Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

I'd like to give thanks to the Philadelphia Eagles for inspiring teams and fans everywhere. If their dirtbag city and trash team can win a title, anyone can and honestly it changed my perspective entering this playoffs that damn it we can be world champions too.

6 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

I'd like to give thanks to the Philadelphia Eagles for inspiring teams and fans everywhere. If their dirtbag city and trash team can win a title, anyone can and honestly it changed my perspective entering this playoffs that damn it we can be world champions too.

Lets face it though. Winning a SB championship is FAR easier than winning a Stanley Cup. (After all the Eagles did it without their superstar QB last year.). If you wrap up the #1 or #2 seed in football, then its only a matter of winning 3 straight games in the playoffs. Contrast that with hockey, where everyone from the #1 seed to the #8 seed has to win 16 games.

Look at all the joke franchises that have won  the SB in the last couple of decades: the Patriots (YEAH, I remember when they were a joke franchise on the verge of relocation!), the Saints, the Seahawks, the Colts, the Bucs, the Rams, the Ravens, the Broncos, and most recently, the Eagles. Much easier to do it in football than in hockey.  

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

As happy as we are for Ovie, we gotta be happy for Backy the same. He's been right there with Ovie for almost as long and will probably go down as the 2nd best Capital ever after 8.

That is why their hug last night celebrating was my favorite moment of the celebration. I can’t find a picture of it yet 

16 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I love Barry Trotz

4 seasons, 3 division titles, 1 cup

205-89-34 (.677 winning%)

205 wins is the most we've had during any 4 year-stretch in franchise history

If he does retire, no better time than now. 2nd best coach in DC sports history.

40 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Lets face it though. Winning a SB championship is FAR easier than winning a Stanley Cup. (After all the Eagles did it without their superstar QB last year.). If you wrap up the #1 or #2 seed in football, then its only a matter of winning 3 straight games in the playoffs. Contrast that with hockey, where everyone from the #1 seed to the #8 seed has to win 16 games.

Look at all the joke franchises that have won  the SB in the last couple of decades: the Patriots (YEAH, I remember when they were a joke franchise on the verge of relocation!), the Saints, the Seahawks, the Colts, the Bucs, the Rams, the Ravens, the Broncos, and most recently, the Eagles. Much easier to do it in football than in hockey.  

Def way waayyy easier to get hot for 3-4 games. My point stands though, as I saw the ****ing Eagles win the SB it made me think "God Damn it if the Eagles can win a Super Bowl the Caps and Nat's can break through and win a title". That was honestly my thoughts when the Eagles won.

I'm going to head to the Dicks in Columbia shortly and I hope they have Championship gear there.  My buddy went there yesterday before the game to get a shirt and he said they had a ton of stuff, whereas my wife went to Gaithersburg Dicks 2 days ago and they were bone dry.  Or I may hit up Modell's in Arrundel Mills.

10 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

Did you end up making a sign and if so, what did it say?

No. The CVS was too far to walk to get the needed supplies and they pulled the Ticketmaster inventory at around noon and I didn’t have a ticket so I spent all day before the game in a panic. You guys should have felt the electricity. Ton of Caps fans, we guessed 40%. Sea of Red before the game.

96892C5E-20BF-46A2-88D8-B30E34AF939B.jpeg

1 hour ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Def way waayyy easier to get hot for 3-4 games. My point stands though, as I saw the ****ing Eagles win the SB it made me think "God Damn it if the Eagles can win a Super Bowl the Caps and Nat's can break through and win a title". That was honestly my thoughts when the Eagles won.

You seriously thought the Caps had a chance THIS year? As Sollozzo said to Don Corleone in the Godfather: "Te Salut!"

That was something to experience last night.

Watching Backstrom and Ovechkin hug took me back to the Florida Panthers game in 2008. The regular season finale where the CAPS clinched the postseason for the first time in the "Young Gun" era.

The pure joy of last night was special.

Congratulations to the Washington CAPITALS. You guys earned it.

Archived