Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

4 hours ago, maxspruill21 said:

Holy hell I am hungover, been watching videos on winning the cup all morning. I think I need to keep celebrating. 

Truth. Stay on the horse. :806:

5 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Just ordered the DVD, a SC champ pennant and a SC 28” x 40” banner for my sports room. Promo code used at NHL.com and got free shipping.

How much was the pennant? That would do nicely in my she-man cave. ?

• ixcuincle changed the title to 2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread
5 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Caps had a lot of puck luck during the series.  I was on edge for the whole thing....but it's funny, this team was VERY close to sweeping (had games 2-5 stayed the same and if the Reaves x-check was called in game 1.) 

I think Vegas had ridiculous puck luck except game 4.  We hit posts, had goals go in off skates had crazy board bounces (the save) and Fleury had multiple matrix like moments.  Sprinkle in what I still believe to be ice tilting officiating and it really shows how much better that the Caps were. 

I really don’t think I believe this has happened. After decades of watching the Caps and never winning the Cup, it’s like I don’t know how to feel. I can’t wait to go to the parade and soak it in 

3 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Just ordered the DVD, a SC champ pennant and a SC 28” x 40” banner for my sports room. Promo code used at NHL.com and got free shipping.

I saw the pennant at 6 AM at Modell's on Friday but decided against it. Spent enough on the two tee shirts and the glass! 

8 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

What's the shipping situation on NHL.com. Amazon has legitimately made it so if anything takes more than 48 hours to arrive it's unacceptable. What a world we live in.

Forever which is why I rarely order online 

Most of my merchandise I simply purchased in person 

I just watched the PTI segment from Friday on the Caps.

2 thoughts: 

1. They started with 2 stories on the NBA because Wilbon is a paid NBA stooge.

2. His point about Ovi is stupid. He’s an all time great. Period.

I am all for not allowing Wilbon back into the DMV ever.  Lifetime ban for the bum.

8 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

What's the shipping situation on NHL.com. Amazon has legitimately made it so if anything takes more than 48 hours to arrive it's unacceptable. What a world we live in.

I ordered using promo code NHLFAN1 and got free shipping on NHL.com. I think it’s good until midnight.

Living in South Carolina, I have to order online. Need to have something to remember this by.

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I feel like Ovi is the living personification of every DC sports fan and we're all living vicariously through him.

I love that he's really just embracing being the God King of D.C.

It is truly awesome. No one has held my heart like this since Joey T.

19 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

5am

(admittedly it has been a number of years since I regularly used that station, but at the time the parking situation on weekdays was awful)

That's what I was afraid of.  I might try to get there fairly early (6:00ish), and if that doesn't work I've read that Dunn Loring might be a good alternative.

23 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Being a Caps fan in ATL sucks. Y'all holla for me, please?????

Consider yourself holla'd at because you're just as much a part of this as everyone else. 

Haven't really been keeping up with the scuttle here in the Harrisburg, PA area but I imagine there are some sulking Penguins fans out there. My boss (who is a Penguins fan) said he wanted to see Ovi win it so he's taking it in stride. 

And yes - Ovechkin is D.C.'s finest individual athlete in a team sport bar none. Johnson, Baugh, Unseld, and Hayes are up there of course but Ovechkin's gotta be number one.  

Archived