Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Great thing this summer: I’ll WANT to watch all the replay games on NHL network. Years past I never watched any, even the wins.

Jay Beagle won the hockey triple crown: ECHL Kelly Cup; AHL Calder Cup; NHL Stanley Cup.

Have a Rangers fan at work today that didn’t even say congrats. All he brought up was the 3-1 blown lead when they beat us.

I told him:

1. Nothing new. Everyone has beat us after being down 3-1, so you did nothing special and;

2. You can have that 3-1 comeback. We got the Cup Mother******!

:rofl89:

24 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Anyone want to grab me a couple of wash posts today?   According to my mom they are all sold out in Leesburg. 

Ill pay for shipping and the papers of course.  

I thought of that in the middle of the night last night, and forgot to call Mom.

If anyone thinks of us, and helps in this endeavor, I'm forever your beer buddy. ?

37 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Anyone want to grab me a couple of wash posts today?   According to my mom they are all sold out in Leesburg. 

Ill pay for shipping and the papers of course.  

16 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I thought of that in the middle of the night last night, and forgot to call Mom.

If anyone thinks of us, and helps in this endeavor, I'm forever your beer buddy. ?

You can order em online... https://subscribe.washingtonpost.com/backcopy/backcopy

I know, I have technically had a ****ty day.

I'm still finding a good reason to love being alive. 

#ALLCAPS 

44 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

I also remember a lot of us that weren’t too high on the acquisition of Smith-Pelly.

I hope you guys in the area got to listen to John Walton say st the end: Good afternoon; good evening and; good KNIGHT! 

:rofl89:

Here in ATL on the radio, they were the GOLDEN NUTS, dudes laughing in the studio...

WE'RE CHAMPIONS!!!!!????

Anyone know if the stuff that happened after the game is online anywhere?  I just watched the end of the game replay and it cut off while Holtby was hoisting up the cup.  I'd like to see the rest of it since I missed all of it last night while down in DC.  They showed it on the screen but you couldn't hear it.

And damn, if seeing Ovi hoist the cup didn't give me a creeper.  And with that epic music playing.  Wow.  Just wow...

I skimmed the first 41 pages of this thread.  Which surprisingly for a 400+ page thread took me through the ASB.

The consensus seemed to be that we were slow, Trotz couldn’t coach and kept shuffling the lines.  However, we were already cutting our teeth.  Coming back from being down, winning close games.  Beal has already called the Cup by the ASB.  Amazing.

13 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Anyone know if the stuff that happened after the game is online anywhere?  I just watched the end of the game replay and it cut off while Holtby was hoisting up the cup.  I'd like to see the rest of it since I missed all of it last night while down in DC.  They showed it on the screen but you couldn't hear it.

And damn, if seeing Ovi hoist the cup didn't give me a creeper.  And with that epic music playing.  Wow.  Just wow...

What happened in Vegas: All night with the Capitals and the Stanley Cup

Archived