Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

All I remember about last night is drinking heavily with my old college friends before the game, at the Green Turtle, and then after the game at the Green Turtle. We must have had like 20 beers total, and that is a generous estimate. didn't get back until 2 AM. 

Intense hangover today but it was worth it. 

14 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I'm not discounting the possibility that at my age (37) and with predictions of my generation having an average lifespan that just barely exceeds 100 years, that this will probably be the last time I ever get to see a DC team play for a championship. Let's do this, mother****ers!!!

Where have you seen the average lifespan projected to reach 100?  I'm 38 and figured I was halfway done.

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I feel like we may have figured Vegas out. In the last two games they essentially only have one even strength goal(yesterday's goal was just pure gaffe by Holtby). On the flip side, in three games we've scored ten goals on Fleury and nine were even strength. I could see us getting even more, Fleury is super aggressive but leaving the backdoor stuff wiiiide open.

They're deep, but with a healthy Kuzy and Backy are top two lines are CLEARLY better than there's. Now their third and fourth line might be better, but not by enough I don't think to win them the series(and our 4th line was super last night). I think our DMen are better too and so far, Holtby has outplayed Fleury.

Would love to see us gentlemen sweep these guys. Its Las freaking Vegas, they need to wait their turn. We deserve the Cup. It is ours.

Caps look like a better team on even strength.

Just cannot get suckered into playing their game and giving up stupid penalties.

I feel better about the series, there were a lot of firsts last night. First Caps SC Final win at home. First time Vegas lost two straight. 

Vegas didn't come this far to lose the series. I figure they still have fight in them and if it's all extinguished now then they never could handle adversity and it would be easier for the Caps to break their will down and win the series. Game 4 is what interests me. If the Caps come out hard like that and get a gritty 2-1 or 3-1 win again it would be huge. And yes, I know the Caps blow 3-1 leads all the time. But 3-1 going into Vegas with a chance to close it out would be huge. 

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Caps look like a better team on even strength.

Just cannot get suckered into playing their game and giving up stupid penalties.

Agreed. Vegas is like a poor man's version of Tampa. Fast and maybe deeper, but they don't have near the top end talent. No Stamkos or Hedman like players.

The big thing is to not get into an end to end track meet. That's where their depth can shine because their 3rd and 4th waves will outpace our 3rd and 4th waves which will swing the ice back in their favor. Keep doing what we did against Tampa and Pitt, play tight stingy defense and pick our spots with our top line guys while our 3rd/4th guys make the occasional big play(i.e. DSP yesterday).

Also, Fleury looks very mortal. He's playing extremely aggressively, probably to make up for Vegas's D not being very tight. I think we're due a break the dam game where we drop 5+ goals on his ass.

Vegas is indeed decently deep, but they lack any player whom I fear.  My butt clenched every time I heard Panarin's name.  I refuse to say anything good about the Penguins, so use your imagination.  Stamkos and Kucherov were a fearsome duo on the powerplay.  Vegas has... Marchessault and Karlson who have built a reputation this season, but I haven't seen anything in the series to make me worry when I hear their names.

The scene yesterday was just pure bedlam. Missed Shaggy and Sting but did so much stupid drunk stuff with the crowd. And they were almost as drunk as we were too. Lot of drunk people yesterday heckling. One guy was yelling at the NBC set they set up on F street. He was like BRING OUT PIERRE I GOT A BONE TO PICK WITH HIM :rofl89:Another guy with an umbrella with "Pierre You Suck" on it. And we saw so many Vegas fans too, did anyone else see that? They were all around the Greene Turtle. So many Fleury jerseys. Every one of them was yelled down with chants of "Shame shame shame" like Game of Thrones. It was hilarious. 

Alan May passes by on his way to the NBC Sports set and the whole Green Turtle outdoor crowd just starts chanting "Alan May! Alan May! Alan May!" They just chanted so much stuff it was great. I'm going to make it down there Monday and I expect to see a similar atmosphere, although I'll be the first to tell you I have to ****ing work Tuesday so there is no way I can drink 6 beers again on a Monday afternoon

8 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I'll be the first to tell you I have to ****ing work Tuesday so there is no way I can drink 6 beers again on a Monday afternoon

*cough* sick day *cough*

I love that story about Alan May.  The CSN Caps crew are such awesome bunch and really are hard core caps supporters.  I'm almost as happy for them as the players themselves.  

