Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

10 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

I just thought of this. Our opening night game next season BETTER be:

Pittsburgh @ Washington.

It'll be that or Tampa for sure. But safe money is on Pittsburgh.

The more I think about it, the happier I get, especially for Ovie. He is OUR guy. We drafted him, we developed him, he's our hometown hero. He stood with us through thick and thin, took all the criticism to the chin, never made excuses, and now he finally wins this city a championship.

But its great that this town finally has a new batch of heroes. We don't have to go far back to the 80s/90s Redskins. Ovie, Backy, Kuzy, Holtby, Carlson, Oshie etc. 10+ years from now, some of those guys will be doing radio shows in the area, running celebrity golf tournaments, etc. Personally I think Tommy Wilson would make a great radio host.

Ok. Details 

it was my friend’s girlfriend’s birthday. She knows ppl that own this club St Yves in DuPont. She had a whole section for us. When we get there, my friend tells me the Caps are coming. I’m the only hockey fan in my group so i assume he’s just messing with me. Sure enough, 5 minutes later, they are there. Burakovsky, Wilson, Eller, Grubi, DSP, Oshie, Carlson, Backstrom, Vrana, ****ing Orpik, Bowey, Connolly, and a few more. Unfortunately they didn’t have the Cup but they were cool as ****. We took a bunch of videos. Oshie was ****ED UP lol. 

That **** was crazy as **** lol. 

I know I've said this before, but I want to say it again: I am so happy for you long time Capitals fans. I didn't get into hockey until about 8 years ago but watching the Caps bow out of the playoffs early time and time again throughout the 2010s was dreadful. 

I can only imagine what it must have been like for you all who've been supporting the team for 20, 30, 40+ years. I mean, the 'Skins and Nats have put me through some serious hell but nothing like the Caps. They took it to new levels but finally - finally - they did it. It's finally over.

The Washington Capitals are the Stanley Cup Champions and no one can take that away from you, the players, the organization, or the D.C. Metro Area. 

stanley-cup-capitals-golden-knights-hock

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I was 13 years old. When my parents made me go to bed, I listened to the rest on the radio with Ron Weber. I stayed up for the whole thing.

1) This is a large reason why I laughed derisively at anyone that suggested it'd be better for the Caps to win it at home. (The other was the "record" the Caps hold for most blown 3-1 leads in a sport that goes back like 125 years and they've only been around for 40 or so... and apparently it's actually for all 7 game series in any sport)

2) I may have made less time for the Caps as I've gotten older and sports has become less important to me, but as far as I'm concerned, this is my ticket to the dance. I ain't no bandwagon fan.

2A) Also, there is nothing wrong with jumping on the bandwagon. Sports are supposed to be fun.

3) I'm glad Ron Weber is still alive to see this, and that he got to participate a bit in calling one of the games. Such a Caps legend.

Bonus: My favorite player is Bengt Gustafsson. Thinking about this made me wonder what he's doing now... He's a coach in Sweden.

Archived