Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

the last 5mins were torture. when it got to 2mins and they pulled the goalie my stomach was doing flips. then the ****ing clock delay had me literally jumping up and down. when the buzzer sounded everyone in my house screamed and yelled. 

I teared up for Ovi because my god does that man deserve this. he's always been so ridiculed for being the star but never getting his team there and winning it. his pure joy and excitement hit me right in the feels.

DC is finally a championship town again since '92. it's a crazy feeling. the curse is over and we got one in the Big 4!!

I'm speechless right now. 35 years of being a diehard Caps fan. I went to my first game at age 6 and fell in love with the game. I remember so many games at the Capital Center. The Jr Capitals club, waiting in line to get autographs after the game. My favorite is the one of Timo Blomqvist with a black eye after he was in a fight earlier in the game. Skating on the Capital Center ice after the game. Collecting a ton of hockey sticks at street hockey stick day and playing in our dead end with half of Kettering. Getting to go to a couple of playoff games as a kid. Just being at the game was so awesome as a kid. Moving away from the area didn't kill my enthusiasm for the team. I just couldn't go to games all the time but go to a few in Raleigh when I can.

But even with all of that, knowing nothing but disappointment in the playoffs. Even with the greatest goal scorer of this generation and perhaps one of the greatest of all time. It was just never enough. Until this year. This year is worth the wait. This year is amazing. I know these guys are special and they always have been. They deserve this. But so do all the former Caps. Labre, Gartner, Carpenter, Jarvis, Gould, Gustafson, Langway, Jensen, Riggins, Kolzig, Bondra, Hunter, and so many, many more. I know they are enjoying this as much as we as fans are enjoying it. 

local NBC just caught an amazing interview with Oshie. kept saying he was trying to hold back the tears but finally cracked when Lindsay Zorniak asked "who were you playing for" and he couldn't compose himself. apparently his dad has been ill and hasn't been traveling well. also mentioned his 2 little girls and them know they're dad did something.

these guys are giants and heroes in their respective fields/arenas but I think we sometimes forget what they're going through behind the scenes and how much pressure they're under. to see them finally let the emotions break free, whether win or lose, is one of my favorite things about sports

7 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Almost forgot:

16 Down. NONE to go!

pj, you kept the faith even when I kind of laughing at you during the Columbus series. Boy was I wrong. Guys like you and TryTheBeal kept us pumped and confident throughout this amazing championship run.

Archived