I love that we have the lead and I think it will be critical if we can score first in the upcoming games.  Vegas' heads are going mental right now.  The pressure mounting, Holtby looking unbeatable except for ridiculous gaffs, and Caps just staying calm and playing their hockey.  

51 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Agreed. Vegas is like a poor man's version of Tampa. Fast and maybe deeper, but they don't have near the top end talent. No Stamkos or Hedman like players.

The big thing is to not get into an end to end track meet. That's where their depth can shine because their 3rd and 4th waves will outpace our 3rd and 4th waves which will swing the ice back in their favor. Keep doing what we did against Tampa and Pitt, play tight stingy defense and pick our spots with our top line guys while our 3rd/4th guys make the occasional big play(i.e. DSP yesterday).

Also, Fleury looks very mortal. He's playing extremely aggressively, probably to make up for Vegas's D not being very tight. I think we're due a break the dam game where we drop 5+ goals on his ass.

Yeah on the first Ovechkin goal he was flopping all around the place. I think the Caps probably have the Flower figured out.

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

The scene yesterday was just pure bedlam. Missed Shaggy and Sting but did so much stupid drunk stuff with the crowd. And they were almost as drunk as we were too. Lot of drunk people yesterday heckling. One guy was yelling at the NBC set they set up on F street. He was like BRING OUT PIERRE I GOT A BONE TO PICK WITH HIM :rofl89:Another guy with an umbrella with "Pierre You Suck" on it. And we saw so many Vegas fans too, did anyone else see that? They were all around the Greene Turtle. So many Fleury jerseys. Every one of them was yelled down with chants of "Shame shame shame" like Game of Thrones. It was hilarious. 

Alan May passes by on his way to the NBC Sports set and the whole Green Turtle outdoor crowd just starts chanting "Alan May! Alan May! Alan May!" They just chanted so much stuff it was great. I'm going to make it down there Monday and I expect to see a similar atmosphere, although I'll be the first to tell you I have to ****ing work Tuesday so there is no way I can drink 6 beers again on a Monday afternoon

Must have been right next to you, I was yelling Shame as loud as I could.  The old walk of Atonement.

Yesterday was the most fun I ever had at a sporting event, took the metro in around 1 with some buddies and just bar hopped and and checked out the concert. I had one too many by the time I walked in the arena, but momma didn’t raise no quitter so I kept it flowing. I never seen a turnout like that and by far the loudest I’ve ever heard it in there. The Smith-Pelly goal was insane, place went nuts. After the game was awesome also, one of my buddies who didn’t go in had a bunch of beer outside after the stadium and we kept drinking in the streets for like another hour. Great times, I’ll never forget it. 

Awesome stuff to see the Caps in the lead... I'm not a fan of a certain team.. the closest I've been to hockey was when I lived in Alaska and watched the aces play.. my good friend had season tickets on the glass right next to where the opposing team came in and out... Some of the greatest times in my life were during those games, I got way into it.. there was a final that we played that was in Anchorage and he didn't have a seat available for me so I bought one for me and my kids that was up in not necessarily nosebleed but wasn't on the glass and still had a blast... aaaannny way it has always left me at well who should my favorite NHL team be but I'm not that big of a hockey fan, or am I? with as much fun as I had watching the aces play.. I would think I should pick a team and follow them, kind of haha..so with as much time as I spend here over the last several years I've noticed the capitals have came very close and now have their shot so that's who I'm pulling for, the Capitals..?

Not sure why fans feel the need to get **** faced drunk at sporting events. I don’t mind anyone having a few, but I think it’s awful when someone goes over their limit. I can have fun without alcohol. 

Anyway, washed the red drawers today to get them ready for tomorrow. Can’t put them on until I get home from work. 

11 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Not sure why fans feel the need to get **** faced drunk at sporting events. I don’t mind anyone having a few, but I think it’s awful when someone goes over their limit. I can have fun without alcohol. 

Anyway, washed the red drawers today to get them ready for tomorrow. Can’t put them on until I get home from work. 

If I was going by myself it's unlikely I would have drunk all those beers. Was a group outing. :)

Archived