Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

4 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Novice here - but the Caps look clearly better than Vegas. To me, Vegas seems like a less talented Tampa. Am I missing something? 

As someone mentioned, they have great depth but less top end talent, besides Fleury.

The thing that sets them apart from other expansion teams is that they picked guys who helped make them a fast team in a fast league.  Thanks to the way teams could protect players (7 forwards, 3 defensemen, 1 goalie), lots of teams left 2nd line players and 2nd pairing defensemen exposed, and Vegas gobbled them up (like they did with Nate Schmidt).

So their first line is kinda meh, their 2nd line generally pushes, but their 3rd and 4th lines generally beat the opposing team's, and defensively they don't really have any stinkers; like most teams usually have one or two defensemen who are just not that good bc of cap issues from paying their top-end talent, but Vegas doesn't.

They also drafted speed well, so they match up really well with the main metagame right now.

But the big difference for them in the playoffs has been Fleury.  His numbers in the previous rounds were very good.  Of the 15 games prior to this series he's given up goals like he has so far (10 goals in 3 games) only once, in a 4 game stretch in round 2 where he gave up 14 goals (vegas went 2-2).

Outside of that 4 game stretch, teams have scored 13 goals in 11 games, which is crazy low scoring, and the Knights have gone 10-1.

That, to me, is the main difference.  We're making it past Fleury more than 1.18 times per game.

11 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Enjoy it while you can friends. Not to rain on your parade but tonight is probably the last Stanley Cup home game the Capitals will ever play for at least a year.

I think I’ll go to DC on Thursday if they manage to win tonight.

21 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

LOL.  In this case it was my suite-tickets-and-Jose-Andres-food-and-good-booze habit.  Which, yes, i need rehab.

No no, you just need a good wingman.  Did I ever mention that my nickname is Goose?

download.jpg

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It's mid-afternoon Monday and I'm just now feeling recovered from Saturday's festivities.  TIME TO DO IT AGAIN.

Glad im not the only one. 

At one point I was hanging out a car on 395 yelling gocaps at other cars

so woke up with 20 pictures on my phone I don’t recall taking

14 minutes ago, tshile said:

Does anyone have a link to the intro they put on the screen in the arena before game 3?

ive heard some people talk about it but can’t find it anywhere 

Not my best cinematography, but this'll give you the gist.

1 minute ago, pjfootballer said:

Gotta be up at 5:15 for work. No drinking. 

But I did wash the Lucky Red Drawers and put them on when I got home from work. 

#metoo.  Stfu snowflake.  Pour a bourbon. We got this!

I’m fired up, it’s weird being around town after being at game 3 and not seeing capitals gear everywhere. I’m going to be hungover and tired at work tomorrow and I simply don’t give a **** because it’s the Stanley Cup FINALS. Let’s GOOOO CAPSSS!!!!

Archived