does wood working on the side. He has a CNC router in his garage. He knows what a big Caps fan I am. I went to his house today and he had made this. I was commenting on how awesome it was and he just gave it to me. It’s going right in the man cave. 

33895F1F-D20E-43D1-8B17-501DC7E01011.jpeg

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Exactly. I had never heard of the Easter Epic until a few months ago. I can recount every heartbreaking loss I've witnessed over the past 20 years with the 'Skins (and later the Nats) but I had no idea how much Caps fans have been suffering. I was only 7 when the '98 Stanley Cup happened - I remember my father telling me about it but it was kind of in passing and I was too young to really "get" sports in general, anyway.

The only thing I was really into at the time was Duckpin Bowling (#JustMarylandThings).

Reading up on the Capitals, though - you wanna talk about snake bitten? I think if I had experienced all that, I would have thrown every bit of team gear I had from the Wilson Bridge. Y'all, though - y'all stuck it out. That is some real dedication.

Plus, I would have been livid with the uniform change they did in the 1990s. I never liked those unis the Caps and Wizards had back then. It always seemed kinda dull. The original unis were so slick. 

72318897.jpg?w=420

68a9c8417423517245970c7a4b2e447f.jpg

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

has anyone seen Ovi lol

His wife has continuously been posting stories on instagram. As of about an hour ago Ovi was blasting and singing "We are the Champions" while heating up charcoal on the grill.  He was also rolling potatoes in aluminum foil for said grill.  

Guys, I’m sad.

It’s been a long time coming and like a snap of Thanos’ fingers it’s over.  We can’t relive this feeling again.  There’s no more hockey to watch and I love seeing the team bask in the glory, but to me there’s a great sense of “what next?”

Maybe it’s the uncertainty, or the fact that I’ve never felt this way before.  I took a nap this afternoon and had a dream about them celebrating the Cup and how glorious it is.  Then I woke up feeling sad about it.  I’m going to miss what this hockey season was and how it made all of us feel.  I just hope we get it again soon.

Sorry for being a bummer.

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Maybe it’s the uncertainty, or the fact that I’ve never felt this way before.  I took a nap this afternoon and had a dream about them celebrating the Cup and how glorious it is.  Then I woke up feeling sad about it.  I’m going to miss what this hockey season was and how it made all of us feel.  I just hope we get it again soon.

Schedule for 2018-19 should be out sometime next week.  Then you're going to blink and, voila, the next NHL season will be underway.

You won't have to wait an interminable amount of time for it to start again like you do the NFL.  And the Caps should get a lot of early season mileage of fan interest from winning the Cup. 

It does feel empty now because now I have to start going to baseball games again. Was at Nats Park Friday for the bobblehead and Saturday for the Cup at the park and just sititng there watching players mill around and then a pitcher tosses to a batter...it's not the same as a raucous hockey atmosphere. Don't get me wrong I love baseball but it's just not the same 

Just 3 or 4 months of baseball...and 2 months until football. Ugh. Gonna be boring. 

As for the all-access videos I combined the first 3 into a 50 min video here on my computer. Waiting for them to release the 4th series recap so I can complete it. Hoping to maybe burn that on a DVD or something, or even make my own Championship blu-ray with the All-Access videos...but my technological skill has limits (never tried burning a Blu-Ray in my life and I doubt I even have a blu-ray burner) 

I just spent an embarassing amount of money in the Caps store on championship gear and collecgibles.

Part of it is pent up want from boycotting redskins merchandise for the last 10 years.  The other part is realizing i have absolutely nothing from any of the 3 skins superbowls

20 minutes ago, zoony said:

I just spent an embarassing amount of money in the Caps store on championship gear and collecgibles.

Part of it is pent up want from boycotting redskins merchandise for the last 10 years.  The other part is realizing i have absolutely nothing from any of the 3 skins superbowls

I was prepared to spend money on a ticket for game 6 if it happened tonight. My championship gear budget is large from that and for not having another reason to buy Championship gear for the last 26 years. I placed my first order Thursday night. Putting together my second order now. I'll keep adding as new merchandise comes out. 

3 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

Everyone old enough to remember that probably remembers this. I remember most of the names of the players just by looking at their faces. Of course I watched this a bunch of times as a kid.

OMG I forgot about this how awesome "The dancing decibels " Eagle parking and all the home "white outs" It's all come full circle now

Archived