Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

11 hours ago, c slag said:

I just re-watched game 3 on NHL network it had the "Hockley Night in Canada " telecast and to be honest liked the announcers better than the ones on NBC last night 

Im sure im in the minority but i think mike emrick is the best play by play guy in sports

Just now, zoony said:

Im sure im in the minority but i think mike emrick is the best play by play guy in sports

I'm not 100% on the best, but def very good.  I also think Eddie Olczyk does a nice job.  Keith Jones is pretty great.  Roenick is not my cup of tea.  Mike Milbury can eat a bag of dicks, although he's been better this year.  

58 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree, kind of hard to concentrate at work today.  Having a sporting event to look forward to all day is a surefire way to make the day drag slowly.

I can't stream sports radio at work and I've already went to my car for like 40 minutes at 9am to listen to Jeremy Roenick on the Junks lol. 

Heading to Capital One Arena tonight, can't wait! So glad I got tickets before the game 3 win, they skyrocketed in price. A quick thing on the Marchessault "hot lap", it seemed he was more mocking Trotz than Ovi. Bush league either way. 

If we play the same way tonight, we are going up 3-1 in the series. That was complete dominance, other than a mental error from Holts. As has been mentioned before in this thread, Gallant usually doesn't make adjustments. He has to in this series or we will win the next two. 

52 minutes ago, zoony said:

I think the sign of a good play-by-play person is that they know how to convey what's unfolding in from of them without trying to make it about themselves. He does a really good job of that. Plus he will use what feels like 900 different words for "pass" over the course of the game!

1 hour ago, zoony said:

He certainly is a lot better when we are winning. The majority of my NBCSN memories are being instantly traumatized by the first note of the bumper music and many "save by Murray, save by Lundqvist, save by Halak, HITS THE POST WITH THE SHOT!!!". Much different this year for sure.

1 hour ago, zoony said:

He's terrible compared to PBP guys of the past, like Gary Thorne and Bill Clement. Those two were the best.

1 hour ago, zoony said:

Agreed. I was watching hockey pretty regularly after I graduated from college (and had access to the digital sports stations) and loved hearing Emrick's PBP. 

I do like the local crew with John Walton, though. Can't be easy calling hockey on the radio with the pace of play and following that little puck around as it bounces hither and tither and yon.

Notable Playoff Stats

- Brooks Orpik leads the NHL with a +16

- Ovi has 90 shots, Kuzy has 85
    - Regular season Ovi had 355, Kuzy 180

- We finally got what we asked for, Kuzy to shoot more!

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?reportType=season&seasonFrom=20172018&seasonTo=20172018&gameType=3&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=plusMinus

2 hours ago, Capt'n Obvious said:

Heading to Capital One Arena tonight, can't wait! So glad I got tickets before the game 3 win, they skyrocketed in price. A quick thing on the Marchessault "hot lap", it seemed he was more mocking Trotz than Ovi. Bush league either way. 

If we play the same way tonight, we are going up 3-1 in the series. That was complete dominance, other than a mental error from Holts. As has been mentioned before in this thread, Gallant usually doesn't make adjustments. He has to in this series or we will win the next two. 

I hope Marchessault gets lit up again (legally this time) before this series is over.

I watch the "Quest for the Stanley Cup" show on ESPN+ and he comes across as about as big of a douchebag as you'd expect behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Novice here - but the Caps look clearly better than Vegas. To me, Vegas seems like a less talented Tampa. Am I missing something? 

They have more depth, but less top end talent, except for Fleury.   I don't think they have anyone on the level of Stamkos/Kucherov

5 hours ago, zoony said:

No doubt he is excellent at his job 

Its the people who are with him and especially that Pierre between the glass sometimes grate on me but thats just my opinion 

Capitals have always seemed to have excellent anouncers they even had Kenny Albert for a while on HTS now that guy is brodcasting everything he possibly can 

2 hours ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Notable Playoff Stats

- Brooks Orpik leads the NHL with a +16

- Ovi has 90 shots, Kuzy has 85
    - Regular season Ovi had 355, Kuzy 180

- We finally got what we asked for, Kuzy to shoot more!

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?reportType=season&seasonFrom=20172018&seasonTo=20172018&gameType=3&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=plusMinus

Orpik is playing better than he ever has for the Caps. It's like it took the him and the team 4 years to figure out the best way for him not to get beat constantly by speed guys. Everything is better this playoffs, but he may be as big a reason as any that the Caps have made it this far. He literally was terrible the last two playoffs and cost the Caps hugely. 

Archived