Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

I never saw a champion in my life in person. I followed sport in 2001 and saw years of misery, with the Redskins, with the Nationals, and the Capitals. All that was erased like a snap of the fingers of Thanos. All the pain, all the heartbreak, all the "choking", all the "DC Sports curse", gone.

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Fell asleep like a loser, missed it all...

I stayed up till 11:30 watching the final minutes and the celebration in the streets and then I drove home and went to bed. By that time it was 12. 

Then I woke up 4 hours later. About to shower and head out to the store to camp out for merchandise.

51 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I stayed up till 11:30 watching the final minutes and the celebration in the streets and then I drove home and went to bed. By that time it was 12. 

Then I woke up 4 hours later. About to shower and head out to the store to camp out for merchandise.

They need to have an important game like this on the weekend, not on a Thursday.

i cant say i am a big Caps fan..  but i think all of us are today. (I did watch every game of the playoffs. Happily on the bandwagon.)

Congratulations to all of you die hards, and to the Caps!

~Bang

I SCREAMED FOR ALL THE GOALS AND SOME OF THE SAVES, BUT WATCHING OVECHKIN MADE IT REALLY SPECIAL.

MY HISTORY WITH THE CAPS STRETCHES BACK TO PETER BONDRA, BUT I'M A REDSKINS FANS WHO ALSO SUPPORTS THE OTHER DC TEAMS REALLY. THAT SAID, THE UNFILTERED JOY IN OVECHKIN'S FACE WHEN THE WIN BECAME OFFICIAL, THE WAY HE LIVED AND DIED LIKE A FAN WITH EVERY MOMENT ON THE BENCH OVER THE LAST MINUTES, AND THE WAY THAT EXUBERANCE BUILT AND BUILT, RAW AND UNFILTERED, WAS JUST VERY REAL. THAT WAS PURE. THAT EXCITEMENT WAS REAL AS YOU SEE ON A THREE YEAR OLD'S FACE.

SO DAMN COOL. SO YEAH, THIS DOESN'T SUPPLANT THE REDSKINS SUPER BOWL WINS FOR ME, BUT IT IS A VERY, VERY SPECIAL THING AND I LOVE THAT I GET TO SHARE IT WITH MY HOME TOWN!

(AND SHAME ON ALL OF YOU FOR NOT TYPING IN ALL CAPS TODAY!!!)

10 minutes ago, Old Bay said:

Surreal.  Happy.  Cried.  

THANKS, BURGOLD...?

I DID TOO, WHEN THE CLOCK HIT ZEROS I LOOKED AT MY HUSBAND & SAID "THIS ISN'T A DREAM, THIS IS REAL!!" AND THE TEARS JUST KEPT COMING. 

So happy for the team...and for us fans!!!

HAIL TO THE CAPITALS! ???

5 hours ago, zskins said:

If anyone wants to call out in the morning then use this excuse:

"I can't make to work today. I have an extremely high Caps fever." :D

i called into work already.  Everyone was like we know you are taking off lol

Archived