Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

7 minutes ago, c slag said:

I just re-watched game 3 on NHL network it had the "Hockley Night in Canada " telecast and to be honest liked the announcers better than the ones on NBC last night 

Any telecast that does not include Pierre is definitely better. I try to watch the Canadian coverage whenever possible. 

40 minutes ago, EBoz said:

Any telecast that does not include Pierre is definitely better. I try to watch the Canadian coverage whenever possible. 

Speaking of coverage I heard that legendary Ron Weber is going to do some of the pre game and first period on the radio side tomorrow night

2 hours ago, c slag said:

I just re-watched game 3 on NHL network it had the "Hockley Night in Canada " telecast and to be honest liked the announcers better than the ones on NBC last night 

I've caught a few streams from their feed.  Really like their crew.

Wouldn't surprise me if Vegas steals this one but if they Caps keep doing what they're doing (slowing the pace through physical play, excellent goaltending, taking advantage of scoring opportunities) the Knights are gonna be in heap o' trouble.

Granted, hockey's not my #1 sport, but I've followed the team since the Bondra/Kolzig days.  Anyways, at my office, the only other person who will talk NHL happens to be from Vegas.  She was annoying as hell after game 1.  Hasn't said **** since.  When I saw her this morning, she said, "don't even start today!" LOL

20 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I get the feeling Vegas is going to adjust and get at least one more.  Defensemen have been iffy clearing the puck thus far and every flub tonight could be deadly.

Gerard Gallant does not adjust.

My co-worker is a huge hockey fan but is a huge Penguins fan. He had...mixed feelings about this series, to say the least.

And I do agree that Vegas probably won't go quietly. Best case scenario: I'm wrong and we party early. Next-to best case: Caps win tonight but Vegas gets one back home. They come back to D.C. and wrap this up at home.

It would be the first time a D.C. based team has won a championship at home since the 'Skins did it in 1942. The American League Nationals/Senators did it in '24 and the Bullets won their 7 game epic on the road, in Seattle, in 1978.

Holtby is locked in that's all I know at this point. And when a goaltender is locked in, the opposing team can sometimes start overthinking themselves.

Trotz had better have told them to stop with the no-look passes and cute crap in their own zone. Simple plays - get it out.

Caps have to win it tonight. Give themselves 3 chances to hoist the cup. It sure would be nice if they conquered the step on a teams neck and don't let them off the mat playoff demon. I cannot believe how close we are after all the years of agony and waiting. Score quickly and don't look back. I want Max Scherzer on the rally horn tonight.

47 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Look at all the Nervous Nancies out this morning. No room for wussies on this bandwagon, ladies! After a shaky first period, Caps come out and steamroll these jabronis in the 2nd and the 3rd. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a gentlemen's sweep, and when I say Vegas probably gets 1 more I don't necessarily think tonight, but Vegas is a good team.  Every time we've thought we'd figured someone out before we've been wrong and then have to claw back after a setback.

We can definitely win 2 more in a row, but things are never as easy as we hope.

Archived